Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

After 4 decades...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That is outrageous!!!

If the bays arent full I guess they have the right to institute something like this PROVIDED they offer you alternative reserved seats, OR a reduced membership fee.
Is "Level 1 Legends Bay members" a new membership category with reduced cost?
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:12 pm

So Legends members basically need to get to games several hours early to get seats in the front rows.
88MPH 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:25 pm

Correct.

Can you believe it?!? And the club has the temerity to blame this absolute stupidity on “member demand”.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the club has admitted that they’ll be targeting “most if not all member areas” with this so if you guys in the Ponsford don’t want to lose your reserved seats in time, I suggest that you make your feelings known to the club now about how they’re treating Southern Stand reserved seat holders because this is just the start of this insanity.

Since when has separating family members and friendship groups been something that members have “demanded”.

BTW, I have a friend who works in membership services at an NFL franchise in the States and I told him about this. He told me that if they tried that there, “there’d be revolution”

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:44 am

Member demand was that we only sit with Collingwood fans and this is the club's solution.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:14 pm

88MPH wrote:
BTW, I have a friend who works in membership services at an NFL franchise in the States and I told him about this. He told me that if they tried that there, “there’d be revolution”

Aha. This is interesting. Which NFL franchise is this?
88MPH 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:02 pm

I can't give that away but let's just say that it's a team in a relatively small media market who has been down for a long period of time and who is about to take off for the stratosphere. If you know your NFL, you'll know who I mean.

In addition to him saying that "there'd be revolution" if a franchise tried the same thing in the States, he told me that the first thing everyone is taught in membership services is "never, ever take your fans for granted because once you disconnect their passion from your organisation, you will lose them and never get them back". He also thought that Collingwood's plans were a clear case of 1. membership services overstepping their role, and 2. decisions made by people merely to justify their own positions.

He simply could not believe that Collingwood would break what he called "the first law of sporting administration" - look after your members.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:18 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
I can see what they are trying to do. The half empty bays behind the goals have not been a good look for a long time now.

However, the approach is about as subtle as a baseball bat.

Is there a price reduction for the loss of amenity? What will happen at the blockbuster games if that bay is full? How do you recognise the loyal fans that have turned up week-in, week-out? Its not their fault the bays look empty.

This!
Every year I check out what’s available to we are only 5 rows back from the fence. They can get stuffed! I love my reserved seat, that’s bullshit. They want more more more, and we get less less less.

I also agree with the signed footy comment!

Talk about arrogance. No members no club, this absolutely stinks. I will be calling them when I get home.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:49 pm

I understand the club wants to fill up the members area, but to achieve this they're going to alienate a significant portion of members who attend games every week and have done nothing but be loyal to their club.

A few years back at one of the end of season member forums (either 2014 or 2015) the club hinted that they would do something similar to what 88MPH has told us, but nothing really came to fruition.

As a Legends Member who has reserved seats in the Ponsford End for H&A games I worry I will be affected by this. Hopefully if a members forum is held, this will be raised by members.

88MPH 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:08 pm

Jezza, you will be affected. They’ve told me so. They haven’t told you yet coz that’s how they do it. They only inform a small number of members (presumably to avoid the heat) but go ahead with it any way. I’ve been sitting with a group of many other Legends members in the same reserved seats for years. Only 2, that’s right 2, of us have received communication from the club about it.

When I challenged them on this they admitted that they hadn’t yet advised all Legends members who currently sit in the Southern Stand and who will be stripped of their reserved seats. Their attitude is so blasé. He said words to the effect of “we’ll let them know eventually”.

They also admitted that almost all reserved seat bays will eventually be turned into general admission bays. This means the Ponsford.

I’m normally pretty calm and measured but this is so infuriating that I couldn’t continue to communicate with them.

The members forum will be too late. How the Board is standing idly by and letting this happen is beyond me. Oh that’s right, they get to sit in their reserved seats in front of the President’s function room every week. Imagine the sh*t storm if those seats were taken away from them!

Regrettably this is how the Collingwood Football Club now chooses to treat its members.

Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:40 pm

88MPH wrote:
Jezza, you will be affected. They’ve told me so. They haven’t told you yet coz that’s how they do it. They only inform a small number of members (presumably to avoid the heat) but go ahead with it any way. I’ve been sitting with a group of many other Legends members in the same reserved seats for years. Only 2, that’s right 2, of us have received communication from the club about it.

When I challenged them on this they admitted that they hadn’t yet advised all Legends members who currently sit in the Southern Stand and who will be stripped of their reserved seats. Their attitude is so blasé. He said words to the effect of “we’ll let them know eventually”.

They also admitted that almost all reserved seat bays will eventually be turned into general admission bays. This means the Ponsford.

I’m normally pretty calm and measured but this is so infuriating that I couldn’t continue to communicate with them.

The members forum will be too late. How the Board is standing idly by and letting this happen is beyond me. Oh that’s right, they get to sit in their reserved seats in front of the President’s function room every week. Imagine the sh*t storm if those seats were taken away from them!

Regrettably this is how the Collingwood Football Club now chooses to treat its members.

Do you have email about this or anything?

I just I hope I am not effected by this too.

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
88MPH 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:03 am

Email extract from the club:

Good morning,

Thank you for your ongoing support of the Collingwood Football Club.

We want to make you aware of changes to your membership package for the 2020 season.

There will no longer be allocated reserved seats on level 1 of the Great Southern Stand. As a result, this area has been converted into reserved bays.

When I challenged them on this they replied:

We are going to introduce reserved bays in most, if not all of our membership areas. We are starting with the Great Southern Stand as we can do it the fastest and it will impact upon the least number of members. We plan to do this with all membership areas.

Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Cant wait for AGM to question them.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Perfect timing for me to reduce my level of membership for next year then.
toovmeister 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:32 am

Is anyone really surprised by these developments?? The club is interested in its fans money, nothing more. There is no consideration whatsoever of the loyalty of long term members when they make decisions.
toovmeister 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:35 am

If these changes go ahead, i am ditching my legends m/ship as well after 17 years. I will just buy good seats from the ticket agency for the games i want to go to , and in years where i think we are a chance of making it to the big day i will just buy a corporate package which at least guarantees me a good seat at the GF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: