Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

After 4 decades...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
88MPH 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
After your anger subsides, you'll find your love of the club overrides your loss of your reserved seats and you'll find some way of attending Collingwood games where other Collingwood supporters are seated and get to enjoy the game again. You should raise the issue with Eddie at the members' forum at the end of the season to see whether a compromise solution can be reached

I appreciate your opinion mate but spin, platitudes and generalisations at the members' forum will not repair a broken heart I'm afraid.

K 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:49 pm
Post subject: Re: After 4 decades...Reply with quote

shawthing wrote:
... If supporters would only realise that the only power we have is to withhold our money by not buying memberships, then perhaps we can change their minds. Boycott might not sound like a supporterly thing to do, but sometimes it's the ONLY way to get the powers that be (I'm looking at you Eddie!) to change their tune.

But everyone who goes down that path should make sure to let the club know multiple times about the reason for the decision. They cannot read your minds. Heck, they cannot even do simple things like mail out memberships before Christmas or deal with eight-year injury crises.
The Drooge 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:04 pm
Post subject: I remember this!Reply with quote

I was at that game! Pouring rain. Sat through the whole thing in the rain at the southern end. Steven Patterson kicked a bag from memory.

88MPH wrote:
No mate, you're right. I have missed a few, but not many.

I was simply making the point that it's the most loyal of members who will be the most greatly impacted by this.

You know, in 1999 the Pies were 0-7 and drawn to play Fremantle at the MCG. It was a freezing cold day - from memory no more than than 10C. I sat in the pouring rain in the seats that the club now intends to take away from me. We won that game and I was soaked to the bone but so happy. I reckon the crowd was no more than about 26,000. Anyway, as we were leaving I turned to my mate and said, these are the days that make you proud to be a Collingwood member. There is something special about belonging to this great club. Eddie should be out the back of the stand taking the name of everyone who turned up today to cheer on the boys, and to make sure that those people are always looked after.

Fast forward exactly 20 years and look how we are being treated. Side by side?

The Drooge 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:08 pm
Post subject: Called the club.Reply with quote

I am a Legends member with H&A seats in the Ponsford. Called the club after reading this and mentioned that I would be returning to a reserve seat membership if any changes are made.

Also, and I mention it every year, how does a kid legend membership snag a Sherrin and as an adult I get stickers and a shinny pin. I want the footy! Should be bloody signed by a 2019 player as well i reckon.

Anyway, rant over. Gonna be tough without Cox and Beama but I still think we are a sneaky chance.

Go Piez

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:14 pm

There’s no loyalty anymore. Especially with the AFL. Look how El Presidente responded to the fan letter demanding a word on our injuries — with disdain. He could’ve sugar coated it with “we have passionate supporters!” but yeah nah.
88MPH 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:03 pm

Quote:
mentioned that I would be returning to a reserve seat membership if any changes are made

But mate, they have conceded to me firstly that they intend to do this with almost all membership bays (including the Ponsford) and, secondly, by then your reserved seats will be gone so what you'll be "returning" to is general admission membership, NOT reserved seat membership.

See what they're doing? They're taking our reserved seats away from us so that all we've got left is general admission. It's turning back the clock 30 years.

They're doing the Southern Stand first because they think that's where they'll get least resistance.

It's so underhanded and sneaky. They are announcing it right before finals so we'll be thinking about other things. They are not telling all members (many other Legends members I spoke to yesterday hadn't received any communication whatsoever from the club!)

The whole thing is so un-Collingwood.

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:46 pm
Post subject: Re: After 4 decades...Reply with quote

K wrote:
shawthing wrote:
... If supporters would only realise that the only power we have is to withhold our money by not buying memberships, then perhaps we can change their minds. Boycott might not sound like a supporterly thing to do, but sometimes it's the ONLY way to get the powers that be (I'm looking at you Eddie!) to change their tune.

But everyone who goes down that path should make sure to let the club know multiple times about the reason for the decision. They cannot read your minds. Heck, they cannot even do simple things like mail out memberships before Christmas or deal with eight-year injury crises.

Fair point. But what we've learned in the more recent years of El Presidente's reign is that democracy is a forgotten process at Collingwood. I mean we can't even get a real hearing at Members' forums, and the idea of changing the president is as likely as changing Fidel Castro when he was in power. The only power left to us is to withhold our money!
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:59 pm

I'm a Legeds Member with MCG Home (GSS) and Away (Ponny) and I haven't been notified....any proof if what's going on? Rolling Eyes
Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:06 pm

Clemo wrote:
I'm a Legeds Member with MCG Home (GSS) and Away (Ponny) and I haven't been notified....any proof if what's going on? Rolling Eyes

Hi,

Can you please tell me and refresh me what is going on about stripping off reserved seating.

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:57 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
You should raise the issue with Eddie at the members' forum at the end of the season to see whether a compromise solution can be reached.

You'd have to think this will be a sore point at the members' forum?
Surely plenty of seat holders will be thinking along the same lines and threatening to withdrawn financial support over this issue?

Christ, how I long for the days of my reserved seat in the Sherrin Stand at Vic Park every second week in the 80s&90s, sitting next to Rudeboy and the crew.
Such simple, good times stolen from us forever; all so unnecessary too.

88MPH 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:50 am

Quote:

Here's your proof. This was an email sent to SOME Legends members who have reserved seats in the Southern Stand.

Note:
1. The timing;
2. That many Legends Members did not receive this email;
3. The lack of discussion/consultation with members, some of whom have held the same reserved seats for close to 25 years;
4. The acknowledgment that the decision to rob people of their seats will split up family and friends;
5. The unilateral removal of Marvel Stadium reserved seats.

Thank you for your continued support of the club as a Legends member.

We are coming up to 2020 membership renewals and wanted to update you on some important changes to your Legends membership moving forward.

What’s changing

The club is transitioning level 1 of the Great Southern Stand at the MCG from reserved seating to reserved bays . These changes are being made to help improve the atmosphere on match day and to avoid opposition fans from purchasing tickets within this area.

Level 1 Legends Bay members will have exclusive access to this bay.

There is sufficient allocation of seating within this area to ensure you have access to a seat, along with the opportunity to purchase additional guest passes for your family and friends.

What this means for you

Instead of holding a reserved seat, you will now have access to sit anywhere within bays M14-M16 for Collingwood home games at the MCG.

Your away seat at the MCG will remain the same as 2019 and instead of having a reserved seat at Collingwood games played at Marvel Stadium, you will now have general admission access.

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:26 am

I can see what they are trying to do. The half empty bays behind the goals have not been a good look for a long time now.

However, the approach is about as subtle as a baseball bat.

Is there a price reduction for the loss of amenity? What will happen at the blockbuster games if that bay is full? How do you recognise the loyal fans that have turned up week-in, week-out? Its not their fault the bays look empty.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:35 am

The MCC’s seating plan introduced a couple of years ago doesn’t help. It absolutely sucks to be honest.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:49 am

Wish they'd do something about the MCC sections – that's the biggest blight on the MCG by far. Usually half-empty, and seemingly take up about half the available seating (and completely blocks access between the two ends of the ground). If there's an odd case where all those seats are actually full, let the toffs who turn up late sit in general admission.
88MPH 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:29 pm

I understand your sentiment re the MCC but that has always been the case.

The difference here of course is that the MCC gives Collingwood the opportunity to do with its seat allocation as it pleases. And what does it decide to do? To create segregated bays between families and groups of friends.

So ridiculous.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: