Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Tigers. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

courtza wrote:
The whole team apart from Degoey and Stevo should be put up for trade

Yeah - we're the bottom side, showing no signs of being in the premiership window anytime soon and we've had no injuries holding us back - so it must be logical. Shocked Rolling Eyes

bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:05 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Collingwood won the second half, 6.6 to 5.7. It may not seem much but I thought at half time that we were a chance to lose by 100 points. They kept at it, which is all one can sensibly demand. We simply did not have enough quality players on the park tonight.

đź‘Ť
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:26 am

did show a lot of heart and confidence to keep at it after such a disastrous start. Don't kid yourself Rchmond weren't toying with us, they knew they had to play it out. AT end of 2nd q, getting 2 quixck goals, I was thinking that's 1/4 of 8 goal lead in 2 minutes, if you get a run on its' very possible to overhaul a lead like that in quick time.

In the end the main difference was superstar Tom Lynch.

Buckley and Pendles in interviews were surprisingly positive. I'm sure they knwo a lot of stuff we don't, they still have strong belief and taht's half the battle. REmains to be seen about the other half!

Def need to get some back. Fairlytale finals woudl be Reid, Wells, BEams, DArcy and ADams, Elliot, Aish, Greenwood, Roughhead all fit and firing for finals (STevo a given). that would make a huge difference - I can dream but hopefully at least a couple of those does happen.

Also might be worht trialling Atu in bigtime this week, just maybe is ready to add some of that young forward spark that most of the other teams have gained this year.

It's great to be a juggernaut on top of the world and breeze to a premiership, but these painful backs-to-the-wall seasons are more interesting and character-building for both club and supporters. Seems that's life most of the time.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:11 am

think positive wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
35reasons wrote:
Kill for Collingwood wrote:
Beams can stay home and have a big cry.

That’s a pretty insensitive thing to say about anyone suffering from a mental illness. Not very “side by side”.

Was glad to see Jeff Kennett call out Will Fowles for hiding behind mental illness this week.

While I'm not accusing Beams of this, I reckon some AFL players are playing this card to their advantage

dont change the subject, this comment should be removed full stop, its disgusting. no wonder so many men cant see a way out when someone who puts his hand up cops a comment like this from a 'supporter".

kill for collingwood hey? its a game mate, i love this team and club with everything i got, but there is always a bigger picture.

shame shame shame

Well said T P, I have suffered from Depression, and its no damn joke,not now, not ever, anyone can be stricken with it, nobody is iimmune, even Winston Churchill had mental issues. The comment is very hurtful for a young man who also lost his father far too young. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Streak Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:52 am

Glad to see the “end is nigh” crowd are still around. We’d barely have a bulletin board otherwise. Round 18, we’re in the top four. Round 19, we must be stripped and sold for parts, everyone is useless, we’re worse than Carlton.... aaaaah it’s grand to be a Collingwood supporter.

All this after the West Coast game, which was supposed to herald a new era of self-belief. Just like every game heralds a new era. But that’s the problem: when every game is seen as the beginning of a new, long-lasting trend, we go from elation to abject misery, every bloody week. Our supporter base is bipolar.

This is why we make dumb calls. Sometimes the club acts way too early on a coach, or a player, because the baying hordes are at the door. We sabotage ourselves. If we could learn to see a loss as a loss - nothing more, nothing less - and a win as a win - nothing more, nothing less - our lives, our glorious club, would find itself some stability. Good luck to this club ever winning another flag, though, built on an unstable foundation like us.

Apparently it feels good to some people to declare “SEASON OVER!!!11” after every unexpected or ignoble loss, but ffs it’s comical. And ffs, your kids are watching. And the rest of us are watching. If you really feel the blackest depression after a loss, I feel for you, but you need to answer the question: what right do you have to infect others with your mood?

So we’ve been sucky. For two months, I would argue. But every footy season is an exercise in constant reinvention. We have eighteen teams working constantly to adapt to seventeen other teams, so I have a hard time with the whole “we beat Richmond fifteen rounds ago so we should beat them now” argument. The season is a fast-flowing river, and one can never step in the same river twice.

The successful teams are those that adapt to each week’s conditions most consistently over the course of a year. That’s it. We’ve struggled to absorb changes for the past eight weeks. We will either get that right, or we will not. But I am confident we are capable of doing so (yes, without gutting the playing list and coaching staff).

I think we will do fine. It’s interesting to me that in our last two losses, we basically battled hard and matched our opponents for three quarters, and fell entirely asleep for one quarter of each game (and got blown away in that quarter). What’s encouraging about that is that it’s looked to me for about four months like we sleep for three quarters and switch on for one high-intensity period to win the game. In some ways, we’re trending right.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:25 am

Streak wrote:
I think we will do fine. It’s interesting to me that in our last two losses, we basically battled hard and matched our opponents for three quarters, and fell entirely asleep for one quarter of each game (and got blown away in that quarter). ...

That often happens when one team blows away the other in the first quarter. They won't keep blowing them away for three more quarters, or else there'd be heaps of 120-point margins in the AFL, so it's not a huge achievement for the team that got blown away to tread water for another 2 quarters.
dollygray 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:56 am

Let's stop pussyfooting around. Our team (with only a very few exceptions) are a bunch of princesses with no heart. What happened to guts and determination? Both seem lost to our team. I don't know who is at fault here. Is it Bucks, selectors, trainers, fitness people? Perhaps all of them. But we have now slipped back to sixth and are no sure thing to beat the Suns next week who are in last place. I appreciate we are decimated with injuries, not to mention that idiot Stevenson who is so badly missed. I'm still to be convinced that he was fined $20,000 along with a 10 week suspension over the paltry so-called sum of $36. $36,000 would be more like it. Don't treat us supporters like idiots. That's enough bitching for today. Still luvem come what may.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:06 pm

Streak wrote:
Glad to see the “end is nigh” crowd are still around. We’d barely have a bulletin board otherwise. Round 18, we’re in the top four. Round 19, we must be stripped and sold for parts, everyone is useless, we’re worse than Carlton.... aaaaah it’s grand to be a Collingwood supporter.

All this after the West Coast game, which was supposed to herald a new era of self-belief. Just like every game heralds a new era. But that’s the problem: when every game is seen as the beginning of a new, long-lasting trend, we go from elation to abject misery, every bloody week. Our supporter base is bipolar.

This is why we make dumb calls. Sometimes the club acts way too early on a coach, or a player, because the baying hordes are at the door. We sabotage ourselves. If we could learn to see a loss as a loss - nothing more, nothing less - and a win as a win - nothing more, nothing less - our lives, our glorious club, would find itself some stability. Good luck to this club ever winning another flag, though, built on an unstable foundation like us.

Apparently it feels good to some people to declare “SEASON OVER!!!11” after every unexpected or ignoble loss, but ffs it’s comical. And ffs, your kids are watching. And the rest of us are watching. If you really feel the blackest depression after a loss, I feel for you, but you need to answer the question: what right do you have to infect others with your mood?

So we’ve been sucky. For two months, I would argue. But every footy season is an exercise in constant reinvention. We have eighteen teams working constantly to adapt to seventeen other teams, so I have a hard time with the whole “we beat Richmond fifteen rounds ago so we should beat them now” argument. The season is a fast-flowing river, and one can never step in the same river twice.

The successful teams are those that adapt to each week’s conditions most consistently over the course of a year. That’s it. We’ve struggled to absorb changes for the past eight weeks. We will either get that right, or we will not. But I am confident we are capable of doing so (yes, without gutting the playing list and coaching staff).

I think we will do fine. It’s interesting to me that in our last two losses, we basically battled hard and matched our opponents for three quarters, and fell entirely asleep for one quarter of each game (and got blown away in that quarter). What’s encouraging about that is that it’s looked to me for about four months like we sleep for three quarters and switch on for one high-intensity period to win the game. In some ways, we’re trending right.

There are one or two who like to declare "season over" whenever the opposition kicks the first goal in a game. I really don't know why they bother posting.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:12 pm

NO team can function on all pistons with 12 senior players out one sidelined one hour before the game. The Tigers were ratshit when they had mass injuries, remember ?? Now aside from Rance, they r all back, on deck, and firing that's how it is. Get Moore, Langdon, Dunn, Taylor adams, back in the side, and that wont happen this yr, and it would be a huge difference, but it is what it is, we are crippled, and that's the way of it.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:16 pm

bokka wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Collingwood won the second half, 6.6 to 5.7. It may not seem much but I thought at half time that we were a chance to lose by 100 points. They kept at it, which is all one can sensibly demand. We simply did not have enough quality players on the park tonight.

đź‘Ť

This. But Devil's Advocate, did Richmond take the foot off the pedal thinking their first quarter had won the game? Sometimes these stats can flatter the losing team.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:23 pm

Possibly - but Hardwick was beside himself with anger in the coaching box when they let us get 2 in a row just before halftime. I assume they slackened off a bit - but to me the point is that they didn't grind us into the dirt, like I thought they were going to do. On one view, it doesn't matter how much you lose by if you lose - on another, if you're trailing by 33 early in the game and lose by 32, that's not as dreadful as it might have been. I suppose my view is also coloured by expecting, even before Adams had to pull out, that we had a 10 to 15 goal loss coming, given who we could put on the park.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:32 pm

I agree with a lot of the criticisms of our mids' failures to win centre clearances, as I've been on about this for a couple of years now. However, I actually think our main problem is that we have built our whole forward line around someone who has only played footy for 4 years. Cox has played ONE great game in his 4 yr career and probably played no more than 10 good games over that journey. Our midfielders can not possibly have any confidence going forward, and Cox's lumbering style does not help us keep the ball in our forward line.

Despite his heroic Prelim performance last year, it is time to draw a close on his career as a Magpie. I would consider trading him - while he still has some currency - in the hope of picking up a prospective young key forward. For next year, despite how well he played in defence this year, maybe we return Moore to a key forward position. A forward line of Moore, JDG, Stephenson, WHE, Mihocek and Pendles/Sidey wopuld be a marked improvement on what we currently have.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:54 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
bokka wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

đź‘Ť

This. But Devil's Advocate, did Richmond take the foot off the pedal thinking their first quarter had won the game? Sometimes these stats can flatter the losing team.

There is not a chance in the world Richmond took their foot off the peddle after what we did to them in the last two games.
They had to make a statement about not being Collingwoods bitch
This was small redemption for them. They were “ only “ about 5 or 6 up at qtr time. With three quarters to go, nobody would ever put the queue in the rack so early ( even less likely these days with 6 6 6 )

I think what’s more relevant, is why all of a sudden we are now giving up such big starts.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:05 pm

Streak wrote:

This is a really pertinent point I reckon Streak. Bravo!! Smile
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:11 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I agree with a lot of the criticisms of our mids' failures to win centre clearances, as I've been on about this for a couple of years now. However, I actually think our main problem is that we have built our whole forward line around someone who has only played footy for 4 years. Cox has played ONE great game in his 4 yr career and probably played no more than 10 good games over that journey. Our midfielders can not possibly have any confidence going forward, and Cox's lumbering style does not help us keep the ball in our forward line.

Despite his heroic Prelim performance last year, it is time to draw a close on his career as a Magpie. I would consider trading him - while he still has some currency - in the hope of picking up a prospective young key forward. For next year, despite how well he played in defence this year, maybe we return Moore to a key forward position. A forward line of Moore, JDG, Stephenson, WHE, Mihocek and Pendles/Sidey wopuld be a marked improvement on what we currently have.

That's why I"m still not sure if he could eventually make it or not. He does show glimpses and the prelim was a helluva glimpse.
I'd be inclined to relegate him to VFL for at least a year, until he shows a lot of improvement esp in agression and agility. he was a decent basketballer why cant' he play footy like he played b'ball, which I think is what Pendels does. IF he is not prepared to take the large pay cut for a year or 2 in order to try to make it as a reliable AFL player, then he prob doesn't have enough love of the game and hence motivation to make it anyway. then again anotehr club would prob pluck him up and that's just when he would start playing great, we've seen that quite a few times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13   

Jump to: