Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Player contract news

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Medders85 wrote:
Didn't we give Taylor Adams a 5 year deal recently? As if we would give Taylor Adams a 5 year deal and not offer Grundy 5-6 years. Adams is important but easily replaceable. Grundy you just have to keep!

Agree Grundy is paramount.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Jpies 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:07 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
That Cloke contract brouhaha still gets me the irripts. What a cock up of a season that was.

Dear Collingwood, Brody Grundy's don't grow on trees. They're a Nathan Buckley, Buddy, Wayne Carey. Do whatever you need to do to keep them at the club!

Interesting comparison, but might lead you to a different conclusion. I hope Grundy stays. But Hawthorn made the right call letting Franklin leave, and Sydney's salary cap has been stretched ever since (with none of the expected flags eventuating). Likewise, Brisbane did pretty fine during Buckley's career after he left...

If the rumoured offer to Grundy is correct, then I'm surprised we aren't offering more. However, no player is worth throwing the kitchen sink at, if it prevents us from retaining talent across the ground. Grundy would get more $ on the open market, and if he chooses that, good luck to him. But I can't see a side paying their ruckman $1.2m a year being able balance their salary cap in a way that will put them in serious flag contention.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:45 am

Presti35 wrote:
How Pies plan to keep star-studded list together

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-06/grundy-de-goey-moore-how-pies-plan-to-keep-starstudded-list-together

Quote:
When are the Magpies contracted to?
*Full 2019 senior list plus rookie Brodie Mihocek

Taylor Adams

Jack Crisp

Dayne Beams, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Brayden Maynard, Isaac Quaynor, Steele Sidebottom

Jeremy Howe, Tom Langdon, Tom Phillips, Jaidyn Stephenson, Josh Thomas, Adam Treloar

James Aish, Atu Bosenavulagi, Callum Brown, Tyler Brown, Mason Cox, Josh Daicos, Jordan De Goey, Brodie Grundy, Will Kelly, Chris Mayne, Brodie Mihocek, Darcy Moore, Nathan Murphy, Scott Pendlebury, Jordan Roughead, Matt Scharenberg

Ben Crocker, Lynden Dunn, Jamie Elliott, Tyson Goldsack, Levi Greenwood, Ben Reid, Brayden Sier, Travis Varcoe, Rupert Wills, Daniel Wells

Of the 2019 group
Seir Wills Greenwood Elliott are keepers
Crocker Varcoe Reid if we have money left at minimum

For all the media talk it's already reported the Bulldogs are highly doubtful of getting Moore Ralph said they have turned there attention elsewhere already
Langdon is 2020 not 2021 his was 2 year deal with a 1 year option in clubs favour highly unlikely to be triggered now after another serious knee injury
Still no word from club on how his operation went which is worrying really because had it been successful one would think the club would want to get some good news out among all these other injuries

Balancing the cap is a hard job
Grundy JDG Moore are the 3 most important signatures for the clubs future
We an e other pieces already locked away and if this group is as close as its fed to us then we will find a way to keep them all

If money is tight then we might have to make a hard decision
Do we let a Moore Grundy or JDG walk for a extra $100-$200k a season or do we let a veteran go elsewhere for a longer better financial deal like the Hawks have ?
There is interest from the Suns for someone like a Sidey who could command a 4 year deal from them on much better money which would free up around $550-$650k a season for us ? I'm not saying get rid of Sidey at all I'm using it as a example of what might be possible if we need to find some savings to pour into the other 3 to keep them

There is also the possibility that a player like Beams walks away from the game as well (no this isn't inside knowledge my last conversation with him he was determined to play again) but it is a chance if he can't find that happy place to play football. A big part of this years and next is paid by the Lions so our contribution to his departure would be minimal in cap terms

Looking over the entire list of players off contact next couple seasons is the amount of them who have had long term injury issues
Scharenberg would be last chance saloon now. If he can get through this season and next he will get a new deal suffer another knee and he's gone
Moore started to show durability then bang gone again
Langdon's knee/s are shot and depending on the success or lack there of will determine his future beyond 2019. He could be a medical retirement over the off season if his knee doesn't respond to the latest surgery.
Elliott's long term hammy issues prevents us from offering anything long term unless it's on league minimum with the majority of his earnings coming from actually playing and performing
Seir might just be that kid who's body is never going to be 100% right
It's always one injury then another with him and there always multiple weeks never just a week or 2

I'm hopeful the club find a way to retain our key planks in Moore JDG Grundy without having to lose too many bit players around them
Time will tell
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:26 am

Medders85 wrote:
Didn't we give Taylor Adams a 5 year deal recently? As if we would give Taylor Adams a 5 year deal and not offer Grundy 5-6 years. Adams is important but easily replaceable. Grundy you just have to keep!

Yeah it doesn’t make sense. It doesn’t smell legit to me. Unless Grundy has told us he’s definitely going to Adelaide and his manager is trying to get a 5-6 year deal from them. Hence our soft “offer.”
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:54 am

Some people need to take a valium and settle down.

None of us know what has or has not been offered to Grundy by our club. The fact is, he is contracted to us for another 12 months and negotiations over an extension will be resuming early in the new year.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:25 pm

Rule 1 of negotiation - start high! give them the best offer possible, with any luck they will counter with a lower offer.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:19 pm
Post subject: IT would REALLY give us a BIG BOOST If, if,...........Reply with quote

IF, IF , WE RE SIGNED GRUNDY BEFORE FINALS. !!!!

I think he whole team would get a massive boost in confidence, if we can re sign him before season ends. Hes our best player, does he really want to go to the fighting and dis united Crows, ?? a wasteland now of bickering and sniping, not a happy club the crows, surely Grundy would be aware of this in fighting over there ?? Just re sign him, that's it. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:28 pm

We can't re-sign Grundy until he's ready to sign. It's all about player managers these days. They are waiting to see what all the offers are first. Business comes before loyalty I'm afraid. We'll see plenty more of this in the years to come (just look at what happens in the NBA now).
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:10 pm

Sier about to sign a 2 year extension
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:00 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Sier about to sign a 2 year extension

After he nails a 3 pointer. Cool

www.facebook/the hybernators
E 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:09 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Medders85 wrote:

Yeah it doesn’t make sense. It doesn’t smell legit to me. Unless Grundy has told us he’s definitely going to Adelaide and his manager is trying to get a 5-6 year deal from them. Hence our soft “offer.”

i would think time is on Grundy's side (as he continues to enhance his value with every game). I reckon once we get rid of all the old injured dudes whose contracts expire in 2019, we'll sit down and do a deal with him.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:55 am

Good news about Sier as we need that next batch of young midfielders coming through.

It'll become great news if he can get back to the same level of professionalism he discovered last year but has seemingly fallen below this season.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:23 pm

Lol if Adelaide offer Grundy $1.5m. If they want tom invest that much in one person, then good luck to them I say.
Ads7 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:35 pm

Levi Greenwood who was due to be out of contract end of 2019 has signed a 1 year extension tying him to Pies until end of 2020.

I like it. 1 year deal feels right to me.

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-04/how-veteran-pie-went-from-embarrassed-to-elated-in-eight-weeks
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:50 pm

Well done to Levi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: