Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Mutterings of Mick Malthouse: Part 15

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:43 pm
Post subject: The Mutterings of Mick Malthouse: Part 15Reply with quote

Oh Michael Malthouse! You really are becoming a caricature of yourself. So you've launched a new podcast via the Herald Sun platforms called "Sacked": The Coaches Stories. No doubt another money spinner post you're coaching career.

Another earner on top of your Lexus ads, ABC radio contributions, corporate speaking gigs etc.. All of this on top of the $15,000,000 over 13 seasons you pulled from the Pies and the $3,500,000+ plus from the Blues in 2.3 seasons. As Al Pacino opined in the late 1970's to a young actor on the set of "And Justice for All" movie. He wisely stated to said actor whom was contemplating taking an acting gig purely for the cash: "How many steaks can one more eat"!

So Mick states that his ultra reliable source "Greg" that being for the uninitiated "Greg Swann", that truly trustworthy, loyal alumni whom was double dealing with Carlton via the "Philandering Colluding Cardboard Public Thief" Richard Pratt behind Eddie's back on the eve of the 2007 season. That the Board and Eddie was championing for Mick's sacking on two but possibly more times!

Mick then pulls the family card for the 979th time in his media quotes talking about the stresses of family life, ill parents and the old chestnut of "Poor Nanette": the home-keeper whom had to deal with the fallout. Yes I can just hear the violins playing Mick if this was a channel 7 exclusive. The same Mick whose family never wanted him coaching after the Pies yet whose opinions Mick dissed all in favour of the "filthy lucre cash" and broadside to Eddie and the Pies. The same Mick whom famously stated at the 2011 Best and Fairest goodbye: "I could never coach against my boys: Pies players".

Hey Mick, in 8 seasons since the famous Kirribilli agreement Nathan has said but "One thing" in a heavily courted questioning effort by Gerard Whately on his breakfast show. Yourself?? Soon as the attention deprivation kicks in, Mick goes to his 1 wood and pulls out the "Director of Coaching deal". One that he now only signed due to distress!!! That's right. $1,000,000 to be in a "meet and greet" role as you call it. So distressing Mick. Kick in those violins channel 7!

I'll leave this little anecdote of Mick Malthouse's contribution to the fans at Collingwood. In a cold 2007 winter in late July, my father whom was President of the Woodsmen Coterie group saw a visibly cold Mr and Mrs Malthouse outside the warmth of the Corporate area where the members were watching the game. My father invited them both inside to the room at half time for a cup of tea, scone and a sandwich. Combined with watching the rest of the game in the sanctity of warmth and comfort. So appreciative of the gesture, Mick's parents wrote a kind letter the next week to my father thanking him for the gesture of kindness.

Mick, whom in the 2000-2008 rebuffed every opportunity to speak to the Woodsmen Coterie group, was contacted by father via email passing on the encounter with Mick's parents. The meet, the greet, the sandwiches, the inviting into the warmth of the coterie room. The possibility of "finally" catching up with the Coterie for some words at any time convenient to Mick. Mick's reply you may well ask???

SILENCE

Last edited by inxs88 on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He didn't even mention getting sacked by Carlton.

Mick, I liked you as coach, thank you for 2010, but please...

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:59 pm

Absolutely. Talk about a persecution complex.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:01 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
He didn't even mention getting sacked by Carlton.

Mick, I liked you as coach, thank you for 2010, but please...

The problem with a bully is that often the supressed never stand up to them.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:31 am

Whats the ol Geezer saying bout us now ???? NO on second thoughts, id rather not know, he dwells in the past now.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:50 am
Post subject: mick MalthouseReply with quote

Good grief Mick, enough. We will always be grateful for your part in the Pies 2010 premiership.
However I believe that you sabotaged 2011 in quite a few ways. The distraction regarding you personally and the coaching postion was one, BUT the fact that , inspite of our tremendous winning record, you DIDN'T take the opportunity to rest players.
Right up until that last game against Geelong. That was RUBBISH.
But the worst thing for me, was being at the best and fairest and hearing you say those words
"I could never coach against my boys"

Our first game under Bucks when the Pies played Carlscum, and they beat the crap out of your new BOYS...was JOYFUL .

After 10 years, supporters had been wanting you to go, and Eddie gave you that extra time..
Just move on Mick..You should know the end is never easy.
Look at Bolton and Scott. Just enjoy life and forgive.. It is the way to heal.

K 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:43 am

What was the "one regret" the tabloid screams that MM says he had about 2011?
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:51 pm

K wrote:

Regrets not playing a shot Prestigiacomo. I regret him playing a lame Ben Reid on Hawkins for 3.95 quarters.

K 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:11 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Regrets not playing a shot Prestigiacomo. I regret him playing a lame Ben Reid on Hawkins for 3.95 quarters.

Presti? Presti retired at the end of 2010. I regret that MM did not encourage Presti to play on for one more year. MM had this silly belief that you don't do that. He thinks you just leave it to the player and if the player thinks about retiring you let him.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:04 pm

Bartel (on MM's podcast): "I'm enjoying it, because he's going over the 2011 Grand Final."
rambler 

rambler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:29 pm

inxs88 wrote:
K wrote:

This was one of MM's biggest blunders, i remember screaming at the tellie
" For chrissake put Tarrant on Hawkins. Reid is on one leg!!".
I've never heard him address this on tv, radio or print.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:30 pm

Reid on Hawkins still keeps me awake at night.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:38 pm

And selecting Fas instead of Goldsack meant there wasn't an extra defensive option.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:29 am

You'd think after the club gave him life membership a couple of years ago, that he'd stop potting our club, Eddie, and Bucks. Shows a lot about his character.
As for Bucks comments about Malthouse in the Whately interview, it was simply a matter of Bucks setting the record straight on false statements made by Malthouse in his AFL hall of fame speech. Malthy can rant and rave all he wants but when he tries to revise history with lies, then sorry you can't let that go through to the keeper.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:03 am

It is quite clear: Mick Malthouse has a psychosis, brought on by his failure to win the 2011 Premiership. He needs to invent a plethora of diversions, exaggerations, and emotional projections to explain away how he coached us to a loss on that day, given all the resources we had available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: