Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Grundy re-signs.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Grundy for free pie floaters for our membership

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-06/curious-adelaide-how-did-the-pie-floater-come-about/9018094

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:57 pm

I am not worried about him leaving at all
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:53 pm
Post subject: Brodie Grundy - negotiation updateReply with quote

"Robbie D’Orazio, who represents Brodie Grundy, has provided an update on the Collingwood ruckman's contract situation."

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/10/01/management-provides-update-on-collingwood-star-grundy/

In short, Brodie's managment is "confident"of getting what he wants (namely, a 7-year deal), that Ned Guy has other priorities at the moment, that Brodie is in no rush and that contract discussions have been "parked" for the time being.

Otherwise, Brodie's manager is quoted as saying:

“We’ve had clubs enquire already, and you expect them to. They wouldn’t be doing their job if they weren’t making enquiries.

“We’re comfortable sitting down with the Pies at some stage to try and get something done there and if not, then we’ll look at other options."

Fairly much what you'd expect him to say, really.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Grundy wants to stay and it will get sorted. I don’t blame the club for not wanting to go the whole 7 years. It’s a risky move. Richmond has done it twice and it’s paid off for them but if Lynch and/or Dusty have career threatening injuries they are screwed.

I agree that if Coniglio, Lynch, Dusty are worth 7 years then so is Grundy. But the club is doing the right thing

Doug44 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:31 pm

Agree with Deja Vu.

And, people forget he is not an unrestricted free agent next year, he is a restricted free agent.

It's quite clear he wants to stay, so we have the upper hand. If his agent is hell bent on 7 years, we could theoretically match their offer as late as this time next year.

Not ideal, would be much less of a distraction having him signed up before the season starts, which I expect will happen. But it means we don't have to panic.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:34 pm

7 years for who everyone is now saying is the worst ruckman in the AFL? I'm being sarcastic at Sam Mitchell and all the other media "experts' who say he's not that great.

Question our club needs to be asking -- do we want this hanging over our heads next season, a la Travis Cloke? Will he stay or will he go, all year, every week. The newspapers will love it. The players will hate it. It will derail our season.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:03 pm

Relax peeps. It will get done in due course.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:14 pm

I daresay there'll be no commitment until other dominoes are in place. i.e. we may have all of Grundy, Moore and JDG signed at the same time so the 3 contracts are designed to fit with each other without compromising the salary cap.

He wants to stay, we want to keep him, his manager says they'll sit down with us and work it out. It'll get done.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:17 pm

Better get this done because no other players seem to be interested in coming to Collingwood during this trade period.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:37 pm

Cameron says hi. Cool
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:45 pm

This should be worked out in 5 minutes if both parties got off their high horses and met in the middle that being:

5 years at $1.1 million vs 7 years at $1 million

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:52 pm

inxs88 wrote:
This should be worked out in 5 minutes if both parties got off their high horses and met in the middle that being:

What if he's asking for 7 yrs at $1.5 million?

In all seriousness, these contract negotiations are always more complex than we outsiders could possibly imagine.

We have professional negotiators working for us so I'm sure they'll get it done in due course.....perhaps after they've wrapped up contract extensions for JDG, Moore and Stevo.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:55 pm

Look on the brightside: could it end any worse than Franklin's mega-deal with Sydney, lol!
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:35 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

What if he's asking for 7 yrs at $1.5 million?

In all seriousness, these contract negotiations are always more complex than we outsiders could possibly imagine.

We have professional negotiators working for us so I'm sure they'll get it done in due course.....perhaps after they've wrapped up contract extensions for JDG, Moore and Stevo.

That’s generally correct, R B. The big negotiations ( can ) include provision for life after footy. Stuff like after footy employment security, future marketing opportunities all get thrown around in a bid to sweeten the overall package. Trouble is that all his suitors will be doing it too 🙄
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:45 pm

More detail in the Herald Sun.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/brodie-grundy-is-ready-to-sign-at-collingwood-as-soon-as-the-club-offers-him-a-sevenyear-deal/news-story/43058478567592a6807c4ef567371bef

First part of the article is him saying he loves the club, wants to stay, show him the 7 years he'll sign right now, if it doesn't work out it doesn't, it's a negotiation blah blah blah.

Interestingly he also addresses the elephant in the room.

Quote:
Much was made of Grundy’s dominance in the preliminary final loss — as he had more than 70 hitouts — while the Magpies midfielders lost the clearances, which is an issue the ruckman said must be addressed.

“We haven’t reviewed it as a team, but the stats say that I won the hitouts pretty convincingly but we couldn’t convert that into our favour,” he said.

“I have got a big role to play in that. I have got to take ownership of that as well and (we need to) build on that midfield chemistry into 2020.

“I will continue to back myself. I am only 25, and I still think I have got a lot of scope left in my game.

“I think I get a lot of the footy as a ruckman, (but) just an area of my game I need to improve on is probably my disposal efficiency and use under pressure.

“(I’ll) probably continue trying to try and take a few more marks and try and hit the scoreboard a bit more. Probably the midfielders would like a bit more bang for their buck. I get my hands on it a bit, but we probably need to take more of an advantage of that.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20   

Jump to: