Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Geelong are Red hot faves for Flag, and i love it !!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:52 pm
Post subject: Geelong are Red hot faves for Flag, and i love it !!Reply with quote

I love the fact that the all conquering Pussy Casts are now red hot favourites for the Premiership, I love it. Channel 7 had them the other night, after beating an injury ravaged Tigers, not only in the GF, easy, but winning it for sure, nothing surer, Carey an Mcaveney going apeshit over them, al rapt up in the Cats. Well its great, I want them to be red hot with the media, footy scribes, commentators, put all the pressure on them now, for rest of yr. They are so cocky down at Geelong sleepy hollow, getting real arrogant now, and its great. Lets just give them top spot, they cant lose it, two games clear, let em have it, we get second spot, stay under the radar, I love us being rank underdogs, I much prefer it.

Thoughts Question Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to argue with the facts....

Lost one game...by 4 points.....and beaten every other top 8 team they have played.

Unbelievably good team with very few obvious flaws.

They look better than their 2008 team....but I think it'll be a case of Geelong losing the GF rather than someone winning it...like 2008 when bad kicking cost them the flag.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:34 pm

Any injures & it could all go to shit, remember that!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:56 pm

My bad. Wrong thread.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:17 am

What'sinaname wrote:
They look better than their 2008 team

Can't agree with that - their 2008 team had an air of invincibility about them - this team doesn't have that aura. It is their easy draw that will make them seem streets ahead of the competition by the end of home & away - however they'll face some serious opposition in September. They are gettable.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:29 am

They're $3.10.... we're $4. Both pretty 'hot' actually.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:16 pm

Geelong are deservedly the favourites. We are well below them currently and they’ve certainly had our measure in the last couple of encounters.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 pm

not me. ill be happy when they are buried at the bottom of the sea, never to be seen again.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:54 pm

They've had a terrible record in the finals in recent seasons.They'll have to exorcise a few demons if they are to win the big one this year.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:40 pm

1958 was the first time I heard a champion team will beat a team of champions——this was September 1958

We are on our day and we must get to that stage going into finals a champion team

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:59 pm

Heard silly Matty Lloyd say on footy classified, the Cats are one of " the great sides I have ever seen " WTF ???? They beat an injury ravaged tigers, and have so many easy pesy games down at their little shithole ground, but, the finals are a very different ball game, They are injury free too, we aren't, id like to see em if anything happened to Dangermouse, that nasty little bald headed mongrel, and Dawkins, injuries can happen at any time, ask the tigers and us !!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:03 pm

All those Goody Two Shoe,s only way they’ll get injured is if they trip on the bath matt
Certainly won’t happen in a contest

Oohhhh I love being mean

tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:41 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Heard silly Matty Lloyd say on footy classified, the Cats are one of " the great sides I have ever seen " WTF ???? They beat an injury ravaged tigers, and have so many easy pesy games down at their little shithole ground, but, the finals are a very different ball game, They are injury free too, we aren't, id like to see em if anything happened to Dangermouse, that nasty little bald headed mongrel, and Dawkins, injuries can happen at any time, ask the tigers and us !!

That's what I thought too. Hutchy (cats supporter) started it by saying something like "we could be witnessing one of the greatest teams here". Really?? They don't have that dominant aura about them, as Essendon of 2000, Geelong of 2008, and Collingwood of 2011, had. I suspect they'll get a huge shock in finals when they have to play the top 4 sides again. You watch - they'll start arguing their case for home finals (QF + PF) soon, even if it's against Collingwood or Richmond...

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:33 pm

tbaker wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

That's what I thought too. Hutchy (cats supporter) started it by saying something like "we could be witnessing one of the greatest teams here". Really?? They don't have that dominant aura about them, as Essendon of 2000, Geelong of 2008, and Collingwood of 2011, had. I suspect they'll get a huge shock in finals when they have to play the top 4 sides again. You watch - they'll start arguing their case for home finals (QF + PF) soon, even if it's against Collingwood or Richmond...

YES, like remember they played the Dockers down there, in a big Fina, after begging the pissweak AFL, and he dockers actually beat the bastards, down at Geelong, knocked em out, talk bout poetic justice. !! Laughing Laughing

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:38 pm

So they should be favourites, there is nothing about Collingwood's performances this year that would give anyone an expectation they are the team to beat.

Did see an interesting stat how Geelong is on track with every recent premier in the key stats whilst Collingwood is struggling in some.

The biggest one which didn't surprise me at all was we are 9th or something on loose balls inside 50. We have to be the worst crumbing team in history, surely? On Monday Varcoe perfectly crumbed a pack 60m out from goal, yet when the ball hits the deck inside 50, there is no one there! I remember the Sydney game and when the ball hit the ground, Wells was running in the opposite direction!!!

Maybe the Bye is perfectly timed and we'll hit out straps in the 2nd half of the year, but there is a lot of improvement needed before you can seriously call Collingwood the team to beat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: