Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Boycott round

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Im all for a boycott round. It should include TV as thats where the AFL would be influenced the most.

I think then all supporters should make the effort to go and watch local footy. That way you get to watch a game, the AFL miss out on the attendance numbers, the broadcaster misses out on ratings and Local footy gets a big boost.

eureka 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:07 pm

if the boycott is on for the pies dogs match then attendance will be like 22 thousand at marvel if the boycott is not on then say 40 thousand

it will be a pisser if there was like say only 4 thousand turn up
eureka 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:13 pm

what is collingwoods lowest attendence match that you all can remember
eureka 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:17 pm

mine was in 1999 wooden spoon year we played freo at the mcg pies won by I think 1 goal it was the pies first win of 1999 and was round 14 I think in the middle of july was around 8 degrees wet with hale and windy bitterly cold at the mcg attendance was I think approx. 18 thousand if that we were 14 losses before the match and won the freo match does any one remember it was a Saturday or sunday arvo match too in terrible condtions
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:44 pm

It was 26,339 and a Saturday afternoon match, Eureka.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1999/040819990515.html

We had less than that against Fremantle at the MCG just a few years ago – 20,320 on a Friday night in round 14, 2016. Our lowest attendance in the last twenty years (and probably for a good while longer than that) was 8,102 in our first game against GWS, up at the Sydney Showgrounds.

Last edited by David on Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
eureka 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:54 pm

another match was v geelong at Waverley park in I think 1989 or 1988 it was an icy 7 degrees wet hailing and thunderstorm plus extremely windy attendance was around 4 thousand pies won in the scrap muddy match by I think 2 goals it was truelly artic park that Saturday arvo
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:05 pm

Yeah, not sure about, Eureka – the only times we played Geelong at Waverley, attendance never dropped below 26,000 (in 1977). Our lowest attendances against them in that period were at Vic Park (16,852 in 1985) and Kardinia Park (17,659 in 1986). And in case you have the opponent wrong, our lowest attendance ever at Waverley was 15,709 against St. Kilda in 1985. I doubt we've had a crowd anywhere near 4000 since World War 2. I also doubt that any organised "boycott" of this week's game would even be perceptible as such.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:12 pm

I boycott every game at dung pile Docklands. Everyone should tune into state of origin instead of watching AFL, that would truly frighten the crap out of Fuhrer Gillon and his goose stepping security squad!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:53 am

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Great post. Getting as many as possible to stand with their backs to the game at a specified time.
To be honest I’m one fan who is about sick of going, because of the constant bombardment of commercial noise pollution. The private school wankers like McLachlan have just about �$%$ed our game, so we should all go down fighting,,even if we ultimately lose.

I go rarely now, despite having a reserved seat, because I just find the experience watching at home without having to travel and cope with all the bullshit, more enjoyable.

I can sit in comfort, eat and drink what I want with no queues or taking out a 2nd mortgage, have a smoke without having to walk half way to the next suburb and back and I don't have to stand up for 45 minutes on a train to get home.
\\

Yes, u are pretty right there Stui, I know how u feel, like I have only now a four game membership, that does me now, since moving up here to Mt Evelyn few yrs ago, sometimes I dunno, I just cant be bothered to make the long haul into the G, I do love the G, post game, if we win, the taste of victory doughnuts, the Cricketers arms pub, two pots, while the traffic clears, I love all that, but well, maybe im older now, just cant be stuffed making the effort to haul arse in to the ground. As u say, big TV, surround sound, food and drink at home, no exhobitant prices, easy access to the toilet, nice warm fire going, yep, I hear what ur saying, mate. Surprised Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
eureka 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:34 pm

Who’s boycotting the scum dogs game and rooted Roos too both at plastic stadium
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:17 pm

eureka wrote:
Who’s boycotting the scum dogs game and rooted Roos too both at plastic stadium

I'll be boycotting it along with every other game we play at marble stadium. I've also decided not to purchase food or drink anymore from any game I attend at the mcg. I'm not sure how much difference it'll make, but it's my way of giving the afl the bird!

Unfortunately with uni exams I can't contribute much more than that. If I could I would start lobbying the afl, join the aflfa and do what I could to launch a full scale protest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: