Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sier has 13 touches at quarter time. Madgen 9, Daicos and Brown 8 each.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:57 pm

Sier has had 22 touches to half time and a goal.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:59 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

- 4th on the list for centre clearances and 4th on the list for stoppage clearances;
- 7th on the list for inside 50s;
- 13th on the list for goals;
- 5th on the list for goals assists;
- 9th on the list for score involvements

I'd say those there make him reasonably important.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:06 pm

Time to find another hobby.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:10 pm

It's certainly important that he isn't doing particularly well at any of them.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:24 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Tiresome indeed but your right with one fact he's been playing injured
Also Sidey didn't play his entire season in 2018 in the midfield he spilt his time between midfield and wing this season maybe more on the wing for team balance
Beams last season played more as a outside mid not inside but is being asked to play that role,for team balance
Neither are playing the same roles
We can agree to disagree about his future but I'll bet you penny to a pound he will still be in the side come finals time
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:29 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Well I’m just pleased you decided not to get caught up in any further to and fro between them both.
Beams was poor on the weekend but he’s shown over the journey that he’s a long way better than that.
I’m happy to give him the benefit of the doubt until after the bye. The break will serve as a benefit to a lot of our players and I’m prepared to keep my powder dry until Beams ( and a couple others ) come back from the bye round.
kick_long_with_the_wind 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:40 pm
Post subject: annoying to lose, but not a disasterReply with quote

looked like St. Kilda ca. 2010 to me. Who wins kicking 11 goals? Missing Tay Adams inside, also Sier who had an outstanding centre clearance record last year (based on % clearances we won when he was at the centre bounce, not just personal clearances). Moore looked like he hadn't played for 4 weeks, so did JDG who still managed to kick 3. Plenty of upside.

Is there a thread on whether we play Cox and Reid together? I vote yes, and with Checkers.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:48 pm

Cam wrote:
Crisp broke lines and ran all day, ditto Aish, ditto Maynard. They can hold their heads up. With Phillips being sat on, they were our guys who ran and took the game on. Seriously I'm not sure what game some people have been watching.

Lyon plotted our downfall and did with tactics that we failed to counter.
They broke even with us in clearances, centre clearances and stoppages. Given we had Grundy, who had 47 hitouts to Lobbes 13 [probably against Reid] that tells you something that needs to be investigated.

We lost it around the ball, with our setups, their setups, their position and placement of extra players around the stoppages, and between the stoppage and the likely next kicked to contest.

It's too simplistic to think we were beaten on endeavour [although perhaps they had a little more], skill [we weren't] or scoring efficiency [about equal]. It's down to how did they limit our normal style, how did they close down our running space, the small areas of openness that have existed all year for us to run into, handball into and tap into.

This is what Bucks and his team will be analysing this week, not oh Treloar can't kick and Beams and Sidey are not trying, which is oversimplistic bullshit that serves no-one but some supporters trying to place blame on someone or someones for the hurt we all feel when we lose. Dissect it and figure out what was going on and how to defeat it before someone else does it to us.

i know several others have quoted this as well, but I am too because it is a really educational post. Makes alot of sense to me in retrospect. You've just explained why our ball movement looked so pedestrian, and we never seemed to get any brilliant transitions through the centre corridor as we often do. I noticed it during the game, but did not know why.
They constricted us, and as you say, we need to understand what they did and how to counter it.
I thought Crisp didn't play so well, because I recall a few horrible kicks of his straight to the opposition, but clearly I did not recall his efforts and positive actions enough. I will have to rewatch the game again (if I can force myself) to make a better judgment.
You say we were not beaten in skill level, but I do think that the quality of our disposals and handball was down. However, your analysis also explains why our handball was not as effective as usual: their constriction of our space made our handball far less effective.

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:57 pm

Shut up Eureka! We get it, you aren't happy with the performance yesterday!
Seth 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:28 pm

Cam wrote:
Sier has had 22 touches to half time and a goal.

FFS we either play this kid or let another team take him off our hands. He is gonna be a bull midfield player but we knew that last year. Beams out, Sier in.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:46 pm

^ Well this is only his second solid-ish game in a row - he's building up his fitness base.
dollygray 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Long time reader, first time poster....
Just my 20c worth from yesterday - ordinary game, very disappointed.

Will contribute in the weeks to come when in a more complimentary mood.
Right now, still cranky.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:55 pm

i thought both DeGoey and Sidey made two poor errors that led to the late goal.

First, the DeGoey long kick to a contest should have been directed much closer to the boundary. Was a pretty crap effort to be honest.

Then Sidey under pressure needed to bottle it up and instead made a speculative handball to no one in particular, but more importantly pushed the ball away from the contest which allowed it to be swept away.

I'll say nothing about Greenwood standing flatfooted 5 yards behind Waters instead of fronting him. i guess there was a prertty good blocking run made by another forward that confused him, but it was pretty weak.

Langdon would have killed that contest by the way. No way they get that mark if Langdon in playing.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:02 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Wow, how you managed to turn p4s's post is into a Sidey vs Beams spiel is both predictable and beyond comprehension.

Beams, 5 votes Razz

Frankie read it properly mate
It's not Beams v Sidey at all
It's about P4S taking pot shots at Beams yet excusing Sidey for the exactly same errors or lack of output
If he wants to criticise a player fine but do it fairly and criticise all players making the same errors not excusing his favourite players and sinking the boot into ones he dislikes

Dude, i am going to have to call bullsgit on this one. You universally and exclusively criticize Langdon. On your liogic, you are going to have to take many many potshots at our other defenders to avoid being considered a hypocrite here....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12   

Jump to: