Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Playing Sydney in Melbourne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill89 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:56 pm
Post subject: Playing Sydney in MelbourneReply with quote

We have not played them in Melbourne since 2013, the goodes incident.

Is this a request by sydney to never play us in Melbourne again? People like to complain about our draw and that it's an easy run. Not being able to play a side at home 6 years straight is pure corruption.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t understand why people keep complaining about this. We play extremely well in Sydney, and have a 13–6 record against them up there since the turn of the century (with 3 of those losses by a goal or less). In the same period, we’ve played them in Melbourne 9 times for only a 5–4 win–loss record, including a 47-point loss last time we played them at the MCG. Sydney should be begging the AFL to play us down here.
Bill89 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:11 pm

David wrote:
I don’t understand why people keep complaining about this. We play extremely well in Sydney, and have a 13–6 record against them up there since the turn of the century (with 3 of those losses by a goal or less). In the same period, we’ve played them in Melbourne 9 times for only a 5–4 win–loss record, including a 47-point loss last time we played them at the MCG. Sydney should be begging the AFL to play us down here.

Our record there is fantastic but that doesn't take away some clear fixture tampering and if it is done due to virtue signalling that is even more embarrassing.
taff wa 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:39 pm

Play Swans in Sydney but cmon once in like 10 years in Melbourne. If it was other way round the squealing would be deafening. Oh wait we already get the fans saying “Collingwood never travel”.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:43 pm

David wrote:

If you pay for my flights & accommodation in the future than I agree with you
Otherwise
tbaker 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:39 am

David wrote:

The win-loss ratio is not the point. But now that the Swans are in decline they will even it up by giving us home games against the swans in coming years. Sydney has been a consistently strong side this century, and it is unfair that we've had to play them up there all this time - with the AFL even trying to orchestrate wins for Sydney - e.g. scheduling Franklin's 300th against us.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:38 am

^ For all we know it’s an arrangement that the club is perfectly happy with. We’re always going to have to play a set number of interstate games a year, so why not always make one at a ground that we usually play well at?

scoobydoo wrote:
David wrote:

Otherwise

How about this as a deal: you agree with me and sort out your own damn flights. Laughing

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:43 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
Otherwise

Playing Sydney in Melbourne would not alter the number of interstate games we play, and they might even replace the Sydney game with one in Perth if you get your wish - in which case you'd be even further out-of-pocket.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:38 pm

Unless the AFL decide on a longer H&A season, the fixure will always be lop-sided.

They wanted 18 teams, but not add extra games.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:45 pm

Dont fool yourself - Playing syd in syd is about getting decent crowd numbers to the swans home games. As a few have said, our record is good up here so why not up till this point.
But now - they hate us. They hate the club and not just Eddie. You wanna live up here and hear what they say weekly about us.
I say stuff them. If we play them once a year - rotate it between syd and melb. Give them nothing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: