Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies overcome Swans. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
You guess wrong, Dr. Who

I'll take that as a compliment. I *guess* you forgot to compliment me the first time, so you had to edit your post (twice)....thanks

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:04 am

tbaker wrote:
Why don't you attempt to contribute something constructive. Or are you just going to bitch about other posters comments?

I **guess** you missed my post on page 5 while you were busy complaining about the commentary:

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Happy to have won obviously. Difficult game to watch though. Mihocek and Reid's misses were verging on unforgivable. Still a good result with our 9 players missing, and there were many positives...

* Well's cameo (would we have won without him, even though he only played a half?) - what a shame he couldn't finish the game
* Greenwood, his best game ever in B&W?
* Roughhead and Aish performed above expectations
* Grundy surpassed even his usual brilliance - career best?
* Langdon amazing with zero clangers, GA or turnovers...
* Pendlebury evergreen once again and a special goal
* Brown continues his development, great goals
* Mayne, terrific contribution
* Crisp fantastic as usual
* Treloar a ball magnet again, not always great with it but "if he has it, they don't"

The thing that frustrated the ABSOLUTE HELL out of me tonight was our apparent insistence on making Wills our preferred forward target. WTF?? He took 2 marks the whole game and I don't think either were I50. He's not De Goey, what were we doing?? OR was he presenting when nobody else was IDK? Either way he didn't make much of it

EDIT: Also, Aliir nearly single-handedly sunk us! Great game by him, need to find a solution next time

Is that constructive enough for you?

Last edited by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 on Sat May 25, 2019 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:05 am

masoncox wrote:
Well that callum brown is a diamond.
A 200 plus game player.
He tackles extremely well and he kicks goals!!!!

What a joy and privilege to be able to watch another Brown playing for the club. If he, his brother and the Daicos boys can develop into players it will be a fairytale come true.
Nice of the umpire to ignore the whole "you need to bounce the ball" thing for his goal out of the centre. Very Happy
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:53 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
bally12 wrote:
What about Browny's goal on the line. They paid that as "blocking". So you can't shepherd the ball on the goal-line anymore? Not even a replay from CH.7.

Disgusting. Right in front of me. Right, in front, of ME!!! (No, literally it was).

Ahahahahaha, was wondering when this beauty of a quote would surface again!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:59 am

Monco Matt wrote:
Lucky...very lucky. How many times can we push our luck before it runs out? I'm just not sure how good we are. Is grinding out wins the sign of a top side or a good side? I feel like we need to step it up next week and really crush the opposition, I need to see it happen. Can we see our supposed awesome midfield actually dominate because it really hasn't happened yet. Don't know how many more of these fugly, grindy wins I can cope with, my supply of Single Malt is taking a battering this month.

Anyway, tick it off I suppose. Sydney were pretty good it must be said, they just played their Grand Final, like all shit teams do when they come up against us.

To Brodie Grundy....don't ever change! Another dominant performance.

I really don't see how you can call that 'Lucky"? We had,10?/ of our best out and still won.We lost Wells before half time and we had Magden playing. We fumbled,I don't think I've seen Pendles fumble so much,Bumbled and kicked as bad as ever and gutted it out.No Luck there Monco.
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:33 am

And was clearly pushed in the back out of the contest to enable Blakey to mark and goal
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:34 am

Grundy that is.
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:42 am

BT (Wow!!!!!!) has has had the shits with Collingwood since missing out in 1990. Biggest hot air bullshit artist since Hunt.
Wow, BT Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:52 am

tbaker wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Yep, typical. Ch 7 broadcasts of Collingwood games are horrendously biased against us. That goal you mention from Mayne was truly extra-ordinary, something out of this world as far as pure reflexes go, but the commentators eg Brian Taylor hardly raised their excitement level. I truly hope that the club sacks BT from compering the Copeland!!!

The goal from Pendlebury was also truly special, but BT's call of it was just...plain. If it had've been Franklin or Eddie Betts that did it they'd be carrying on about it calling it one of the best goals ever.

Couldn’t believe it. Called it like it was a set shot from point blank range. His earlier comments obviously rattled him.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 12:25 pm

We still haven't beat anyone above us on the ladder. That's a major concern at the moment.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 12:26 pm

I was at the game last night. A few observations:

1. Most of the goals were scored down the one end (Clive Churchill Stand). 16 goals out of 22. There was no wind so no idea why this was the case.

2. We kept wanting to go up the same edge of the ground (past the Brewongle Stand). From kick ins, when rebounding. I'm not sure if this had to do with the quality of the surface but it would have been good to mix it up more.

3. I would love to know the stat for rebound inside 50m to the Swans in the 3rd quarter. Our defence would get it out but it would be turned over near the boundary towards halfway.

4. Levi Greenwood stood out on the night. Looking at the stats her took 11 marks. Next closest was Mayne on 7, then it drops away to Mihochek on 5. On a night when Sam Reid was taking marks and kicking goals Levi stood out for the Pies.

5. And a question... why was Buckley in the dark in the coaches box? Smile

Last edited by stoliboy on Sat May 25, 2019 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 12:27 pm

Also well done to Mayne... to last quarter goals!
Pep 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 12:33 pm

Good win, another 4 points in bank. This win was very much a team win for me, a lot of contributions from players other than our star players.

What was glaringly obvious to me is that we missed the adams/sier type midfielder, the Swans love contested footy and thought we lacked that inside bull type.

If not for Grundy being Grundy the result may of been different. As others have said, our set shot misses are keeping teams in the game, should of been 3-4 goals up at each break.

Hopefully wells can play again this season or finals, showed that he has something to offer.

Maynes scissor kick goal, changed the game in our favour. good game fro him.

Browns was fantastic, as was Aish, Greenwood and Roughead for keeping Franklin and then Reid in the last qtr quiet.

The bye can't come quick enough so we can get some players back, we have a tough 2nd half to the season, we need to have our best team as possible.

Go Pies!!
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 12:51 pm

Great games again from our two best players: Pendles and Grundy.

Thought Pendlebury was best on: 29 touches, 9 tackles, 9 clearances.

Our mids did well, we won more of the ball in the contest and, in the first half at least, were hitting up forward targets. Pendlebury had another amazing game, tackles, clearances, and that goal. Treloar shaded him for our best clearance player with 10.

The defence was a bit disorganised at times with new roles and a new player but mostly got the job done. Roughead and Greenwood were very good and Aish played well also.

Our forward line functioned pretty well. Against a defensive team with numbers back we got enough opportunities, though we could have made more of them. We miss Cox and JDG as marking targets, neither Reid or Wills gave us much of that. Wells showed that he could have had an impact for us this year if his body'd allow him, looked great in a similar role to Ablett.

winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:12 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Amazing.I thought we’re gone so many times tonight.This team just doesn’t give up.It was so ugly,as I predicted,but at least we won.That’s all that matters.

Totally agree. Great effort by the boys to hang tough. The first quarter Sydney were ferocious around the ball. The size of the ground helps that too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: