Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies overcome Swans. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill for Collingwood wrote:
BT (Wow!!!!!!) has has had the shits with Collingwood since missing out in 1990. Biggest hot air bullshit artist since Hunt.
Wow, BT Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

Raw Hammer wrote:
Couldn’t believe it. Called it like it was a set shot from point blank range. His earlier comments obviously rattled him.

doriswilgus wrote:
What is it with Brian Taylor these days?He always seems to be barracking for the other team now.He was so bad last night I almost missed Bruce.

Donny wrote:
All comms do this. Just part of the presentation.

Careful now - according to one, discussing the commentary is not talking about the game - funny, aren't we all just also providing our own commentary by sharing our views on the game and its presentation? And we are making him oh so very sick...

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:03 am

Discussing the commentary isn’t talking about the game. They’re two different things

Good to see you’re not holding a grudge over it

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:20 am

For the 3rd week running I thought we were absolutely gone late in the game. We keep finding a way, just like the hawks used to.. when everyone thought they kept getting the rub of the green.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:03 pm

^^^

Good to see some love for Josh Thomas. He hasn’t been at his 2018 best but he’s still very valuable in a number of areas inside forward 50.
He’s normally very reliable around goals ( Swans was the exception ) but the beauty of those types is that you can be having an ordinary night but still make an impact on the scoreboard.
I have no doubt his role has changed with 6 6 6 and more mid field depth and sometimes it takes a while to adapt to change.
When he no longer has those shots on goal, then I will start worrying.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:14 pm

Not sure if some one noted this but Roughy kept Buddy to his lowest total of pocessions since 2009

Not content with whipping Buddy’s arse they swung him on to the nights best forward Sam Reid and he quietened him down also

Huge pick up for us

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:20 am

All you guys complaining about the subdued commentary on Pendles’ goal need to watch some recordings of the final minutes close games from the 1970s and 1980s – the commentators barely sound interested compared with the antics of modern callers. My theory is that you’ve all been spoiled by Dwayne Russell’s near-permanent hysteria. Razz

Just enjoy the goal for its brilliance and let go of the need for external validation. The commentators are only there to help you follow what’s going on; they’re not the main show. Right?

tbaker 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:30 am

^ I get what you're saying, but good commentators can ensure that a special piece of play gets the accolades it deserves. Think of the great lines that accompany many of the great clips - it is the commentary that makes them sound special. Pendlebury and Maynes' goals were truly special. Yes, us fans enjoy and appreciate the goal, but we're unlikely to see it feature too much on the highlight reels due to the subdued commentary.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:40 am

Ugly scrappy game
We fell into what Sydney wanted us to do
They close down one side of the field and make you go down one wing and they deploy there best players there to make it a contest
There weak players are deployed to the opposite side
Our goal kicking is still a concern but we still find ways to win without JDG Elliott Cox who are 3 of our forward keys
Magden struggled there's a big gulf between afl and VFL and he's finding that out
Overall I would rate our team performance a solid 7 room for loads of improvement but enough good moments and players to win
Funny how Roos in the week leading up on fox calls for Sydney to tag Sidey and they do and it works very well
There's a pattern again like I have said for ages that Sidey can't play with direct one on one pressure and the coaches haven't figured a way to get him into the game when this happens. If we think this isn't going to happen at th business end of the season then we need to check our egos quickly
13 disposals isn't good enough and it effects the teams overall performance
Sidey himself needs to find a way of getting through this as well. For all his great play this leaves a asterix against his name
Can't say I'm surprised my ole mate P4S hasn't mentioned Beams this week for his weekly "he's not good enough to be in the team" or "he's not worth what we paid for him" or "he's a passenger" guess the 22 he had this week must have been enough while the 25 the week before wasn't go figure
Hopefully we get JDG Moore plus Varcoe back this week then Elliott Cox after the bye and set our structure up for the remainder of the season
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:31 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Ugly scrappy game
We fell into what Sydney wanted us to do
They close down one side of the field and make you go down one wing and they deploy there best players there to make it a contest
There weak players are deployed to the opposite side
Our goal kicking is still a concern but we still find ways to win without JDG Elliott Cox who are 3 of our forward keys
Magden struggled there's a big gulf between afl and VFL and he's finding that out
Overall I would rate our team performance a solid 7 room for loads of improvement but enough good moments and players to win
Funny how Roos in the week leading up on fox calls for Sydney to tag Sidey and they do and it works very well
There's a pattern again like I have said for ages that Sidey can't play with direct one on one pressure and the coaches haven't figured a way to get him into the game when this happens. If we think this isn't going to happen at th business end of the season then we need to check our egos quickly
13 disposals isn't good enough and it effects the teams overall performance
Sidey himself needs to find a way of getting through this as well. For all his great play this leaves a asterix against his name
Can't say I'm surprised my ole mate P4S hasn't mentioned Beams this week for his weekly "he's not good enough to be in the team" or "he's not worth what we paid for him" or "he's a passenger" guess the 22 he had this week must have been enough while the 25 the week before wasn't go figure
Hopefully we get JDG Moore plus Varcoe back this week then Elliott Cox after the bye and set our structure up for the remainder of the season

Yep, obviously Sidebottom was quiet but it’s the old story. Sidey has a quiet one and all of a sudden, Clarke is a world beater. We only hear about the odd time Sidey gets knocked off but we don’t hear about the times he throws them off either. If tagging him out of the game is so easy, he wouldn’t have played a couple hundred games.
Pendlebury obliterated their go to stopper ( Hewett ) but nobody even talks about Pendles beating the tag. You only hear about their odd quiet game and automatically we think it’s a players Kryptonite.

Sidey has still had a very good season but he will be even better when Adams, DeGoey and possibly Sier return. Then he can go back to the wing and do what he does best. Run all day and accumulate 30 + at about 80% efficiency.

When he is asked to play in the middle, he is a lot more gettable with a tag than when he is playing as a winger. Also the new 6 6 6 rules will make it even less likely that he gets tagged as a winger because all wingers are required to be proactive and play as an extra defender when it’s in their own backline.
If we ever get our full complement of clearance mids back, Sidey will be more dangerous than ever back on the wing.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:10 pm

^ he gave Beams 2 votes lol. Take everything he says with a grain of salt
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:17 pm

Pies2016 this isn't a one off event
Start with such talented players like Tom Bugg ? Remember that game ? Sidey had it on a string in the first term 12 and kicked a goal. End of gsme 18 touched whilst Bugg had 22 on him
Hutchings also cleaned him up twice last season. When we finally moved him in the last term of the GF he got beaten twice in one on ones by Schofield
Not many sides deploy old fashion taggers any longer but those who do will use one on him because he has a consistent history of getting beaten with a tag
I said the coaches need to find a way to get him back on the game some how when this happens
He also needs to find a way himself
You can't expect to be called a elite player when you can get held to 13 touches by a nobody
We all laugh when Greenwood does it to Selwood but are happy to turn a blind eye when it's reversed
I'm happy he's form has been decent this season (nowhere near as outstanding as last season) but this won't be the last time this happens and we need to be prepared for it was my point
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:45 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
^ he gave Beams 2 votes lol. Take everything he says with a grain of salt

Well, a quick review of the unkind comments about Beams in the "game on" thread (none of them by me, I hasten to add) would indicate that it probably wouldn't have been the best call to give him the 5 votes. Wink

Eg:
lihei wrote:
Beams is watching this game. Get in there!!!!!!!!!!

doriswilgus wrote:
Beams was very poor in the middle then.He just waited for the ball to come to him.

lihei wrote:
Beams giving sweet fa

Pep wrote:
Beams is well off the pace tonight

SteveH67 wrote:
He hasn't been anywhere near the player he was at the Lions and before that with us.

Doc63 wrote:
Pick it up Beams!!!

Think Positive wrote:
Beams has been pretty awful
MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:09 pm

Roughy was huge in this game - keeps standing up and getting better every week as he sticks to just the one position.
This is working out as well as the Leigh Brown pick up

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:00 pm

[quote="MJ23"]Roughy was huge in this game - keeps standing up and getting better every week as he sticks to just the one position.
This is working out as well as the Leigh Brown pick up[/quote
That's a great omen!

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:56 pm

Didn't even show Pendles and Mayne's goals on the Sunday footy show. Pricks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: