Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Police accountability

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:29 am
Post subject: Police accountabilityReply with quote

<Split from the “Who says white supremacists are stupid?” thread.>

think positive wrote:
Someone asked about the spitter? That’s even worse, spreading unwelcome body fluids, disgusting, double sentence.

If a policewoman (or man) can lose control of her emotions just because a handcuffed girl spits at her, without any punishment or even investigation by the police force, what do you think could happen when she's faced with something a little more serious?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because a handcuffed girl spits at her...

Really? Spitting in someone’s face is just about the worst insult, its actually assault. I don’t know what happened, haven’t seen news on it, but what ever the retaliation for it was, whatever. Even if that brought charges, I get it. Itsdegrading, humiliating, vile and disgusting. Cops are human too. They ain’t cyborgs, since the filthy criminal, that’s the person in handcuffs, chose to spit in someone’s face, I don’t have much sympathy.

Even so, I’m not sure what you meant with your question! Who’s reaction you are judging?

By the way, my sister is in the vic police, my grandfather was a bomb disposal expert, my dad was in the RAF and my mum was military police! I don’t have a lot of time for disrespectful arseholes.

K 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:14 am

The wild punch the cop threw is totally unprofessional. She is in a position of authority, even over adults. Her victim is a child, even if some might think she is a disrespectful one. The cop should have been investigated and action should have been taken. (The question was about the cop. If she's in a real criminal situation, for example, not just arresting an unarmed child...)
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:42 am

K wrote:
The wild punch the cop threw is totally unprofessional. She is in a position of authority, even over adults. Her victim is a child, even if some might think she is a disrespectful one. The cop should have been investigated and action should have been taken. (The question was about the cop. If she's in a real criminal situation, for example, not just arresting an unarmed child...)

yes it was unprofessional, but not totally understandable. Yes she did the wrong thing, however do we know what happened in the lead up? footage starts as the girl is already handcuffed. believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

as for the "victim is a child" yep, shes legally a child, look at the footage, shes as tall as the female cop and probably heavier, so dont make it sound like she is 9! Shes old enough to have enough drugs on her to be charged as a drug dealer!

and i really like this bit:

"Witnesses said the teen was pulled to the ground by officers during her arrest. When she was eventually led away, she allegedly spat in the face of a female officer, who appears to retaliate with a right hook.

The girl was charged with trafficking drugs, possessing drugs and assaulting an officer. She is due to face the Children's Court at a later date."

so Shes a child? who is responsible for her criminal behaviour? should we charge her parents? responsibility goes both ways. and your ''some people might think she was disrespectful?'' is it ever not disrespectful to spit in someones face?

and just think, if this "child" didnt get herself arrested, didnt CHOOSE to spit in the policewoman's face, She wouldnt have copped any kind of punch.

absolutely, the cops actions should be investigated, but when did it become acceptable to show so little respect for cops? my children would not dream of treating anyone this way, let alone a police officer.

actions, reactions, responsibility. its why this world is $%$ed

K 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:50 am

But we aren't really endangered by a child smoking a bit of pot. We are endangered when people in authority with power go rogue and bash people.

Students do all sorts of atrocious things. Do you think any teacher could get away with bashing a student like that?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:57 am

I totally agree with you on this, K. WPT has described how he sometimes faces spitting and aggressive behaviour from the people he assesses; do you think he'd still have a job if he responded with a right hook? Do you think it's okay for a husband to punch his wife if she spits in his face? Assault is assault whomever the target is or however severe the provocation. The policewoman here committed an assault and should have been punished for it.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:32 am

i never said it was ok, i said it was understandable. I also said She should be investigated. Maybe read the whole thing.

and she wasnt just smoking a bit of pot, she had enough on her to be charged with trafficking and possession.

The cop didnt go rogue, she simply reacted, yes inappropriately, and it should be investigated, but im not going to condemn the cop on what little you see on that video.

Teachers? oh man dont get me started. the head master that was all over the news for supposedly dragging the kid across the yard - except the kid refused to get up and was sitting on a skateboard! I dont know why anyone would be a teacher these days, or a cop, a doctor, a paramedic, a nurse, or anyone who has to put up with people swearing, spitting, threatening, hitting, and you know what? it happens a lot. And ill be cops get it at least as bad as it gets. And some times they will react inappropriately. not acceptable, but also understandable.

So all you soft hearted people who think that cops etc should be so so much more controlled than every one else, what are YOU going to do to fix it? any suggestions?? maybe you could ask the clown with the egg? maybe ask why that girl thought it was ok to spit in the cops face, and what might have been done to stop her doing that?

I got chucked up against a divi van when i was 15 by a cop, because i didnt want to tell him who i was with, (on a mini bike hurtling down the main street in the wrong direction with the cops behind us with their sirens on, they got me because i jumped off when said bad boy decided going down an underground tunnel was a good idea, i didnt give any cheek i just said i dont know!!) didnt hurt me but scared the crap out of me and I told him what he wanted to know, then they sat me in between them in the front seat and drove me home. I can tell you now there was no way in hell i was going to resist, answer back, and definitely not spit in their faces!! And ill never forget the look on my older sisters face when the car pulled up as long as i live! I was the good kid!!

oh and David, if the guy spits in the womens face, its not ok for her to hit him either. its never ok. and i have never said it was!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:51 pm

It'd be good to fix society, but in the meantime the very reason police exist in the first place is that it's not fixed: there are people who do bad things to other people, and some of them don't behave respectfully to cops, either (that's hardly a new thing, by the way). For police, the expectation must be that, when you take on that role as an officer, you don't abuse your power: instead, you show restraint, only use necessary force and behave professionally. Whether or not wanting to hit someone is "understandable" is entirely beside the point; what's important is that you don't do it.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:24 pm

so easy to point the finger when you have never been in the position yourself.

can anyone honestly say they have never done anything, one thing even, spur of the moment, reacted inappropriately, that they wish they had not done? and i dont believe for a second that person exists. no one knows the full story, no one knows why She snapped, it might have been a lot or a little. still doesnt make it right. id like to hear what She has to say, before i string her up.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:55 pm

No, I'm sure they can't. But a spur-of-the-moment action can range from a nasty comment uttered in the heat of the moment to a lethal gunshot. Whatever the thinking in the moment of the person who does it (and you'd be aware that I'm all for understanding and empathy for people in such cases), there still have to be consequences for actions. And it seems like she's not facing any, which is really the crux of the problem here – not whether she's a person we should have sympathy for or not.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:15 pm

David wrote:
I totally agree with you on this, K. WPT has described how he sometimes faces spitting and aggressive behaviour from the people he assesses; do you think he'd still have a job if he responded with a right hook? Do you think it's okay for a husband to punch his wife if she spits in his face? Assault is assault whomever the target is or however severe the provocation. The policewoman here committed an assault and should have been punished for it.

Funny, happended last night when I did a night shift. A woman with ptsd spat and bit and kicked wjehnasked to wait: talk about entitled. She then walked outside & called 000 police to say she was suicidal. Police wanted to bring her back we said no "book her Danno" they chose not to. She got taken to another ED then they transferred her straight back. We said we'll see you tomorow when you apologise and behave basically. F*cking paramedics telling us we had to admit her! To which I replied you want us to reward bad behaviour (yes we'll put you in charge of policy). Happended 3 times - don't know what happended at the end but she didn't show later that shift.

Good police arrest the people and staff need to press charges.

I'm really firm that staff are not to be assaulted or intimated in any way (nurses especially put up with way too much). This woman wanted to blame her diagnotic label. She didn't want to to wait like anyone else & had just arrived to the ED. The irony was that I was assessing another young woman with a hx of sexual assualt by males also with similar issues, in dostress, suidical but was so nice she was a pleasure to work with. We were swapping stories about pets but also in distress. I could send her home with meds and a team to see her tomorrow as she is relatively isolated.

As for the copper assaulting someone, my youngest was at the hearing (being introduced to judges of the court of appeal - not that specific judge) The copper needs to be stood down. Some coppers like some people are arseholes. Most aren't.

K 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:07 am

think positive wrote:
can anyone honestly say they have never done anything, one thing even, spur of the moment, reacted inappropriately, that they wish they had not done? ...

I can honestly say I've never king-hit a handcuffed child. Or a child not handcuffed. Or a handcuffed adult. Or...
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:43 am

K wrote:
think positive wrote:
can anyone honestly say they have never done anything, one thing even, spur of the moment, reacted inappropriately, that they wish they had not done? ...

I can honestly say I've never king-hit a handcuffed child. Or a child not handcuffed. Or a handcuffed adult. Or...

yep thats whats in the video Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

that comment is an insult to everyone who has ever been truly coward punched, and the reason why political correctness has gone mad.

K 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:35 am

think positive wrote:
... and the reason why political correctness has gone mad.

This has got nothing at all to do with "political correctness".
K 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:06 am

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/victim-of-mistaken-arrest-undergoes-surgery-as-lawyers-called-in-20190512-p51mhp.html

Wonder how much money the police are going to cost the state settling all the lawsuits...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: