Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I was expecting a tough game today but didn't expect to be close on two goals down in the last.

We hung tough and won the game which is a huge bloody relief but Carlton deserve the plaudits given their stone motherless last.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:38 pm

What a fantastic win. Every contest was hard fought to the last seconds, every goal epic in the contest. Couldn't care less about how hard we made it look. It was genuinely tuff because carlton were in for the fight. We won an brilliant hard fought game.
Well done to all the boys. How good is it to win one like that.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:40 pm

I’m exhausted.I felt as if I was playing out there today.It was just so draining to watch.Just glad we got the win in the end.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:41 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Treloar was enormous in that last quarter. He looked to be carrying an injury earlier, so that was a superhuman effort by him. He finished with 16 contested possessions, equal game-high for us with Sidey, but I don't think Treloar was even in the picture at three quarter time. I'll need to look at the stats to see what he actually racked up in the last when the game was on the line but Treloar must have had a dozen touches, at least.

It was a strange games from Adam. He just looked as though he couldn't keep up in the first three quarters. WHE had a similar game, finally turning it on in the last quarter.

Gutsy win, full of merit. Ten minutes to go Carlton had a run on, but we managed to scoot away after that. That takes great belief (perhaps helped by Carlton's doubts about their own ability to run it out??? Very Happy)
E 

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:41 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Treloar was enormous in that last quarter. He looked to be carrying an injury earlier, so that was a superhuman effort by him. He finished with 16 contested possessions, equal game-high for us with Sidey, but I don't think Treloar was even in the picture at three quarter time. I'll need to look at the stats to see what he actually racked up in the last when the game was on the line but Treloar must have had a dozen touches, at least.

It was a strange games from Adam. He just looked as though he couldn't keep up in the first three quarters. WHE had a similar game, finally turning it on in the last quarter.

Gutsy win, full of merit. Ten minutes to go Carlton had a run on, but we managed to scoot away after that. That takes great belief (perhaps helped by Carlton's doubts about their own ability to run it out??? Very Happy)

i told you we'd smash 'em!!!!!

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Pity for Adz that Daidy didn't kick the sealer. He did, however, get to hang onto Brown's ankles as he put us in front for the last time. Nearly as good, eh, Adz? Love your form.

I wish there was a like button here,because I really like this post. Smile
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:43 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I was expecting a tough game today but didn't expect to be close on two goals down in the last.

We hung tough and won the game which is a huge bloody relief but Carlton deserve the plaudits given their stone motherless last.

Well, they certainly deserve to be stone, motherless last - they've worked hard for it and deserve it. How many number 1 draft picks did they have running around for that result? 16 or 17?
E 

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:44 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Check out WHE's last quarter as well by the way. Both were down and both lifted when needed.

Really need to improve our kicking for goal. it was atrocious today.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:44 pm

Career best game from Cal Brown today. Well done young fella.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:45 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Pity for Adz that Daidy didn't kick the sealer. He did, however, get to hang onto Brown's ankles as he put us in front for the last time. Nearly as good, eh, Adz? Love your form.

I wish there was a like button here,because I really like this post. Smile

Me too

Annnnd. He’s gone again!

But a couple of prickle arses changed their tune pretty quick!!

Couldn’t give a rate how ugly it was, after the arm chair ride that 2011 was and the way it finished up I want this team to have to fight and scrap for it, complacency builds contempt!

Go Pies! Cheers 🍻

Last edited by think positive on Sat May 11, 2019 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:46 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
I’m exhausted.I felt as if I was playing out there today.It was just so draining to watch.Just glad we got the win in the end.

Yes, I had to bench myself for a breather when Cripps put them in front. I went outside and stared at the washing (even thought about hanging some of it up) and when I came inside we were seriously struggling. Obviously those couple of minutes on the pine for me did the trick - Carlton barely touched the ball after I came back to watch the end. Wink
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:48 pm

simon tonna wrote:
What a fantastic win. Every contest was hard fought to the last seconds, every goal epic in the contest. Couldn't care less about how hard we made it look. It was genuinely tuff because carlton were in for the fight. We won an brilliant hard fought game.
Well done to all the boys. How good is it to win one like that.

Good on ya simon!!! We could have easily let that slip if we were made of lesser stuff. It was a really fantastic effort.

I am so over members who get on the game thread and rubbish our team. Apparently they expect our players to be machines and for all other teams to be totally hopeless. Rolling Eyes It's so refreshing to read a post like yours which shows appreciation for what our team can do.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:49 pm

With 7 min left we were 10pts down —oh dear I’ll get ready for pub

Next check we had got in front to win by 19pts

10+19 that’s 29 points in 7 minutes

Phew !!!!

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:51 pm

E wrote:

Check out WHE's last quarter as well by the way. Both were down and both lifted when needed.

Thanks for endorsing what I said above E Wink
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:51 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Yes, I had to bench myself for a breather when Cripps put them in front. I went outside and stared at the washing (even thought about hanging some of it up) and when I came inside we were seriously struggling. Obviously those couple of minutes on the pine for me did the trick - Carlton barely touched the ball after I came back to watch the end. Wink

Did you at least put it in the dryer??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11   

Jump to: