Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
Rupert's 51% game time for a non injured midfielder has to be close to a record low.

Doesn't bode well for him getting a second shot at it. The only reason for him to play so few minutes is that he was hurting our setup, surely.

That’s an interesting point. He played on Cripps for the entire first qtr and Cripps didn’t get one clearance. I hardly remember seeing Wills on the ground for most of the second and third when Cripps ran riot while pendlebury had the arm across his guts at the stoppages.
In the last qtr both Pendlebury and Wills shared being responsible for him and he still did some damage.
It’s hard to get decent mid field numbers if you spend half the game on the bench and then have to chase a player around when you are on the ground anyway.
It will be interesting to see how the coach views his contribution at this weeks selection meeting.
eureka 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Need to improve centre clearance again and prevent the opposition to kick easy goals were where we struggled yesterday
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:38 pm

Nothing more satisfying than breaking the scum when they think had it won. Well done to Jack Crisp he smashed the Lygon Street Losers all day and Callum Brown showing how good he will become. The fact that we won ugly will only allow us to grow, good signs.

www.facebook/the hybernators
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:54 pm

A good win against a side desperate to atone for last week's drubbing. Make no mistake, Carlton are a different team with Kreuzer in their side. They have been very competitive in all games he has played this year. Our midfield was down for 3/4s, missing the grunt of Adams and the smarts of Beams.

Great teams know how to win, even on 'off' days. Phillips nearly lost, but ultimately won, us the game. That was possibly his best game ever for us.

I haven't seen the game on TV yet, but at the ground I saw Treloar buckled over in pain in the first quarter after a deliberate strike from a Carlton player. After that, he seemed to be laboured until finding his rhythm again in the last quarter. WHE, one of our most talented players, has been relatively quiet all year, and had only one disposal at half time! However he stormed home with 10 in the last quarter and was a major reason we ultimately won the game. I'm not sure if he is still recovering from his pre-season surgery, but we can't afford to have him going missing for such long periods. Hopefully, he'll slowly find some consistent form as he his a genuine X-factor player.

Grundy is a gladiator.

Bad luck to Mayne, getting badly concussed after returning from a few weeks on the sideline. Looking forward to getting Cox and Beams back next week.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:04 pm

BazBoy wrote:
De Goey at 188 cm and 91 kg is so frinkin strong and very hard to body him off the ball

The scum captain at 195 & 92 very simalar

While watching the game BazBoy, I was thinking just the same thing - both JDG and Cripps are bulls!! It was also great to watch two superb athletes in Moore and Curnow fully testing each other out.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:16 pm

Great timing for Grundy to bob up with 2 goals, after only managing 1.3 in the previous rounds. A deserved (and unanimous) GBM winner this week
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:20 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
A good win against a side desperate to atone for last week's drubbing. Make no mistake, Carlton are a different team with Kreuzer in their side. They have been very competitive in all games he has played this year. .

Yep, there was a stat shown on Fox to demonstrate the differential when Kreuzer was playing and not. It was huge swing to Carlton's favour when he's in the side. Grundy did a great job yesterday to clearly win the battle of the rucks.

RudeBoy wrote:
I haven't seen the game on TV yet, but at the ground I saw Treloar buckled over in pain in the first quarter after a deliberate strike from a Carlton player. After that, he seemed to be laboured until finding his rhythm again in the last quarter.

Aaah, so that explains it. Actually, I vaguely remember that on the telecast, but because he continued on with the game, I thought he must've been okay.

RudeBoy wrote:
Bad luck to Mayne, getting badly concussed after returning from a few weeks on the sideline.

He's not having a good run at it at all and he was really having a go before he got concussed, thanks (not!) to Sidey!!
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Chris started like he’d not missed a game and given the path and its hurdles
he endured i felt sorry for him

I would if he is right put Cox in immediately for Reid (no slur on Ben)

Wills did not for mine earn another crack—but that means Cox + two others

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:38 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
A good win against a side desperate to atone for last week's drubbing. Make no mistake, Carlton are a different team with Kreuzer in their side. They have been very competitive in all games he has played this year. Our midfield was down for 3/4s, missing the grunt of Adams and the smarts of Beams.

Great teams know how to win, even on 'off' days. Phillips nearly lost, but ultimately won, us the game. That was possibly his best game ever for us.

I haven't seen the game on TV yet, but at the ground I saw Treloar buckled over in pain in the first quarter after a deliberate strike from a Carlton player. After that, he seemed to be laboured until finding his rhythm again in the last quarter. WHE, one of our most talented players, has been relatively quiet all year, and had only one disposal at half time! However he stormed home with 10 in the last quarter and was a major reason we ultimately won the game. I'm not sure if he is still recovering from his pre-season surgery, but we can't afford to have him going missing for such long periods. Hopefully, he'll slowly find some consistent form as he his a genuine X-factor player.

Grundy is a gladiator.

Bad luck to Mayne, getting badly concussed after returning from a few weeks on the sideline. Looking forward to getting Cox and Beams back next week.

Because WHE is an exquisitely talented footballer, he was able to come straight into the side with virtually no training to speak of. He's going at half rat-power, at the moment, but will build as the season goes and he gets fitter. We may not win the premiership with him fit and in the team but we certainly won't win it without him.
Larabee 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:39 pm

Great ugly win by Pies. Credit to the Scum. They really put in but lack of class showed in the end.
VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:13 pm

Anyone got a link to a free replay/download of the last quarter?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:19 pm

It’s on AFL live if you have it courtesy of Telstra
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:26 pm

A win I wanted plus a % boost to get distance from next on ladder
But Hawks are doing that for us

BT is saying the score now 63 hawks. 29 GWS means 8% drop plus the 4 points

Last edited by BazBoy on Sun May 12, 2019 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:26 pm

BazBoy wrote:
It’s on AFL live if you have it courtesy of Telstra

Thanks but I don’t have Telstra

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:28 pm

Fox 504 is what Telstra has acsess to
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: