Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
Rupert's 51% game time for a non injured midfielder has to be close to a record low.

Doesn't bode well for him getting a second shot at it. The only reason for him to play so few minutes is that he was hurting our setup, surely.

Yes, it is. That's why I commented on it, while the game was still being played. Especially so, given that he's a mid and we were down one rotation (and, at one stage, down 2 when Thomas was in the rooms). It seemed to be not so much a vote of no confidence as a vote of complete disinterest.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:07 am

BEAMER09 wrote:
They were up for it cause of McGuire and his silly comments early in the week

How many goals would we have won by if he hadn't said they should hire the most successful coach in the comp?

winpies wrote:
Reid needs to have more impact on the scoreboard but as long as he makes a contest I think he keeps his spot

I beg to differ with the latter part of your comment. Cox back in as soon as he's fit

Last edited by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 on Sun May 12, 2019 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:13 am

We missed Varcoe's speed and chasing today. He brings something unique to our team, even if he doesn't get high possessions.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:44 am

Great sides win tight games and we ARE a great side
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:00 am

Great come from behind win, honestly thought we were screwed with 10 minutes to go. I thought we allowed Carlton to play to their strengths and our game plan broke down, got nutted in the centre clearances as usual, something we really need to address and will cost us big time against decent teams. Ditto set shot goal kicking. Interesting fact about Wills game time, sitting in the stands it was like he wasn't playing until the last quarter. It was my Richmong supporting wife's first time going to the footy and to watch her smug grin when she thought that the scum were going to win completely evaporate in the last seven minutes, along with all the bluescum baggers around me was the perfect end to a pretty ordinary performance. Cop that 79 team, hope you enjoyed that, now go back to tanking and irrelevance!
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:31 am

De Goey at 188 cm and 91 kg is so frinkin strong and very hard to body him off the ball

The scum captain at 195 & 92 very simalar

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:48 am

we played 10 mins of good footy and won. It was their GF also wills should be dropped he is good at vfl level nothing more
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:53 am

Great to tough it out and win coming from behind. Real character building game for us, despite not being at our best.

Haven't watched the replay yet, but my observations at the ground was that when we dominated we just didn't put it on the board (except for that glorious last 10 minutes). Conversely when they had the chance, they seemed to score much more easily.

The lopsided free kick count and the false hope Blues supporters had towards the end, just made the victory sweeter.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:57 am

I was expecting that the game would be played out the way it did. They were always going to come out firing as they seem to do when they play us. Add to it Kim Jong Ed's comments and a 79 wankfest and it's there's for the taking, if we're not up to it; and for most of the game, we weren't up to it. We were very flat footed and lackluster - only coming good in the last 10 mins or so of the last quarter to win it. Our pace wasn't there nor our ability to run and carry and to take the game on. Our forward line looked dysfunctional at times while our mids struggled with clearances and reading Grundy's taps. We looked slow to match up and create space and relied on going down the line quite a bit. Set shot kicking needs to improve because it's a momentum killer when we miss. It was almost like we rolled out of bed and just expected it to happen.

What the win did show was our ability to show resilience under pressure and remain composed when the game was on the line. I'd prefer winning more comfortably than that but a wins a win and you take what you can get. There's room for improvement but some good signs nonetheless.

Grundy is a machine. Pendles and Sidebottom as well. Love Crisp and Maynard taking the game on. Moore and Howe were pretty good down back. Brown seems to be getting better each week and has very good evasive skills, just need to work on goal kicking. Rotating JDG in and out of the midfield is a great idea because he's a ball winner and only knows one way - forward. If his goal kicking improved then he'd be elite. This is the one thing holding him back. WHE keeps improving. Phillips was really good in the second half.

We lacked midfield pressure having Adams and Beams missing. I know it was only Wills' first game but we can't rely on our players only playing 51% of the game. It puts too much pressure on the rest of the team to perform and pick up the slack. People want Sier back but he's another one who can only play half a game. It's not something we can rely on. I think Reid had an off day. Langdon looked out of sorts too.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:58 am

How often have we been in Carlton's shoes? Only to have victory snatched from our hands in the last 10 minutes by Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney, et al. This was a real show of our maturity.

Re: Wills. For a bloke that's been in the system for quite a while now, he doesn't look like he hits the weights very often. He's a big kid but looks like he's only had one pre-season. That's disappointing.

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sun May 12, 2019 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
eureka 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:58 am

What was the free kick count
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:01 am

24-8 our way.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:07 am

anyone involved in the punch ups?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:21 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
Great to tough it out and win coming from behind. Real character building game for us, despite not being at our best.

Haven't watched the replay yet, but my observations at the ground was that when we dominated we just didn't put it on the board (except for that glorious last 10 minutes). Conversely when they had the chance, they seemed to score much more easily.

The lopsided free kick count and the false hope Blues supporters had towards the end, just made the victory sweeter.

Yes, Howe and Greenwood impersonated human sieves down back.

It is, of course, all Langdon's fault.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:34 pm

I thought Howe and Greenwood were pretty good yesterday. Not great, but more than passable. And I'm a Langdon fan in general, but he was pretty terrible yesterday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: