Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Port. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No shocks with the changes.

Will be interesting to see how Elliott fits back into the forward line with WHE now back in the side.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:17 pm

Yeah, I am looking forward to this as well. PA has massive issues in defence with the quality of our forwards. With so many potential targets in our F50 we need to ensure that our disposal into F50 is accurate and well planned.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:24 am

It's all going to be about winning enough ball and getting it in space. Especially without Cox we can't afford to be bombing the ball forward. Get closer to goal and hit players up and the Power (or any team) will have great difficulty stopping our forwards.

Clearances will obviously need to be better than last week. The Power are easily league best in this area. Whereas we were number 1 last year but have fallen to 11th this season (to be fair the Bombers game is a big part of that). It's the one major issue with our game so far. When it's working we look great (Q1 against Bombers), when it's not we have an uphill struggle (most of the rest of ANZAC day). The good news is that we've been able to hold up even when losing clearances. Our defence is performing well and we are initiating scores from the back half. So it's not killing us, but we have another level to go to if we can get this right.

If Cox were playing I'd have given consideration to dropping Roughead for this game based on matchups. The Power like ground ball in their 50 and try to avoid high bombs and that's not Jordan's go. Playing an Aish may have been better, or a Quaynor when he was not available. As it is we need Roughead as a ruck option and I don't think we would have made a change anyway.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:34 am

No Tom Jonas or Robbie Gray is good for us. I reckon Howe was good last week , But Moore or " Bull" Maynard shoudl do the kick ins.

www.facebook/the hybernators
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:39 am

^^Easily Howe's best game of the year last week. In our top 3 for mine. Had an interrupted pre season but hitting his straps now.
think better 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:07 am

Crazypie wrote:
think better wrote:
Pretty sensible changes

I agree with LaurieHolden - Westhoff is unique sort of player, very much the barometer of the Power I reckon, when he fires they play well, when he flops the tend to lose.

Not sure of Moore should go to a wing to mark him though. Not sure who else would get him.

Mayne would of been perfect...

Yeah I was thinking about him- Phillips might get the job, Westhoff has a big tank and at least Phillips would keep up with him (and probably run past him)

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:20 am

AFL picks for round 7 the media has 17 media bods select their winners

All 17 picked us ranging from a low 4 point win to a high 28 point win

Not sure I like being outright favourite

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:18 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Easily Howe's best game of the year last week. In our top 3 for mine. Had an interrupted pre season but hitting his straps now.

Did you think? I thought Stringer and Baguley slaughtered him, one on one (which I wasn't expecting to see).
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:45 am

I really like the forward line balance this week, no Cox i feel makes us more unpredictable, it will also force the players going forward to pick targets better rather then just bombing to cox which was starting to become a habit and one i didn't like. More space for the likes of De Goey and Elliott et.al.

The key will be our mid-field which to date has been fairly poor aside from individual brilliant ah la Penlebury last week.

I suppose like others I am not looking for a Harlem globetrotters game. just to start to string four quarters of solid effort together.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:36 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Did you think? I thought Stringer and Baguley slaughtered him, one on one (which I wasn't expecting to see).

I don't know about "slaughtered" but Stringer-bell played a very good game. Howe is nowhere near his best of last year in my view.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:42 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

I don't know about "slaughtered" but Stringer-bell played a very good game. Howe is nowhere near his best of last year in my view.

Bit tough on Howe. The bombers moved the ball quickly after quarter time but our structures still forced Stringer wide most of the day. I reckon Howe did a good job to keep him boundary side after qtr time.
What Stringer did well, was kick very straight from tight angles. From that side of it, he kept them in the hunt but considering Essendons ball movement, I thought Howe Crisp and Langdon held them up pretty well.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:50 pm

Essendon had three goal kickers last week (four of you count that pathetic ‘in the back’ against Grundy to the child of the corn.

Our defence is killing it this year.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:53 pm

How much of “killing it “ is having a mobile tall and a solid experienced tall
in the team

uncanny 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:57 pm

Pies to win by 21 points
Should be a good contest.
Their new chums look good but we should be able to keep them on a short leash.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 4:11 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Essendon had three goal kickers last week (four of you count that pathetic ‘in the back’ against Grundy to the child of the corn.

Our defence is killing it this year.

“ child of the corn “ 😂😂
I had him as “ Ken doll “ but child of the corn gets the nod.
Seriously, what was Guelfi thinking ?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12   

Jump to: