Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

"Shame on anyone that booed a champion."

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard some Essendon flogs pointing to Pendlebury high contact free in the last quarter.,,

What am I missing???
He bent down put his head over the ball
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:28 pm

A couple of weeks ago a lady behind us was booting.
She reminded me of this scene from The Princess Bride...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74GdZs2Ilk4

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:59 pm

Some point missing, here.

This is NOT about fans booing or not booing, as Rudey and others have suggested.

It was clearly about it being directed at one of the most respected and fairest players in the comp. Those doubting this should watch the replay of the presentation.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:04 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
David wrote:
Is there a link to Whateley's response...?

David, go to AFL360 videos at https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/afl/afl-360

Barrett: "Essendon supporters' post-match booing on Anzac Day was pathetic. And selfish."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-26/barrett-many-forms-of-booing-but-essendons-was-pathetic-and-selfish
K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:07 pm

The timing of the booing was weird. It started not after his name was announced, not as he started speaking, but after he thanked the crowd...
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:24 pm

I listened to Kane Kornes this morning, and he asked dons fans who were there, just why did they boo, Pendles. Most of them rang in and said it had nothing to do with Pendles, it was the umpires. However, one dickhead rang in, and said, it was cos Pendles milked a free kick, he milked a free,i guess he means that cost his vile mob the game. Just a moron, sigh.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:41 pm

I thought the Essendon fans were booing because they(mistakenly) believed that a free kick that wasn’t paid to them for holding the ball cost them the game.It’s ridiculous anyway,because the ball was deep in our forward line and there was no guarantee at all that they would score a goal from it.

There’s a time and a place for booing,but not when the Anzac day medal was being presented.All this talk about what about this,what about that,what about the umpires....blah blah blah....Collingwood supporters would have done the same thing is just a complete distraction.It’s blame shifting and making apologies for appalling behaviour from one group of supporters.

Essendon supporters should just grow up,admit they made a mistake and move on,instead of making lame excuses for what they did.And by the way I would have said the same thing if Collingwood supporters had done exactly the same thing.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:11 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I listened to Kane Kornes this morning, and he asked dons fans who were there, just why did they boo, Pendles. Most of them rang in and said it had nothing to do with Pendles, it was the umpires. However, one dickhead rang in, and said, it was cos Pendles milked a free kick, he milked a free,i guess he means that cost his vile mob the game. Just a moron, sigh.

I was initially mortified, but with time, I realised that my annoyance was that they were booing Pendles more than being offended by booing in general.

I now don't have any issues with booing, whether it be for the umpires or because Pendles was awarded a dodgy free (or two) for ducking.

I am positive that if the roles were reversed and, say Selwood was collecting the medal after ducking and winning multiple frees, Collingwood supporters would have booed too.

As you said in the post game, winners are grinner....and everyone else can go and get stuffed.

For me, let the booing continuing. If we remove the passion of the fans (which is what Gil McF*ckland wants), then our game becomes a TV sport like NRL.

Boo and boo loudly!!!!

Hashtag savetheboo
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:20 pm

Donny wrote:

This is NOT about fans booing or not booing, as Rudey and others have suggested.

It was clearly about it being directed at one of the most respected and fairest players in the comp. Those doubting this should watch the replay of the presentation.

Yes Donny. This is what got to me too. No way did Pendles deserve such a reception.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:28 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
I thought the Essendon fans were booing because they(mistakenly) believed that a free kick that wasn’t paid to them for holding the ball cost them the game.It’s ridiculous anyway,because the ball was deep in our forward line and there was no guarantee at all that they would score a goal from it.

There’s a time and a place for booing,but not when the Anzac day medal was being presented.All this talk about what about this,what about that,what about the umpires....blah blah blah....Collingwood supporters would have done the same thing is just a complete distraction.It’s blame shifting and making apologies for appalling behaviour from one group of supporters.

Essendon supporters should just grow up,admit they made a mistake and move on,instead of making lame excuses for what they did.And by the way I would have said the same thing if Collingwood supporters had done exactly the same thing.

Absolutely brilliant post Doris. Thank you.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:33 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

I am positive that if the roles were reversed and, say Selwood was collecting the medal after ducking and winning multiple frees, Collingwood supporters would have booed too.

Yep, probably and I would've been mortified and ashamed of them too.

Surprisingly, I think Eddie is taking the right tack through this, saying let's cheer the best players, regardless of their jumper and drop the booing, except for the umpires!!!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:33 pm

Ironic that Essendon are crying about the umpiring when I can recall them scoring three goals from poor umpiring decisions/non-decisions.

1). In the second quarter, Guelfi was paid in the back after Grundy tackled him. Turns out Grundy didn't get him in the back during the tackle. Even the commentators thought it was a poor decision.

2). In the last quarter, Langdon and Baguley are in a fair one on one contest and Langdon is unfairly penalised, leading to an easy goal for Baguley from a free kick.

3). Joe Daniher's final quarter snap goal was courtesy of a pass (throw) by McDonald-Tipwugwuti. The umpires completely overlooked it and missed the throw.

The umpiring was poor for both clubs. We were lucky to get away with a few non-HTB decisions, but we would have been penalised mostly in our attacking 50 rather than in our defensive 50. Even if all the non-decisions were paid, they wouldn't have led to direct goals to Essendon.

If anything, Essendon supporters should be upset with their star recruit, Dylan Shiel who did more than enough to damage Essendon's prospects of winning the match with his constant turnovers.

We deserved to win. The margin flattered the Bombers early when we were dominating most of the first half. We struggled after that, but we would have been hard done by to lose a match that we were winning for the whole day.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:36 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
I was initially mortified, but with time, I realised that my annoyance was that they were booing Pendles more than being offended by booing in general.

I now don't have any issues with booing, whether it be for the umpires or because Pendles was awarded a dodgy free (or two) for ducking.

As you said in the post game, winners are grinner....and everyone else can go and get stuffed.

For me, let the booing continuing. If we remove the passion of the fans (which is what Gil McF*ckland wants), then our game becomes a TV sport like NRL.

Boo and boo loudly!!!!

Hashtag savetheboo

I agree with this. I was pissed off with the booing of our captain, but I think that was the tribalistic instincts of footy taking over rather than demanding a league wide ban on booing to be enforced for future matches.

The timing of the booing was inappropriate, but seeing Essendon supporters cry about the result makes the victory only more sweeter. I think the events of yesterday only intensifies the rivalry for the next match against them, which should be fun.

Winners are grinners, losers can please themselves.

Last edited by Jezza on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:42 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Donny wrote:

Yes Donny. This is what got to me too. No way did Pendles deserve such a reception.

me three,

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:47 pm

Jezza wrote:
Ironic that Essendon are crying about the umpiring when I can recall them scoring three goals from poor umpiring decisions/non-decisions.

1). In the second quarter, Guelfi was paid in the back after Grundy tackled him. Turns out Grundy didn't get him in the back during the tackle. Even the commentators thought it was a poor decision.

2). In the last quarter, Langdon and Baguley are in a fair one on one contest and Langdon is unfairly penalised, leading to an easy goal for Baguley from a free kick.

3). Joe Daniher's final quarter snap goal was courtesy of a pass (throw) by McDonald-Tipwugwuti. The umpires completely overlooked it and missed the throw.

The umpiring was poor for both clubs. We were lucky to get away with a few non-HTB decisions, but we would have been penalised mostly in our attacking 50 rather than in our defensive 50. Even if all the non-decisions were paid, they wouldn't have led to direct goals to Essendon.

If anything, Essendon supporters should be upset with their star recruit, Dylan Shiel who did more than enough to damage Essendon's prospects of winning the match with his constant turnovers.

We deserved to win. The margin flattered the Bombers early when we were dominating most of the first half. We struggled after that, but we would have been hard done by to lose a match that we were winning for the whole day.
thats how i saw it too, cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13   

Jump to: