Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Bombers . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

A Magical win, nothing better than leading all day Pendles was amazing and our back line fought hard all day, Very Proud of em.

www.facebook/the hybernators
tbaker 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:39 am

simon tonna wrote:
you and I watch a different game. I give credit where credit is due and Sidebottom is scrapping the bottom of the barrel for any accolades.

And what of Sidebottom's tremendous bump on Zaharakis as he was about to swoop on the ball in their last gasp chance in the middle of the ground with a few seconds remaining?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:47 am

^ Sidebottom has always been judged against a mythical higher standard. If he doesn't lead like Buckley, kick goals like Daicos, run through packs like Scotty Burns, tackle like Mick Gayfer, mark like John Greening, run like Ricky Barham and have 35 disposals at 97% DE in each game, some maniacs think he will be battling to hold down his place. It's quite incredible, really. He's a victim of his own brilliance.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:56 am

tbaker wrote:
And what of Sidebottom's tremendous bump on Zaharakis as he was about to swoop on the ball in their last gasp chance in the middle of the ground with a few seconds remaining?

This is when I yelled out “not this time, squib!”

I laughed my bloody head off!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:11 am

K wrote:
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2019-04-25/highlights-anzac-day-last-2-mins

Treloar's kick to Greenwood is awful!!

Err... not Treloar. It was Crisp's awful kick.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:56 am

tbaker wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
you and I watch a different game. I give credit where credit is due and Sidebottom is scrapping the bottom of the barrel for any accolades.

the positives don't out weigh the negatives with side bottoms game yesterday ,or this season so far.
take of your rose coloured glasses, stop being bias, and see if Sidebottom can turn around his form for the better.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:16 am

simon tonna wrote:
tbaker wrote:
simon tonna wrote:

the positives don't out weigh the negatives with side bottoms game yesterday ,or this season so far.
take of your rose coloured glasses, stop being bias, and see if Sidebottom can turn around his form for the better.

You take off your blinkers! Sidey was brilliant yesterday! He attacked all day, I really don’t get these comments about him!

mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:45 am

ANNODAM wrote:
Pie-For-Life wrote:
Booing by Essendon supporters just appalling, Great words from Bucks to out them

They boo Pendles who hasn't put a foot wrong his whole career yet they stuck by Hird, absolute wankers!

I let a few of them have it at the ground don't you worry, they left with their tails between their legs!

I'll actually give you credit for this comment.As my brothers father in law used to say,"Even blind chooks can find wheat"!!
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:49 am

simon tonna wrote:
tom Langdon was good all match

Tom Langdon is good!!Full stop!!
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:04 am

A tight hard fought win and at times all players had their bit that made a difference—collectively we won the fight
That said when they sit down to pick a side to take on Port at Marvel and all pull up fine and injury free will we see the side changed

Today I felt Callum took a further step and will stay but if Jamie Elliott is ready
who comes out

That game at Windy Hill and Wells getting thru does a Josh out and Daniel in

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:58 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ Sidebottom has always been judged against a mythical higher standard. If he doesn't lead like Buckley, kick goals like Daicos, run through packs like Scotty Burns, tackle like Mick Gayfer, mark like John Greening, run like Ricky Barham and have 35 disposals at 97% DE in each game, some maniacs think he will be battling to hold down his place. It's quite incredible, really. He's a victim of his own brilliance.

I think what people are missing about Sidebottom is that he strives to make the difficult look easy. When it comes off he looks like a genius, when it doesn’t he looks like goose. Add to that he doing it 40-50 times a game so there’s plenty of opportunity for people to criticise him for the negative things they see while others will home in on his brilliance. Nature of people who program themselves to think a certain way about certain players and then self justify whenever they see the evidence they want to see. Sidebottom could alter the way he plays by playing the averages but then he wouldn’t be the player that so many of us admire.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:05 am

^

I listen to the commentary on the radio while I'm at the game.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:48 am

Winning ugly is just as important as winning pretty. To hang on yesterday and get the four points was a great sign for our character. This side has the right stuff to go all the way this year.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:34 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I think what people are missing about Sidebottom is that he strives to make the difficult look easy. When it comes off he looks like a genius, when it doesn’t he looks like goose. Add to that he doing it 40-50 times a game so there’s plenty of opportunity for people to criticise him for the negative things they see while others will home in on his brilliance. Nature of people who program themselves to think a certain way about certain players and then self justify whenever they see the evidence they want to see. Sidebottom could alter the way he plays by playing the averages but then he wouldn’t be the player that so many of us admire.

Sounds about right to me. If you want a fair appraisal of a player, ask an “ intelligent “ opposition supporter. You will be hard pressed to find an opposition supporter who doesn’t rate him very very highly.
Some will say but Collingwood supporters see more of him than the opposition do but I tend to say there are none more blind than those who choose not to see.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:58 am

Late in the 2nd quarter we are 33 points up and looking sensational. We are strangling the Bombers run and carry game, creating stoppages and getting the ball inside 50 quickly with purpose and generally controlling the game looking the far superior side, I was eyeing off a 50 point win at this point and why not? We are the dominant team and playing that way and the scoreboard reflected that. Then what TF happened?

The Dons go bang, bang, bang from out of nowhere, with a fluke wobbling bomb after the half time siren and all of a sudden it is 15 points, we have no momentum and the oppositions confidence hits the roof.

Just goes to show that you only have to drift off to slumberland for a brief period of time and a team that is better than you expect can put you to the sword and undo all your great work. Add a sprinkling of hubris and a little disrespect for the bombers ability to grind their way back into a contest and the perfect brew for another 2nd half 'go into your shells and hang on' performance takes hold. This time, unlike the GF we were able to hang on, but is hanging on really the way we want to win high stakes pressure games like these?

I'll give the bombers a lot of credit here, they really worked us over hard, their pressure was immense, greater than I have ever seen it to be honest. They are more than just a run and gun team now. Did we expect that from them, I doubt it and it nearly lost us the game. In the end I'm thankful for squeezing out with the 4 points but we are not streets ahead of the competition, every game like this give our opponents more ways to beat us.

MONCO: Your life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16   

Jump to: