Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bucks on 360 last night

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:47 pm
Post subject: Bucks on 360 last nightReply with quote

Was intriguing to watch....I didn't realise he hasn't read a footy paper or watched shows since mid 2017.

And flogs like robbo in the media can't be reasoned with so he decided to stop wasting time debating his shit stories.

Bucks is a AFL nut....so must of been very hard for him to give up that lifestyle....and looks like Collingwood has benefited from it!
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers W W
I no longer watch the show because of that vile imposter, Slobbo.
Now you have given the heads up, I will record it

Quick Slobbo story. Does anyone remember the brilliant Damian Barrett retort when Robinson was first chosen to replace Mike Sheahan as the chief football writer for the Herald Sun
Barrett said and I quote “ that’s like replacing Sinatra with a karaoke singer “

Enough said
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:25 pm

"Brilliant Damian Barrett"??????

He must have improved then, because when he trying to make a name for himself eight or so years ago eg as the reporter for the Footy Show, he sensationalized every snippet he could get his hands on!!

One little episode that completely turned me off him was dramatically flying to Perth to interview Leon Davis and trying his utmost to get Leon to say he left Collingwood because Bucks took over from MM. Although he skirted around it, to his credit Leon never stated that was the reason for his leaving. Barrett looked like an idiot. Have never listened or watched him after that.

My consumption of footy shows these days is limited to Monday night on Fox Footy followed by Footy Classified on Nine. I figure that gives me a fairly broad range of different opinions on the major events of the previous round, certainly enough to keep me going for the week!! Although it doesn't completely remove all annoyance towards footy reporters/commentators, it's such a small dose from what's on offer these days, that it helps me to keep a perspective on it all.

I also listen to Gerard interviewing Bucks on SEN and Swanny's podcast, which I find simply hilarious and which always make me laugh!! Smile
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:56 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
"Brilliant Damian Barrett"??????

He must have improved then, because when he trying to make a name for himself eight or so years ago eg as the reporter for the Footy Show, he sensationalized every snippet he could get his hands on!!

One little episode that completely turned me off him was dramatically flying to Perth to interview Leon Davis and trying his utmost to get Leon to say he left Collingwood because Bucks took over from MM. Although he skirted around it, to his credit Leon never stated that was the reason for his leaving. Barrett looked like an idiot. Have never listened or watched him after that.

My consumption of footy shows these days is limited to Monday night on Fox Footy followed by Footy Classified on Nine. I figure that gives me a fairly broad range of different opinions on the major events of the previous round, certainly enough to keep me going for the week!! Although it doesn't completely remove all annoyance towards footy reporters/commentators, it's such a small dose from what's on offer these days, that it helps me to keep a perspective on it all.

I also listen to Gerard interviewing Bucks on SEN and Swanny's podcast, which I find simply hilarious and which always make me laugh!! Smile

You have misread me P P Smile
I meant the retort was brilliant. It’s just dumb luck that the quote came from Barrett. He’s just another ambulance chaser like the rest of them.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:06 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

You have misread me P P Smile
I meant the retort was brilliant. It’s just dumb luck that the quote came from Barrett. He’s just another ambulance chaser like the rest of them.

Oh, I did too Pies2016!! You said "brilliant Damian Barrett retort "

My apologies Embarassed As soon as I saw the word "brilliant" next to Damian Barrett, my prejudice prevented me from reading it properly!!! Laughing

Love the term "ambulance chasers". It sure does apply to AFL reporters as well!!
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:23 pm

Re 360 last night, I would've liked to have seen more questions regarding the team, individual players and so on.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:01 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:

Up The Guts is good for a chuckle. I always watch 360, I like Gerard and listening/watching that moron Slobbo is somewhat entertaining too. Geez he comes out with some utter garbage.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:37 pm

Interesting to read Eddie's take on robbo over this issue...

"If Mark Robinson could put aside his complete bias and hatred of me, and jealousy to be perfectly honest, if he could just put that to one side for two seconds in his life and actually listen to what's going on rather than banging on like an empty drum"

Explains his canning our club whenever the chance arises (remember him "outing" us for having 15 players on drugs on the eve of the 16 season when it turns out we were in the same boat as most other clubs) as well as the fact he is a card carrying bomber supporter

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Bucks doesn't hide his dislike for Robbo - or at least his issues with his reporting.
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:31 pm

I got Fox mainly for AFL (us) but I don't watch anything featuring Robinson which unfortunately is most of the rest. I never liked hysterical verbal diarrhoea Whately but his relationship with him has put me off him completely. Can't watch them.
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:37 pm

How does Maguire work on the same channel as this A1 turd?
K 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:34 am
Post subject: Re: Bucks on 360 last nightReply with quote

woodys_world69 wrote:
Was intriguing to watch....I didn't realise he hasn't read a footy paper or watched shows since mid 2017.

The next step in his evolution should be to stop appearing in them. Cool
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:16 am

K wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:

The next step in his evolution should be to stop appearing in them. Cool

Rarely does these days.
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:28 am

Skids wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

Up The Guts is good for a chuckle. I always watch 360, I like Gerard and listening/watching that moron Slobbo is somewhat entertaining too. Geez he comes out with some utter garbage.

Yep. I don't know of any other professional who tries to jam 4 questions in to one unanswerable sentence.
K 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:59 am

Uncle Jack wrote:
Rarely does these days.

There's the weekly Whateley, for starters. Maybe it'd be better for him if he just slept in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: