Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#9 John Noble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He's back!!
McFly:
“John will play…we want our players to keep coming back and getting better.
“Clearly, he didn’t get what he wanted at the end of last year, but he’s now fitter and stronger, he’s put on about four or five kilos.
“We need guys like Johnny to get us where we want to be.”
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:59 pm

Let's hope, for his sake, that he doesn't repeat his 2023 by playing 23 H&A games but no finals.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:15 pm

I am so happy that John Noble has been selected.
Clearly, he has responded to concerns about his physical presence by gaining 4 to 5 kg of muscle in the off season.
He is a gun player, and he has reacted to disappointment in the way of a champion.
I am looking forward to see John Noble scorch the Giants' cattleyard with his blistering pace.

Boot 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:34 am

Clearly John Noble is made of the right stuff as a person of character. To respond to being dropped for the finals the way he has is a credit to him and the coaching panel to be able to come back by addressing the areas that were letting him down.
I've no doubt we will get the best of him for this weeks game and his speed will be needed to rebound. I just hope he isn't found out in the oppositions forward line in a one-on-one too many times as fundimentally I don't think he is good at one-on-one contests. That is where Markov is better.
I recall a couple of occasions in the Preliminary Final where Markov beat his opponent one-on-one and he also offers fast rebound pace from the backline. It will be interesting to see if both Noble and Markov can get a game in the same team this season.
I think Noble is better suited to the wing position where his pace and tank can be best leveraged. This leaves the backline full of physically stronger types who can win those crucial ono-on-one battles like Quaynor, Maynard and Crisp. I think Will Hoskin-Elliot will be played more down back this year too so that doesn't leave a lot of room for Noble. Perhaps Markov will be the first choice with Noble being the sub?

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:11 am

Should Noble be selected in the 22 for the opening round, then once again it’s testament to this blokes ability to find a way to get more out of himself from one pre season to the next. He has his flaws and most Pies supporters know them but we should never lose sight of how hard this guy has worked to be where he is today as an AFL footballer. He would easily get a game in a number of clubs best 18 every week but he finds himself on the fringe at the reigning premiers instead. Missing out on being selected in this team is no slight on your ability, it’s just the reality that comes with competing against other quality players.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:35 am

K wrote:
He's back!!fitter and stronger, he’s put on about four or five kilos

It's a good story of redemption in part isn't it.
Hopefully after his 92 games that'll just leave him with just a complete lack of talent...
Quote:
a complete lack of talent. Noble has neither.

Bring on 100 games.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:20 pm

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1105128/how-resilient-collingwood-magpie-john-noble-bounced-back-after-september-cut

Sheesh... Media gonna torture Johnny forever 'bout last September.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27   

Jump to: