Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pip Dogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Brodie Grundy had a career-high 58 hitouts tonight. That’s the most hitouts ever recorded in a game by a Collingwood player. His 58 sees him ahead of 3 other Collingwood ruckmen also coincidentally named Brodie Grundy. The 4 of them are the only 4 Collingwood players to record 50 or more hitouts in a game.

If only he could hit them to a Pies player on a few more occasions!
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:02 am

I didn’t watch last weeks game Steve, they weren’t showing it in central AU where I am atm, so had to rely on the comments & scores in the game thread.
This week, I managed to catch the game live, people here who were watching with me (strangers) were laughing at us, the comments weren’t too favourable either!

I just don’t get how far off the pace we are atm, maybe playing deep into September has affected our pre season preparation.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Walkinshaw 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:22 am

The pies struggled big time tonight. They got away in the last quarter but luck was on their side. I hope my pies are working their way into the season. Go Pies
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:27 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Brodie Grundy had a career-high 58 hitouts tonight. That’s the most hitouts ever recorded in a game by a Collingwood player. His 58 sees him ahead of 3 other Collingwood ruckmen also coincidentally named Brodie Grundy. The 4 of them are the only 4 Collingwood players to record 50 or more hitouts in a game.

Without wanting to be seen as having bambi in the cross hairs, Witts had 52 against the dogs and Sinclair had 44 against them. You tend to return those numbers when you play on a toddler.
I’m not knocking Grundy, I’m just saying when you play the dogs, it’s more the rule than the exception.
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:46 am

Back to 16 , 17 , Garbage fu#k around in the backline till we turn it over, a defensive zone thats next to useless when the opposition has the ball,instead of man on man, why oh why play that shit, once we started going long to Cox with crumbers around him we looked a different side in the last quarter, BE MORE DIRECT Collingwood FFS
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:00 am

Very pleased with the way we finished the game. We started to get on top when De Goey played in the middle and Stephenson was playing up forward. Those were good moves by Bucks at a time when the game had the potential of slipping away from our fingers.

Overall, it was a very ugly spectacle and we were lucky that the Dogs' ineffectiveness going forward stopped them from kicking a bigger score. Grundy dominated as expected, but our inability to take advantage in the clearances is a concern and needs to be addressed.

Happy to take the four points, but we'll need to step it up against Brisbane next week because I think a similar performance would see us lose to them. I remain optimistic we'll start to click into gear and resemble what we produced last year, but we're not there just yet.

Worrying news about Mayne. Hope everything is okay on the medical front.

VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:03 am

Interesting game. When it was an open affair for the first 2 and 1/2 quarters we looked average. When it became more contested we got on top. Not sure how that changed. De Goey in the centre, kicking to Cox to make a contest, more desperation? I thought the backline did ok and the final quarter was more of what we would expect. Need more of that.
VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:05 am

Oh and Varcoes effort in the final quarter was outstanding.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:06 am

VicParkTragic wrote:
Oh and Varcoes effort in the final quarter was outstanding.

Agree.

Loved that handball to Stephenson in the third quarter which led to an important goal.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:46 am

Pies2016 wrote:
We won the game playing one short while still playing poorly.
I remember reading the same crap and negativity as last year.

You only have to do two things in the footy season and in the following order
1 ) win enough games to play finals
2 ) be playing close to your best footy in September so as to give yourself a chance of going deep. That’s still FIVE months away.

Great post. Common sense, reason, calm. What are you doing on this board?

Pipes1970 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:20 am

Winning ugly is still winning

I don't want to be playing our best football yet

From round 15 on just like last year.... building up nicely and arriving at the finals in absolutely wicked form

Yep... that'll do

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:20 am

Interesting comments about a team we haven't defeated at the MCG since 2010 and have beaten us, comprehensively 5 of the last 6 times we've met. Forget that we lost our link man in the backline in the first 5 minutes. Forget that we were one rotation down for the entire game. Forget we missed, at my count, 6 set shots from inside 30 metres, forget the basic skill errors by foot and forget the now obligatory half pie kick out of defence by Tom Phillips only to see it sail back over his head for a goal, the thing that stood out for me was the absolute and utter disgrace that were the umpires.

Anything we did was awarded with a free against us and it was usually a 50/50 and we were advancing. And seriously!! The report of Miochek was an embarrassment to the game. Free kick yes. 50 No !! Report??? Mind you, having said that, Checkers really should be dropped on that performance. He was shocking and dropped at least 6 sodas when we were going forward.

The last qtr should really give everyone a glimpse of what we are capable of and I think it's just a matter of just doing what they did last year.Quick ball movement and quit stuffing around with slow play. Cox was a perfect example when the ball came in quick and high. He was involved in just about every last qtr goal.

I'll happily be going to the Gabba on Thursday and I'm sure we'll get the Easter chockies. Beams Sier and Reid in. Mayne, Miochek out.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:48 am

Monco Matt wrote:
I think I have worked out what was going on tonight. I believe the plan was to give the Bulldogs ample opportunities to go inside 50 from Grundy palming it down to their mids and our mids taking a step back just so Rough & Darcy can get more game time to gel together. as our twin KPD's......does anyone buy that? Shocked

I do. The defenders have been a bit lazy on the training track lately so Buckley gave the mids the night off last night and told Grundy we’re about to pay you a million dollars a year so you can earn your money by doing all the centre work. When the forwards heard of Grundy’s pay increase they went on strike last night. Hence last night was a bonding session for the defenders to get to know each other and work their arses off to save the game, while the mids save themselves for the Brisbane game and the forwards draw straw straws to decide which one will ask Buckley for a pay increase.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:55 am

That was a shit game to watch but I'll take the 4 points and move on.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:36 am

Didn't go to the game, but watched the replay.

Great to have a win. Not playing great, but premierships aren't won in April.

Just a few thoughts.

Thought that in the last when the game was up for grabs, full credit to Callum Brown. He was incredibly clean with his hands, not fumbling, and getting crucial handballs out. Starting to see why Bucks is playing him as next cab of the rank.

Definitely need Sier. De Goey in the last in the centre square was the bull we needed, but it is exactly the roll that Sier has played so well. Both in the team is essential for us to go all the way.

Moore continues to impress. Bit of a scare when he went off to the rooms again, given his injury history, but thankfully all was well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: