Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Bulldogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka wrote:
Bring Sier in

Do you not read any other threads? He has a rib issue, isn't match fit and probably won't be considered until May at the earliest.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:03 pm
Post subject: Re: Pre Match. Pies v. Bulldogs. All comments please.Reply with quote

Donny wrote:
Friday. MCG. 7.50

Collingwood v. Western Bulldogs

Let's hear ya !!

from RudeBoy:

"While it would be silly to make wholesale changes to our team, I think we need some changes, to improve what has thus far been a rather ordinary start to the season.

We need more run and speed, so I would drop Roughead this week, and bring back Varcoe off the backline. The dogs don't have big power forwards, so Moore, Howe and Langdon can look after their talls. Moore can relieve Grundy in the ruck, for brief spells only.

I'd also drop Cox, who has failed to improve on his overall pretty average 2018 season. We were all hoping he would take off from his terrific Prelim finals form, but alas, this has not occurred. Apparently Reid won the game for us in the VFL taking several marks and kicking a few goals. At least Reid is a natural forward.

I'd also drop Greenwood - who is valuable only in some games as a tagger - as he slows down our midfield. Move Sidey into the centre, where we are being beaten, and play Crocker as a winger, where he was BOG in the VFL with 33 disposals.

Out: Cox, Greenwood, Roughead
In: Reid, Crocker, Varcoe"

I agree with the Roughead and Varcoe exchange. Dogs have 2 marking forwards that can be covered without the very slow Roughead.

I disagree about Cox. he hasn't has much opportunity. The current gameplan works against our forwards, but especially against a marking forward close to goal. The slow chipping sideways game is allowing defenders to flood back. How many one on ones did Cox or JDG have last week? Not many. How many opportunities did he have to lead into a vacant space? Not many. No doubt the coaches are looking at how their game plan failed so badly.

I disagree even more about playing Moore in the ruck. It should never happen. Cox won't be dropped and is the logical choice. As much as I like Reidy, he is miles behind Cox in terms of what he offers.

I don't know that there is a consistent place for Levi in the team as we struggle having both Mayne and Levi in the same team. Both are slow with poor skills. I dread seeing either of them one on one in space. Mayne consistently fumbles and turns the ball over in key moments but he is more versatile than Greenwood.
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:43 pm

eureka wrote:
Bring Sier in

Wills is much closer to being picked than Sier.

K 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:13 pm

Skids wrote:
****** wrote:
Do you not read any other threads? ...

A wise man once told me: "There are two types of Nicksters: those who read and those who post."
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:16 pm

K wrote:
Skids wrote:
****** wrote:
Do you not read any other threads? ...

A wise man once told me: "There are two types of Nicksters: those who read and those who post."

You post a lot!
K 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:19 pm

The wise man didn't know me well enough at the time. (I read my own posts.)
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:35 pm

Congratulations to Chris Mayne, 200 games on Friday. Well deserved and all the best to him.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:10 pm

"Magpies midfielder Taylor Adams said on RSN on Wednesday that he felt the Magpies' midfield was lacking in connection in Saturday's game."

That's what every club says now when they underperform. (See Scott & NM.) It's convenient because then no one gets blamed. And it has enough truth in it that it's not like the obviously silly stuff the AFL says.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:54 pm

I think if we can kick a bigger score than Footscray then we’re in with a good chance of winning.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:21 pm

K wrote:
The wise man didn't know me well enough at the time. (I read my own posts.)

I'm glad for you. That makes at least one.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:52 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I think if we can kick a bigger score than Footscray then we’re in with a good chance of winning.

youd bloody hope so, though i have no doubt the AwFL could screw us out of it!!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:28 am

I think the team is at the crossroads like it was after a similar number of games in 2010 and some tough decisions are going to have to be made on a couple of players who have had great careers at Collingwood. We’re not at the point where we can fast track players like Will Kelly and Isaac Quaynor so we need to look at the next level of players who have been there 2-3 years. Players like Callum Brown, Tyler Brown, Crocker, Madgen, Appleby, Lynch and Daicos have to be looked at for giving games to this year because they’re the next generation of players coming through and players like Pendlebury can’t continue going forever. At least one of the players I’ve named has to be given a block of games to this year. Otherwise we’re wasting the talents of these players because they won’t improve playing VFL.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:47 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Congratulations to Chris Mayne, 200 games on Friday. Well deserved and all the best to him.

With his landmark game, he will nudge past, amongst others, Brad Dick, Chris Egan, Carl Steinfort and Gerald Betts and match Andrew Dimattina on 28 games for an actual football team.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:58 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
I think the team is at the crossroads like it was after a similar number of games in 2010 and some tough decisions are going to have to be made on a couple of players who have had great careers at Collingwood. We’re not at the point where we can fast track players like Will Kelly and Isaac Quaynor so we need to look at the next level of players who have been there 2-3 years. Players like Callum Brown, Tyler Brown, Crocker, Madgen, Appleby, Lynch and Daicos have to be looked at for giving games to this year because they’re the next generation of players coming through and players like Pendlebury can’t continue going forever. At least one of the players I’ve named has to be given a block of games to this year. Otherwise we’re wasting the talents of these players because they won’t improve playing VFL.

I think your right. It’s painful but necessary

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:04 am

Skids wrote:
eureka wrote:
Bring Sier in

Do you not read any other threads? He has a rib issue, isn't match fit and probably won't be considered until May at the earliest.

Cmon - if he’s any good, he’ll play through it. Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: