Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Eagles. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 11.10.76
West Coast 15.8.98

Goals: De Goey 3, Treloar 2, Beamer, Elliott, JT, Sidey, Checkers, Cox 1,

Disposals: Adams, Beamer 26, Sidey 25, Mayne 24, Treloar 25, Maynard 23, Grundy 23, Howe, Aish, Pendles 21, Moore 17, Langdon 19, De Goey 18, Phillips 14, Crisp 15, Stevo 14, Checkers 13,

Tackles: Grundy 5, Sidey, Maynard 4.

D/E: Langdon 94.7%, Howe 90.5, Moore 88.2, Sidey 88, Crisp 86.7, Maynard 82.6

AF points: Grundy 122, Maynard 108, Sidey, De Goey 107, Treloar 98, Mayne 97.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:31 pm

Skids wrote:
DT wrote:
How about some analysis rather than whinging?

Grundy played a bit better but still does not influence the game enough. How will he go against NicNat??

I thought Adams was the only midfielder who showed real aggression. The rest of them were too passive. Where was Pendlebury when the chips were down? Treloar? Beams? Anyone?

Cox and Grundy do not take enough marks for big guys. Mihocek played a fantastic first quarter but faded out thereafter. I don’t think Cox & Mihocek gets the job done against West Coast. We need Hoskins Elliott back. Stephenson was down on his prom and he could make a difference and Rlliott did a couple of nice things but will need to impact the contest more. JT was very ordinary tonight - would replace him with Varcoe. Hopefully Daicos can come good as there is a spot for him if he can get to the level.

The backline stood up against the talks but was beaten by the small and mid sized Eagles.

I don’t have the answer as to how to beat the Eagles but we clearly need to try something else against them.

I analysed it... it was weak!

The effort was not there, you gotta want that ball! They wanted it more than we did... there's your analysis Exclamation

Unusual for you to be so negative.
I thought you were baiting .
But no you seem genuine in your thoughts
E 

missed a lot of gettable goals. 2 by DeGoey, 2 by Cox, i by Thomas, 1 by Treloar, 1 by Mihocek. Just gotta take your chances against good teams.

Cox mistakes tonight led directly to 3 or 4 missed goals. Simple mark went through his hands at the end, inability to have a plan from 3 metres out on his left, gathers ball but too easily dispossessed. still has a long was to go does Coxy. I love his effort.

Was something wrong with Elliot tonight. or was he just well held?

We seemed to have a few passengers tonight. Elliot, Thomas, Greenwood, Phillips, Stevo. None of these guys would have been happy with their game.

I dont understand how the eagles players are allowed to lay on top of the ball fro 10 seconds when they give away the free kick. Why do we always rush to get the ball back (sometimes to our detriment) and they are allowed to get away with delays of game. Two times in the last when we were still in it, a collingwood player tried to get the ball back and they just laid on top of it. Either there is a rule or there isn't. Either we are getting it back to quickly and need to slow down, or eagles cheat and get away with it.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

DT wrote:

I thought Adams was the only midfielder who showed real aggression. The rest of them were too passive. Where was Pendlebury when the chips were down? Treloar? Beams? Anyone?

Cox and Grundy do not take enough marks for big guys. Mihocek played a fantastic first quarter but faded out thereafter. I don’t think Cox & Mihocek gets the job done against West Coast. We need Hoskins Elliott back. Stephenson was down on his prom and he could make a difference and Rlliott did a couple of nice things but will need to impact the contest more. JT was very ordinary tonight - would replace him with Varcoe. Hopefully Daicos can come good as there is a spot for him if he can get to the level.

The backline stood up against the talks but was beaten by the small and mid sized Eagles.

I don’t have the answer as to how to beat the Eagles but we clearly need to try something else against them.

Yeah, Tay at least took the bloody game on!!!!
Thought that Mihocek was great value in that McGovern was kept reasonably quiet.
Jamie contested well I thought, but it was mainly in the air and there were very few crumbers. A bit of a conundrum that one - does Bucks instruct him not to fly, which is his natural game?
Stephenson needs to play in the forward line more often than not and JDG could spend more time in the middle of the ground.
True... we actually did relatively well against their tall forwards, but their smaller players were too slick.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:33 pm

Phillips was a horror show. Ran past the ball twice in Our forward line and both were swept down field for goals. Then missed that sitter. He had no impact and nor did Thomas. Both out and Sier in and hopefully Reid. Pretty poor show. Our mid field was weak. Thrashed.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:33 pm

E wrote:

I dont understand how the eagles players are allowed to lay on top of the ball fro 10 seconds when they give away the free kick. Why do we always rush to get the ball back (sometimes to our detriment) and they are allowed to get away with delays of game. Two times in the last when we were still in it, a collingwood player tried to get the ball back and they just laid on top of it. Either there is a rule or there isn't. Either we are getting it back to quickly and need to slow down, or eagles cheat and get away with it.

This was so damn obvious and if one of ours did the same it was a 50m penalty!!!!!!!!!!!!
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:34 pm

All this fart arsing about with rules was meant to speed the game up and increase scoring. Yet again tonight (Lions game) we had a 37 minute quarter. There was a 36 on thursday as well. And scoring if anything has gone backwards. It is time to introduce a 20 metre penalty for minor infringements.Ang why wasn't Schey pinged for refusing to give the ball back in the last quarter after he was pinged holding it. Pay that 50 and Phillips is kicking from the goal square and not spraying a point.
melliot 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:34 pm

I think we should kick it to McGovern more often.

Clearly we don't do that enough. FFS.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:36 pm

melliot wrote:

Yep.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:38 pm

Anybody notice the blatant tunnelling of our players every time we took a mark out in front? it happened multiple times and I'm sure was a deliberate tactic from WCE, not even a warning from the luminous maggots, let alone a 50, which they handed out with impunity to them. Our mids were soundly beaten again and tackling, which used to be a hallmark of game, is gone, Beams one tackle. Cox, Stevo, Thomas, Howe, Crisp, Greenwood and Aish were terrible. We have gone back to collapsing around the ball like 2-3 years ago. JDG, Treloar and Phillips need to learn how to nail clutch set shots. Hopefully we reset against the Bulldogs, but we are mentally flayed against wet toast and need to beat them soon or it will turn out like the losing streak to the piss & poo.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:40 pm

masoncox wrote:
melliot wrote:

Yep.

McGovern is simply a brilliant reader of the incoming ball and therefore, usually intercepts any long bombs. In one-on-one contests, I thought Mihocek held his own tonight.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:42 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
masoncox wrote:
melliot wrote:

Yep.

McGovern is simply a brilliant reader of the incoming ball and therefore, usually intercepts any long bombs. In one-on-one contests, I thought Mihocek held his own tonight.

Maybe just tag him full stop.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:43 pm

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
we are mentally flayed against wet toast and need to beat them soon or it will turn out like the losing streak to the piss & poo.

This is a really significant point I reckon. I haven't seen some of our players hang their heads or look so low in confidence for a long time. WC have us brow-beaten mentally and as you say, the only thing that can change that is to beat them.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:44 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
we are mentally flayed against wet toast and need to beat them soon or it will turn out like the losing streak to the piss & poo.

This is a really significant point I reckon. I haven't seen some of our players hang their heads or look so low in confidence for a long time. WC have us brow-beaten mentally and as you say, the only thing that can change that is to beat them.

But how do we beat them delia delia!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:46 pm

masoncox wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
masoncox wrote:
melliot wrote:

Yep.

Maybe just tag him full stop.

Yep, I'd be doing that next time around... seriously!!! Mihocek could do it I reckon, as he is as strong in the body. I would love to see it happen and then see how the Weagles responded to that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14   

Jump to: