Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Was Stevo attacked at the VFL game Saturday?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:41 pm
Post subject: Was Stevo attacked at the VFL game Saturday?Reply with quote

Can anyone confirm a rumour I heard that Jaidyn Stephenson was physically attacked and verbally abused in the VFL game Saturday.

According to the person who told me, he left the field with a completely torn jumper and was quite shaken. They said Dermot Brereton spoke about it on FOX Saturday night and said it was a completely disgraceful attack on a young kid who had made a mistake and served his penalty. He did not deserve this.

Is this true? and how did his team mates react? Do we expect those thugs at the Cattery to try the same thing?
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched a stream of the game.
Stevo laid a great crunching tackle an held on a touch too long, it was paid down the field and resulted in a Box Hill goal. A bunch of Box Hill sooks jumped in to rough him up. His jumper was ripped and I saw a replay of some Box Hill tool mouthing off to him. Just looked like part of the game to me, but who knows what was said to him. He'll be OK. If he gets something similar in a final expect Maynard and the Pig to have his back!
K 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:53 pm

Here's vid, but I don't know it shows much:

https://twitter.com/dinnynavaratnam/status/1165138357900345344
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:02 am

Not privy to player to player verbal,s but I’d surmise “#&* idiot act mate “ OR
“ Rule,s bent for a tool like you “. Hey I don’t know but there would be some
sledging from first bounce and a build up of pressure on the kid

That’s footy and it’s been going on forever—Stevo get ready for this crap being leveled at you —shut it out and reply with goals and goal assist as
action,s speak louder than words

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:33 am

All Stevo had to do was not say a word and move on.
Or he could of said “ Enjoy your VFL finals” Smile
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:42 pm

I was at Box Hill oval.

It was near the end of the match and the Whorethorns were leading by a few goals.

Near the goal poles where Stevo was standing not far away, two kids (one in the gorgeous Black and White, another in the shitty poo colour of course) were having a verbal "fight". The Pies kid yelled out: at least we are in the final, good on you Stephenson.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:23 pm

Meg,
He stood tall! Played it out. Won’t hurt him, will just fuel the fire! And that’s what we need! Thank god the bans over.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:38 pm

Gerard Whateley jumped the fence in disgust. He was very upset that Stevo was out there playing.

When Stevo didnt do his hamstring as Gerard wished, he got cut.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:41 pm

Thing is, he didn't play it out. He went into his shell and hardly touched the ball for the rest of the game (refer to the VFL thread).

His response to apparently being heavily sledged for his recent indiscretions was to crack it and manhandle an opponent which resulted in a minor melee and Stephenson having his jumper torn from his body.

His resultant invisibility during the rest of the game broadcast to every AFL coach: 'This is how you neutralise Stephenson'. Sledge him, and when he cracks it, rough him up. He'll then sulk and have no further impact.

By all means select him to play against Geelong. But if he demonstrates surrender like he did on Saturday that may be the last final he plays this year. Too much at stake to rely on mentally fragile players when others are available.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:33 pm

Woods wrote:
Thing is, he didn't play it out. He went into his shell and hardly touched the ball for the rest of the game (refer to the VFL thread).

His response to apparently being heavily sledged for his recent indiscretions was to crack it and manhandle an opponent which resulted in a minor melee and Stephenson having his jumper torn from his body.

His resultant invisibility during the rest of the game broadcast to every AFL coach: 'This is how you neutralise Stephenson'. Sledge him, and when he cracks it, rough him up. He'll then sulk and have no further impact.

By all means select him to play against Geelong. But if he demonstrates surrender like he did on Saturday that may be the last final he plays this year. Too much at stake to rely on mentally fragile players when others are available.

Absolute garbage. Where’s the evidence he went into his shell? The ball didn’t go near him, but that’s no reason to think he’s fragile.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:50 pm

Woods wrote:

This is totally wrong,all of it.He didn’t crack it as you say after being sledged.He simply tackled a player just as he was disposing of the ball,which happens all the time in a game of football.If anyone cracked it,it was the Box Hill players who charged at him for his innocuous tackle.

And who are these players who are supposed to be good enough to take his place?I can’t think of a single player on our list who can play the role that he plays.

Last edited by doriswilgus on Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:11 pm

Woods reckons Stevo is a cheat Rolling Eyes, I'd take those comments with a grain of salt
barrackers 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:20 pm

Woods wrote:

I assume you're trying to draw that from my comments? Comments that never connected his quieter second half to his jumper being torn.

From memory his jumper being torn happened shortly before three quarter time and I seen it as nothing more than a footy incident after a free was paid down the ground against Stephenson. Sure he was quieter in the second half, but that drop off began well before BH rallied for a teammate. If anything a lack of match fitness contributed to his quieter second half, however he wasn't alone in that with Murphy and Brown also having less impact after half time.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:46 pm

probably because they had shown enough! id be mighty surprised and dissappointed if the coach didnt tell them to back off, why risk injury suspension against a bunch of guys with nothing to lose?
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:47 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Gerard Whateley jumped the fence in disgust. He was very upset that Stevo was out there playing.

When Stevo didnt do his hamstring as Gerard wished, he got cut.

Doubt that little mouse can jump a fence, more like the little mouse went under the fence...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: