Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why cant i get enthused for this season?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:30 pm
Post subject: Why cant i get enthused for this season?Reply with quote

Well, finally back and my first post for this season. Look, ive taken a long break, and I will be upfront, losing the GF last yr, the 11th grand fiinal loss I have seen, five of em by less than one goal, has taken me a long time to come to terms with. Long time. Look I can hear u all now, ive heard it all before, the "WE did well with all our injuries, we made finals after a long break. we actually won two finals, smashed cocky tigers in Prelim, made the big dance, not expected, blah blah blah. "I know all that, but consider this-

WE lost a grand final we should never have ever lost. ever. Both sides had injuries, we lost close to them in Perth, three weeks prior. WE booted the first bloody five goals, to nil, u do NOT do that and lose. Only twice has a team in the history of the League, has done that feat, both times the Magpies, in 1970 n last yr.WE booted the first two in the last qtr, the crowd was roaring us on, we were on our own ground, our pissing ground, the eagles were not. We can blame umps maynard thing all we like, we had a golden chance to win a magnificent flag, agaisnt the odds, of the season, and we damn well blew it. fact. It knocked the tar outa me that loss, i have taken a long long time to get over it, even now.I was gutted, still am.

Some of our fans, younger ones, who dont know our fiasco of grand final losses, some how assume we are a walk up start to make it again this season and win it. Nothing can be assumed, nothing. just cos of last yrs big effort to get there. We are no longer under the radar, all teams will be ready for us, can u honeslty see us beating essendon twice again, or the Lions, twice, both of whom will improve. Its going to be damn hard, real hard to even make top four again, even sides like the cats, crows wiil be very hard to beat, real tough. Like we may not make the grannie at all, we may not make another GF for two, five, ten yrs, whose to say ??

Look i wish i could be more positive about this season, but i just dunno, we damn well blew yet another flag last year in a horrible way, five lousy points and it has knocked me for six, im finding it hard to get fired up for this season. Of course i hope we can beat the cats this week, and i wll die a Magpie, but by crikey, im finding it tough, sorry, but ELEVEN GRAND FINAL DEFEATS, HAS TAKEN ITS TOLL ON ME, FINALLY.

So, tell me fellow Nicksters, WHY should i get fired up for this season, WHY ?? Id like your thoughts, and advice.

Sad Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Because there’s no other choice.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:53 pm

I understand the feeling, PNC.

I've gone from flat to being angry about how it all ended and knowing there's no guarantee we'll be back in the Grand Final this year.

Logically, there's a lot to be excited about. We finally improved after many years of decline and stagnation, so for the first time in a long time it seems like everyone is behind the coach and the playing group.

We've also strengthened our team with the recruitments of Beams and Roughead and if the likes of Moore and Elliott can avoid any more injuries, they will essentially be new recruits for us as well.

However, football is an emotional game and sometimes our emotions can get in the way of us being sensible. Last year's GF nearly broke me as a supporter.

For the first time ever, I could actually understand what our older supporters endured in 1970, 1977 and 1979-1981. Experiencing a loss like we did last year is bad enough the first time round, but doing it repeatedly would take its toll on even the most passionate supporters as it did decades ago.

On Friday night, I think the adrenaline and excitement of seeing the team start a new season will invigorate us hopefully.

I only hope the players are as angry as we are for last year's loss and come out of the blocks and start making a statement to the rest of the competition that we're going to be the real deal this year and last year wasn't a good one-off season under Bucks.

Last edited by Jezza on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:58 pm

We're addicted! get over it Smile
Redlight 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:20 pm
Post subject: Re: Why cant i get enthused for this season. ?Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Well, finally back and my first post for this season. Look, ive taken a long break, and I will be upfront, losing the GF last yr, the 11th grand fiinal loss I have seen, five of em by less than one goal, has taken me a long time to come to terms with. Long time. Look I can hear u all now, ive heard it all before, the "WE did well with all our injuries, we made finals after a long break. we actually won two finals, smashed cocky tigers in Prelim, made the big dance, not expected, blah blah blah. "I know all that, but consider this-

WE lost a grand final we should never have ever lost. ever. Both sides had injuries, we lost close to them in Perth, three weeks prior. WE booted the first bloody five goals, to nil, u do NOT do that and lose. Only twice has a team in the history of the League, has done that feat, both times the Magpies, in 1970 n last yr.WE booted the first two in the last qtr, the crowd was roaring us on, we were on our own ground, our pissing ground, the eagles were not. We can blame umps maynard thing all we like, we had a golden chance to win a magnificent flag, agaisnt the odds, of the season, and we damn well blew it. fact. It knocked the tar outa me that loss, i have taken a long long time to get over it, even now.I was gutted, still am.

Look i wish i could be more positive about this season, but i just dunno, we damn well blew yet another flag last year in a horrible way, five lousy points and it has knocked me for six, im finding it hard to get fired up for this season. Of course i hope we can beat the cats this week, and i wll die a Magpie, but by crikey, im finding it tough, sorry, but ELEVEN GRAND FINAL DEFEATS, HAS TAKEN ITS TOLL ON ME, FINALLY.

#Me too.

I haven't been able to take any comfort in the surprise GF appearance or getting close. If anything it's even worse because of that. We should have won, history owed us one, we owed it to ourselves to pinch one, to have one golden run and an unlikely win. The Dogs did it, Richmond did it.

We, of course, did not.

It would've repaid so much faith and exorcised so many demons. Instead they've all been amplified.

Since the 1958 flag we've been in 14 grand finals and won just 2. I've run out of excuses for it. It's simply not OK anymore. I've exhausted my personal stock of reasons to believe that it'll ever turn around.

58 years of misery with just two flags. It's one year too many for me.

I still love the Pies, but I think it's going to have to be a slightly more distant love. At least for this season.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:32 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
So, tell me fellow Nicksters, WHY should i get fired up for this season, WHY ?? Id like your thoughts, and advice

Because you also saw 1990 and 2010 and that's the sweetest feeling ever

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:41 pm

Unfortunately, there is no cure for Colliwobbles.

Even if we win the next 12 flags in a row, we'd still only be running at 50% since 1958.

Barracking for the Pies offers so much joy, except for the last week of the year.

It's been that was for 60 years and I see no reason why it'll change any time soon.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:58 pm

Very Happy Come on guys, look ahead new season, new opportunities some great footy to watch. We have a list that play for each other, they play exciting footy with great link up work. We were never expected to reach the Preliminary let alone play in the Grand final. The journey was unbelievable and so exciting! It's easy to still be flat while knowing that they have to climb again. Supporting this club no matter what is what it's all about. Dont' worry when the season gets going again so will we!
The Pretender 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:20 pm

Yup.

All of this.
For some reason last year's GF loss was both inevitable and unbearable.

I'm not optimistic at all.
It's a very flat feeling to start the year
themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:36 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Unfortunately, there is no cure for Colliwobbles.

Even if we win the next 12 flags in a row, we'd still only be running at 50% since 1958.

Barracking for the Pies offers so much joy, except for the last week of the year.

It's been that was for 60 years and I see no reason why it'll change any time soon.

Win the next 12 gf's & why would you care about the last 60 years?

27 flags! thank you very much .

I still hope I'll experience a dynasty in my lifetime.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:48 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
So, tell me fellow Nicksters, WHY should i get fired up for this season, WHY ?? Id like your thoughts, and advice

Because you also saw 1990 and 2010 and that's the sweetest feeling ever

True, yes, tremendous wins, yes,, but ive seen eleven losses, five by less than one goal. is tough mate tough. Sad

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:52 pm

Jezza wrote:
I understand the feeling, PNC.

I've gone from flat to being angry about how it all ended and knowing there's no guarantee we'll be back in the Grand Final this year.

Logically, there's a lot to be excited about. We finally improved after many years of decline and stagnation, so for the first time in a long time it seems like everyone is behind the coach and the playing group.

We've also strengthened our team with the recruitments of Beams and Roughead and if the likes of Moore and Elliott can avoid any more injuries, they will essentially be new recruits for us as well.

However, football is an emotional game and sometimes our emotions can get in the way of us being sensible. Last year's GF nearly broke me as a supporter.

For the first time ever, I could actually understand what our older supporters endured in 1970, 1977 and 1979-1981. Experiencing a loss like we did last year is bad enough the first time round, but doing it repeatedly would take its toll on even the most passionate supporters as it did decades ago.

On Friday night, I think the adrenaline and excitement of seeing the team start a new season will invigorate us hopefully.

I only hope the players are as angry as we are for last year's loss and come out of the blocks and start making a statement to the rest of the competition that we're going to be the real deal this year and last year wasn't a good one-off season under Bucks.

Thanks Jezza, yes u r correct, beams will be great, and let us pray darcy and Elliott stay fit, finally. Hey did u see on the Mangarook show, they all tipped us to lose v the cats, bar one, I thought that was a bit harsh, really.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:04 pm

I cant wait. i NEED footy, i NEED my footy family, i NEED to be able to yell, scream and just bogan it out, i NEED to see me mate at half time for a hows it going, i NEED this precious time with my daughter, i NEED to see her let lose at the ump when everyone else is silent (like every single week she does it!!) i NEED to see my boys and i NEED to sing OUR song.

i NEED Collingwood football club as much as i NEED oxygen.

and i really really really NEED to let go of those $£$%^%%$ 90 sec. TBH i wish we lost by 20 or so, it would be easier.....

Im still heart broken, i cant believe Karma, God, umpires, AFL or just damn lock could be so $£$%^%%$ cruel....i Need to get back to footy, my blood is black and white, i truly believe it was that way when i was born, 7 years before i even hit Australias shores, I bleed it, I feel it, I love it with all my heart....

Ive always been a roller coaster girl, The lows just make you really appreciate the highs..... whos getting on the train with me?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:45 pm

It's actually a hormonal thingy pnc. As we get older, it becomes harder to get excited about anything.

However, I expect to have adrenaline pumping through my veins when the Pies run thru the banner at the g on Friday night. Go Pies!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:32 am

RudeBoy wrote:
It's actually a hormonal thingy pnc. As we get older, it becomes harder to get excited about anything.

However, I expect to have adrenaline pumping through my veins when the Pies run thru the banner at the g on Friday night. Go Pies!

Men-o-pause is a bitch yeah?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7   

Jump to: