Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 
Log inLog in RegisterRegister
 
ODIs v. Pakistan, UAE

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar
 
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:24 am
Post subject: ODIs v. Pakistan, UAEReply with quote

ODI 1: Pakistan won toss, elected to bat.

5/280 (50).

Haris Sohail 101* (115). [Is he related to Aamir?]

Coulter-Nile 2/61, Lyon 1/38, Maxwell 1/57,


Last edited by K on Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

bet365 now has Pakistan 1.50 [63.6% chance of winning], Oz 2.62 [36.4%].
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.


Joined: 04 Aug 2002
Location: Toonumbar NSW Australia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

1/221. 10 overs to come.

Finch 107*. Marsh 72*

_________________
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

2/281 (49).

Well, that was easier than the market thought.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this just muddy the selection waters?

How similar are UAE conditions to English ones? Is there any swing in UAE?
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

"It was a surface with nothing in it for the bowlers, and frankly, not much for the viewers either. The lack of balance between ball and bat and the slowness of the surfaces meant there was little the bowlers could do to disturb the batsmen's rhythm, and resultantly alter the tempo of the game."

"Pakistan paid the price for a thoroughly circumspect first innings."

(cricinfo)
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Pies4shaw 



Joined: 08 Oct 2007


PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn’t tell us anything useful. Finch and Marsh both need new jobs.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.


Joined: 04 Aug 2002
Location: Toonumbar NSW Australia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4 ?
_________________
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Pies4shaw 



Joined: 08 Oct 2007


PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Donny, one (or two) swallows don't make a summer. Finch has been bowled through the gate about 435 times in a row (basically, anyone who can get the ball to wobble a bit off straight has troubled him over the last 12 months) and Marsh is useless against the moving ball. The world is full of batsmen who can belt the thing all over the place when the wicket is straight up and down. It won't be in England - it never is. Horses for courses. If they were playing the World Cup in the UAE, my view would be different.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting, because they're obviously going to make the WC pitches really, really flat for the home team's sake. England have constructed their whole ODI team and strategy on that for the last few years. If the ODI ball really swings a lot in England, shouldn't all their brawn-over-technique flat-track-bully top-order one-day batsmen have been exposed by now?
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Pies4shaw 



Joined: 08 Oct 2007


PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Those will be the pitches for the England games.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oz v Eng SF?
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

"Of the 237 ODIs in Sharjah, West Indies' pursuit of 285 in 1993 is the only higher successful run-chase."
(AAP).
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ODI 2: Pakistan win toss, elect to bat.
Debut for Hasnain.

bet365 odds: Oz 1.57 [~60%], Pakistan 2.37 [~40%].
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wicket maiden from Jhye Richardson first up.

And the odds shift immediately: Oz 1.44 [~66%], Pakistan 2.75 [~34%].
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum



Privacy Policy

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group