Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Alternating Elliotts

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:49 pm
Post subject: Alternating ElliottsReply with quote

Some will have noticed the weird alternation between our two Elliotts (of the Jamie and Will Hoskin- variety): since the beginning of last year, whenever one plays, the other has missed, and we haven't had the chance to see the two of them in the same team since Round 23 2017.

But another interesting fact is that, since Round 1 2017, we've always had at least one of them in the side. And that leads me to wonder which of these runs will be broken first: will we see an Elliott double act before we see a Will-and-Jamie-free Collingwood line-up, or vice versa? Or are the two doomed to alternate now until the end of time?

I have to say, the idea of the two of them together in the forward line again is an extremely enjoyable one.

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be funny to see Elliot Goblet.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:33 pm

Collingwood would have more Elliotness if both played, which would make it untouchable.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:45 pm

Woods wrote:
Collingwood would have more Elliotness if both played, which would make it untouchable.

Well, I liked it 😆
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:48 pm

Be i Sydney May 24th for the game and hope they strut their stuff together on the SCG
Back at team hotel will they have the same loom number 😀

K 

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:20 pm

Only 24 hrs to wait! How many games has this one-Elliott streak lasted? 55+?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:08 am

It's great having these two playing together. Jamie still has a way to go before he's close to top form, but his last game was very promising. WHE's return from injury was better than we could have hoped for. Still, it will take time for him to reach his best.

Elliott, WHE and Stephenson are critical players in our side for mine. They all have that bit of pace, class and marking power that is largely lacking from our side. We won't reach our potential until these three are integrated and performing. Not only do they improve our forward line, they are starting to play midfield as well and add some dynamism and class.

I also think it's these three (especially Elliott who fully fit is a defensive force as well as offensive) that spell trouble for Varcoe. Trav's been an almost automatic selection for his pace and chase. We had to pick him even through poor form because there was simply no one else. With these three in the side he becomes a bit more expendable. His experience is always welcome, but he'll need to perform to hold a spot. Pressure alone won't be enough for him anymore.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:11 am

Woods wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Very good Woods!!
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:13 am

Since they first joined forces in 2017 Jamie has been a notable absentee tho in the years that followed Will has progressed to a very very good player

So get a full year of consistent game time into the duo and we could expect to see something real special

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:36 pm

I say play them both, on song they both offer something different. Looking forward to hearing sooner or later ....Hoskin-Elliott to Elliott - GOAL!!!! or vise versa Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: