Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post-match: Cats beat Pies in armwrestle. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird match and disappointing to lose again in round 1 for the fourth year running. Very sloppy at the contest throughout the night.

Have to move on to next week now and hopefully we improve against the Tigers.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:50 pm

What's "pissweak" is posting multiple times, under multiple usernames, in your air-conditioned lounge room, all this hate and vitriol. The players busted their guts and lost by one kick, it was hardly a flogging. JDG turns and kicks the goal, it would have been game over.
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:51 pm

Jezza wrote:
Weird match and disappointing to lose again in round 1 for the fourth year running. Very sloppy at the contest throughout the night.

Have to move on to next week now and hopefully we improve against the Tigers.

Plenty of teams in the past have lost games early and gone on to great years.

Brown26 

One thing we don't have is the get out of jail free CHF - still our weakness - unless Cox takes 15 contested marks in the first quarter the mids don't have the confidence to kick to anyone long in the forward line, which is occasionally needed. I don't know how to fix this at this stage

- Ben
Larabee 

Rubbish game of footy but it is round one. Inept performance but no need to slash wrists yet. However we may well be 0-3 going into round 4.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

Sensei Grundy wrote:
We’re perennial pretenders.

MEMO TO THE COLLINGWOOD PR TEAM: Stop the bullshit factor. Start winning games before waxing lyrical about the quality of the squad.

We will go 0-3 after Round 3.

What????? It's not the players or the coaches that wax lyrical, but the media and some of the team's supporters, including some here on Nick's.

Leave them to just play the game without heaping enormous expectations on them!! Geelong were finalists after all last year. We didn't lose to a crap team.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:52 pm

Phillips does my head in. Worse decision maker for ages and then can''t even execute those.I doubrt he will ever be tagged because he is too valuable to the other side. Swap him for Daicos asap. Didn't know Thomas was playing until he coughed it up. And how can a moron like Stanley dominate a last quarter.

Practice this week should focus entirely on forward play, kicking for goal etc. The lack of nous up there is forcing us to miss out on rotating JDG through the middle against the likes of Dangermouse. Again Stevic umpires another close loss for us.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:52 pm

Collingwood 9.11.65
Geelong 10.12.72

Goals: Elliott 3, De Goey 2, Cox, Treloar, Beams, Brown

Disposals: Treloar 34, Sidebottom, Crisp 26, Pendlebury, Phillips 24, Beams 23, Mayne 22

Tackles: Treloar 6, Elliott 5, Aish 4.

D/E: Elliott 100%, Maynard 87.5, Pendles 83.3, Howe 80,

AF points: Treloar 125, Pendles, Beamer 90, Phillips 88

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:53 pm

One disappointment for a first up game was Beams. I will give him a pass mark as he has only just re-joined the team. But he seemed very "all forward - No backline" in his work.
Mr Miyagi 

Brown26 wrote:
One thing we don't have is the get out of jail free CHF - still our weakness - unless Cox takes 15 contested marks in the first quarter the mids don't have the confidence to kick to anyone long in the forward line, which is occasionally needed. I don't know how to fix this at this stage

- Ben

I don't think our talls took a contested mark in the forward line? Cox was getting the ball down nicely though. Grundy missed a sitter right in front. We took 10 seconds too long to get the ball forward, and Geelong were quicker to get their players forward of the ball. That cost us. I would have liked to have seen Moore swung forward for at least a few minutes in the last 10 minutes, we were getting the ball down there enough.
Mr Miyagi 

DP sorry

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kill for Collingwood 

Pathetic insult.
Apart from Elliott.
So much for their "pain" from GF.
Pathetic!!!!!

Crazypie 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:54 pm

Moore tick
Elliot tick
Roughhead tick
No injuries tick
Losing the first round that I can't ever remember winning one when I've been optimistic… that will make the players realise that they have been drinking too much of their own bathwater because of this 'best midfield ever' bullshit the media have been delivering tick

Just happy about Moore and Elliot.

Add Tay, WHE Sier or greenwood.

We'll be right.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:55 pm

Jezza wrote:

It was a weird game I agree Jezza. Something just felt odd about it. I'm putting it down to being played in high humidity, summer weather????
Plus, maybe we reverted to old habits and didn't lower our eyes kicking into the forward line??? Lots of long bombs in there.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:55 pm

Buckley: "Hey, I know - let's leave Greenwood out of the 22, and let Suckwood do whatever the fkuc he wants? What do I care? I've assembled the greatest midfield the AFL have ever seen..."

Mate, they ain't worth JACK SHIT until they get that cup thingy.

You WERE WARNED by MANY posters in the pre-match NOT to do this, but you still know fkucing everything it seems.
You underestimated Suckwad, Dangerflog, Kelly and Ablett, and we paid the price. That's 4 points we'll never get back in what will be a very tight season.

And well done to Degoey; that's two games in a row your ego, and shit rash decision making have cost us a win. But at least tonight didn't cost us the flag. There's this length of field down past the centre called "the backline"; you might want to visit it and go help them from time to time, instead of lurking behind contests for cheap easy kicks...

Good to see Elliott back, along with Moore. If they fall over again, the Weasels will go back-to-back sadly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19   

Jump to: