Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

New Zealand terror attack at mosque

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Piece here about NZ gun laws.

https://www.news.com.au/world/pacific/how-the-christchurch-shooter-obtained-powerful-militarystyle-weapons/news-story/eaeec3112cefe61cf995397e1565304a

A couple of interesting facts, there's an estimated 1.5 million guns in NZ with an adult population of less than 4 million (total pop is 4.8M) so that's more than 1 gun for every 3 adults. (by comparison Australia has a bit over double the amount of guns but nearly 7 times the population)

Yet, with reasonably relaxed gun laws and a high concentration of firearms across the population, the level of gun related violence is quite low. Until now.

The death toll is now up to 50 with another 50 injured, many seriously so.

Police have apparently confirmed that there was only the one shooter. That's a lot of carnage for one piece of shit to cause.

The irony being of course the shooter is Australian and his actions will likely bring about stricter gun control laws in New Zealand.

On a lighter note Trevor Chappell must be relieved to no longer be public enemy No.1.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:30 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Only if the people being shot were carlton supporters.

Would that make a perp a "black-and-white ethno-nationalist" or a "black-and-white supremacist"? It's important we get the nomenclature right.

How bout Gymnorhina tibicen cakewalk supremacist?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:37 pm

^ According to Kayo, the Lions are playing our women today for a "premilitary" spot (I kid you not), so I think you're onto something.

From the site: "The Lions will be playing for a finals spot against the Pies, who are yet to win a game. Percentage will be crucial for them to book a premilitary final spot."
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:13 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Who the hell takes a gun to church? Confused

Turns out it was the right wing loonies shottie Stui; although I notice all the dogs in the neighbourhood looked up when you posted the above, well played, classy Rolling Eyes

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:18 pm

You're seriously accusing Stui of all people of dog whistling? If there's ever a problem with radical centrists then I'm sure he'll be right in the middle of it.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:42 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Turns out it was the right wing loonies shottie Stui; although I notice all the dogs in the neighbourhood looked up when you posted the above, well played, classy Rolling Eyes

So you're calling Think Positive a right wing Dog? You wouldn't know classy if it was sitting on you. I humbly suggest a cactus suppository would be good for what ails you.

And cheers Wokko, I've been called right wing before. I've been called lots of things, but it generally says more about them than me.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:48 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Confused Um that's the first thing I thought too - why would you need a gun at church? Followed by why the hell do people go to church Very Happy
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:21 pm

^

Thank you. Wink Agree on both counts.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:31 pm

stui magpie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

So you're calling Think Positive a right wing Dog? You wouldn't know classy if it was sitting on you. I humbly suggest a cactus suppository would be good for what ails you.

And cheers Wokko, I've been called right wing before. I've been called lots of things, but it generally says more about them than me.

Well what exactly was your post in reference to, given it has an arrow to Skid's post about the Muslim firing of a shot in self defence?
The context seems pretty clear to me.....
And to try and drag TP into my beef with your statement, and put foul words in my mouth about her, says a lot about you I'd suggest....but whatever, as long as there are no high powered rifles involved, say what you damn well please, I'll call it as I see, and you keep whistling...

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:46 pm

I referenced Skids post above as it referred to one of the Muslims firing back, my reaction was what I posted.

TP was the first respondent to that, so my assumption is clear.

if you think I was dog whistling, well you clearly see what you want to see and I have no interest in playing chess with a pigeon.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:53 pm

Wokko wrote:
The NZ killer ......

Was this an Aussie press release??
Is this like if Pharlap loses hes a NZ horse, but an Aussie if he wins?

the Clinton thing is mind boggling, Trevor Chapel (sic) and his brother are still grubs.

Also mind boggling that Facebook are still trying to shut down the video, after removing 1.5 million, yes million, shares of it, apparently 1.2 million were stopped at upload, WTF, what kind of person shares that??

I dont think the "who takes a gun to church" question was bad, i mean its a fair question, especially outside of the US or 3rd world countries. i also didnt think i was called a dog, not that id mind, mind you, Dogs are Gods greatest creation, well, outside of my 2 kids anyway!

This whole thing is just heartbreaking, just so damn wrong. Nothing brave about this prick, as someone else said, he was shooting in a barrel, and then at the slightest resistance he was gone. He couldnt even kill himself, or get the cops to do it. utter scum. No excuse.

Apparently NZ cops dont all wear a gun, 6 min to respond is pretty damn good, 10 for special forces, but could it have been shorter? will this change?

I dont like to say 'the good that comes out of this"its a slap in the face to the families, injured, and the dead.

But Jacinda Arden surely has shown the world with her actions so far, how to deal with such a tough situation with dignity, class, while still allowing her emotions to show, Her veil that wasnt a veil was just pure genius, so respectful, without going over board. Her words, yes i know She has help with these things, but gees where did they come from? why cant we have them? Not a clumsy move yet.

I have no doubt She will do everything in her power to bring in the gun controls. Its just a damn shame 50 people had to die, 50 more seriously injured, and many many more so horribly traumatised...before this could happen. Just like Port Arthur.

Until the world gets this, People will always have an excuse, and thats what it is, an excuse to do bad, from the good side of Facebook today:

"We may have different Religions,
different languages,
different coloured skin,
But we all belong to one Human Race."

Cheers,

and Peace be with you all.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:44 am

Apparently gun shops in NZ reporting a surge in sales.

The inference seems to be that people are getting in before any changes to laws.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:16 am

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/17/australians-are-asking-how-did-we-get-here-well-islamophobia-is-practically-enshrined-as-public-policy
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:59 am

An interesting article from 5 years ago....

https://web.archive.org/web/20140727140346/www.stuff.co.nz/world/middle-east/10310496/A-Kiwi-lads-death-by-drone

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:15 am

"Interesting" only to people like Milo Yiannopoulos who want to distract from (and possibly even give covert support to) the brutal slaughter of innocent people by a right-wing maniac.

(For those who can't be bothered reading the link, there's an unproven claim that one of the mosques that were targeted may have been involved in radicalisation years ago, but it was strenuously denied at the time and there is no clear evidence that it was the case. Guess why it's being shared now?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11   

Jump to: