Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who says white supremacists are stupid?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good article, the twitter comments are so true, social media in general. People write things they just would not say out loud. And the squeaky wheel gets the attention. I had a facebook friend who would rant about Muslims, and would argue black is red for days, so those who diasagreed, no matter how strongly, simply stopped replying, or even looking. Those who agreed egged her on. So they start believing their own shit. Whilst most normal people sit back going WTF! I have a US friend who hunts, but for food. Meat is not cheap there. Whilst I’m not a fan of it I understand it. She post a pic of a dead deer, I let it go, I post a pic of a live duck with the heading this is the correct way to shoot a duck, she lets it go. Not many people change their mind in an argument, holding on just because they don’t want to lose face, so it’s a waste of time. Even face to face! People listen to respond, not to understand or learn.

Social media and like platforms have done so much harm. Bullying, and reinforcing stupid ideas til they seem like good ones. Train surfing to get you tube clicks, sticking fireworks up ya bum! Yeah great idea there.

and then there manipulating photos to be something completely different, a crowd baying for blood that is actually a crowd at a concert, making a small crowd look huge, such as trump did for his ceremony, its all too easy to manipulate an already struggling mind.

And yes, convincing people that a whole group of other people are out to get us.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:39 pm

You can't object to people hunting if they do it for food. A Deer, properly broken down, is meat for a month or 2 for 2 people, a month for a family.

I didn't notice meat was expensive there, but I suppose it's relative as when wages are low, everything is expensive except junk food.

So many people these days have fixed minds on subjects and are stunningly quick to take offence at anything that conflicts with their view, and yes, say things on social media they'd never say face to face

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
You can't object to people hunting if they do it for food. A Deer, properly broken down, is meat for a month or 2 for 2 people, a month for a family.

I didn't notice meat was expensive there, but I suppose it's relative as when wages are low, everything is expensive except junk food.

So many people these days have fixed minds on subjects and are stunningly quick to take offence at anything that conflicts with their view, and yes, say things on social media they'd never say face to face

She lives down south in a very small town,, her marriage broke up a few years ago, she’s been looking after her parents, she’s not really qualified for much, and in some states min wage is still hovering around $10 an hour. There is a massive portion of the community below, well below the poverty line.lot of things in life you don’t like but can have some understanding for.

K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:12 pm

Man sought after alleged assault of Melbourne teenager 'Egg Boy'

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/man-sought-after-alleged-assault-of-melbourne-teenager-egg-boy-20190408-p51byn.html

' "While the 17-year-old boy was being held on the ground, another male has approached and kicked him in the body a number of times."

Police also confirmed both Mr Connolly and Senator Anning were both interviewed and the investigation about the egging remains ongoing.'
K 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:12 pm

'Egg boy' handed caution, Anning cleared after police investigation

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/egg-boy-handed-caution-anning-cleared-after-police-investigation-20190409-p51c8v.html

' "The 17-year-old Hampton boy has been issued with an official caution in relation to the incident. A decision has been made not to charge the 69-year-old man," she said.

"On assessment of all the circumstances, the 69-year-old’s actions were treated as self defence and there was no reasonable prospect of conviction." '

No way that was self defence. A reflex action would have been self defence. He turned around, glared at the kid and then decided he needed revenge. His words afterwards pretty much confirm that. But that may not give a "reasonable prospect" of conviction.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:13 pm

If someone hits me I'm not stopping until the threat is neutralized. In my case I can probably do it without hurting them (pinning/submission holds) but an old dude can't do much other than keep swinging. When you're attacked like that you don't know it was an egg, all he knows is he's been hit from behind and he went into fight mode.

Trying to find fault in Anning because you dislike his politics is ridiculous. The dude who kicked the kid while he was being held down however, that's assault and so is the egging in the first place.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:58 pm

Probably a fair outcome. Agree that the guy who kicked him should have the book thrown at him, though – a dog act, as they say.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:29 pm

Does public video show how hard this kick was?
K 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:20 pm

Police officer filmed 'punching' teen in head at pro-marijuana rally

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/police-officer-filmed-punching-teen-in-head-at-pro-marijuana-rally-20190420-p51fuf.html

The article includes video. The victim and puncher are both female.

"Witnesses said the teen was pulled to the ground by officers during her arrest. When she was eventually led away, she allegedly spat in the face of a female officer, who appears to retaliate with a right hook."

[I think I'd prefer egg on me than spit. Neither is life-threatening though, and the victim was already handcuffed. Again it's about revenge.]
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:46 pm

Given that "egg boy" got a standing ovation, why wouldn't someone try doing it to the PM. And then when eggs are no longer cool they can start with bricks.

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/young-protester-tried-egg-australian-013609275.html
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 2:08 pm

I'm happy to consider rotten vegetables as an intermediary.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 2:49 pm

David wrote:
I'm happy to consider rotten vegetables as an intermediary.

Very Happy Leave vegans out of this.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 2:53 pm

Egging the Prime Minister will only cost votes on the left. Like people voting for Trump because they're sick and tired of the violent, moralistic, petulant left. A few 50/50s would've gone back to the Libs today. Not sure I'm keen on continued moribund centrism but tantrum throwing idiots don't deserve to get their way.
K 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:54 pm

How did it "bounce off" his head without breaking, as the media say? Is there video?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:41 pm

^

Yeah, there is, from 2 different angles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13   

Jump to: