Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who says white supremacists are stupid?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Wikipedia entry on the United Patridiots Front:

"One of the founding members of the group, Erikson came to national prominence for attacking former Labor senator Sam Dastyari in a Melbourne bar, launching a verbal attack in which he called Iranian-born Dastyari, a "terrorist" and a "little monkey" and telling him to "go back home".

Erikson is a neo-Nazi and convicted criminal, whose convictions include assault, inciting contempt against Muslims, stalking, affray and riotous behavior. Along with Cottrell and Shortis, he is associated with the secretive far-right fight club, Lads Society.

Erikson is most notable for a number of public stunts including beheading a dummy outside a Bendigo council office in protest over plans to build a mosque and interrupting a church service at the Gosford Anglican Church, by marching into the church dressed as Jesus Christ, holding a whip."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Patriots_Front

Erikson is, in himself, an irrelevant little nobody. The problem is that an Australian senator keeps turning up at events and thereby lending Erikson's views support:

"In early January 2019, UPF leaders, Erikson and Cottrell, promised to unleash a Cronulla-style race riot on Melbourne.[7] On 5 January, around 100 far-right protesters turned up at St.Kilda beach to stage a rally and were confronted by about 200 anti-racist protesters and a strong police presence.[8][51] Queensland Senator Fraser Anning spoke at the rally.[52]

In Mid March 2019, several UPF members and one of the groups leaders, Neil Erikson were captured on video assaulting a 17 year old boy after the boy egged Queensland senator Fraser Anning while the senator was speaking at a political meeting in the Melbourne suburb of Moorabbin. The video footage, taken by journalists, shows a teenage boy watching Senator Anning before he starts filming with his mobile phone, and then smashes an egg on the back of the senator's head. Senator Anning then threw two punches at the boy, with at least one connecting with the boys head. A number of men, including Erikson and a number of other UPF members then tackle the boy to the ground, choking, kicking and punching the teenager.[53]"
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:26 pm

Quote:
Senator Anning then threw two punches at the boy, with at least one connecting with the boys head.

If whoever edited Wikipedia thinks those half-hearted bitch slaps were punches then I pity them in an actual fight.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:47 pm

^Straight to the periphery.

The only pertinent point is that Anning has turned up in the same place, thousands of miles from his electorate, in the company of the same neo-Nazis twice, so far, this year.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:58 pm

^

it is a fair point though, as is the point elsewhere that encouraging children to assault politicians is not a good thing.

Having said that, Anning is clearly and deliberately playing to the audience he hopes will get him re-elected. he doesn't give a shit what everyone else says, any publicity is good publicity, he has a $200k pa job that he didn't earn or deserve and is understandably keen to hold on to that.

Whether he actually believes everything he says or whether he's just playing to his intended audience i don't really care. Running as an independent he will get more than 19 votes but I'd be quite worried if he actually got elected on merit

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 pm

I bet if I egged Sarah Hanson-Young I wouldn't be getting plaudits from the same people who think this is so awesome. Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Honestly I don’t think too many of us lost any sleep about Alan Joyce copping a pie in the face from an anti-same-sex-marriage protester. Obviously some people are more worthy of being unexpectedly introduced to foodstuffs than others, but it’s all part of being in public life I guess. And I’m against punching Nazis, for what it’s worth.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:53 pm

people being unexpectedly introduced to food stuffs is a basic of old time slap stick comedy.

It's usually however, delivered to the face, not to the back of the head like a cowards punch.

It's not something that should be encouraged as it has been. Next time it might be a kosh or a knife.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:05 pm

Fair point. Happy for Fraser to only get face-on eggings from hereon!
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:31 pm

^ hmmm.........

Man who threw egg at PM to face court

Ms Gillard was entering the ABC studios in East Perth about 9.30am (WST) on Friday when a man threw the egg, missing her and hitting a policewoman in the back.

Police swiftly subdued a 55-year-old man from North Beach in the city's north.

The man has been served with a summons to face court on a charge of common assault over the incident, WA police say.

The man is due to appear in Perth Magistrates Court on August 18.

Ms Gillard laughed off Friday's egg-throwing incident and apologised to the policewoman who was splattered instead of her.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/man-who-threw-egg-at-pm-to-face-court

Egg-hurler fined for assault on PM in Perth

A Perth man who threw an egg at Prime Minister Julia Gillard but instead hit a police officer has been fined $1200 after pleading guilty to common assault.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/egghurler-fined-for-assault-on-pm-in-perth-20100818-12dbl.html

So he didn't even hit her with the egg and was charged and fined for common assault 🤔
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:40 pm

And now it really has become astoundingly trivial - a discussion about whether unelectable white supremacists should be egged to the back of the head or to the face.

Whatever happened to cutting out their livers with rusty spoons?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:03 pm

^ no it's not trivial at all in the greater scheme of things.

I spent several years working in the high dependency neurosurgery unit at RMH - so many head injuries that changed people's life's ( one example an electrician who could still function on the whole but lost his trade due to the acquired brain injury) and most of them were as a result of assaults borne of "differences of opinion" - and most were not crims, not gang related or drug related just good old disagreements.

Yep it was only an egg on this occassion - but is the ' it's ok if they are..... Or they say..... really the right message to send???
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:09 pm

So, are you saying it does makes a difference if he's egged to the back of the head, rather than the face?
K 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:21 pm

Back of the head is safer, I reckon. Face could possibly (highly unlikely, of course) lead to a bit of shell lacerating an eye.

Cracking the egg on someone is much, much, much safer than throwing it. (Not that throwing it is any more dangerous than throwing a water balloon.)
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:23 pm

I'm glad we cleared that up. What's the verdict on livers and rusty spoons?
K 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:26 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I'm glad we cleared that up. What's the verdict on livers and rusty spoons?

Have to be sure the target has a liver, first. It's known the target has a tongue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13   

Jump to: