Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Transgender politics and social issues

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be no dissent in the coming LBGTQIA+ utopia:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/education/virginia-teacher-fired-for-refusing-to-use-trans-students-pronouns
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:53 am

Why do you say that?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:25 am

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
There will be no dissent in the coming LBGTQIA+ utopia:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/education/virginia-teacher-fired-for-refusing-to-use-trans-students-pronouns

Correct decision. You shouldn't be a teacher if you're going to put your own personal prejudices ahead of students' needs, and this teacher made it quite clear that he was unwilling to do otherwise.

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:57 am

Funny. From my reading of the article the teacher seemed prepared to compromise between his religious convictions and the school's newly implemented speech codes.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:20 pm

He wasn't in a position to compromise – he screwed up and blatantly flouted school policy, and subsequently had the option of either apologising and making a commitment to treat the student respectfully in future or shipping out. All he could offer instead was a half-arsed 'compromise' in which he would avoid pronoun use altogether. Good riddance. No school (or, for that matter, workplace) should put up with that.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:10 pm

I don't have a problem with that, my issue isn't with Transgender people but with the unfair physical advantage males who transition to females have when playing competitive sport against females.

The teacher was being a douche, if the girl wanted to be called a boy, who the hell does that hurt? Even if you don't agree with it, deliberately calling the kid a girl is just hurting the kid at a time that would be difficult enough.

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:17 pm

Quote:
He wasn't in a position to compromise – he screwed up and blatantly flouted school policy...

So if a teacher at a Catholic school announces that they're gay, they would need to go as well? After all, we mustn't flout school policy.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:19 pm

One day you'll finally get me, sts. One day. Wink
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:30 pm

[

…You think Contra looks like a regular chick……..did you do human anatomy? If so please don’t get a pilot’s licence.
Lets look at a few things: hands, teeth, laryngeal prominence, voice and body language, still anatomically female? Ask a doctor if they can spot the difference. (quote)

Come to SE Asia. it is a regional sport. Ladyboy spotting. Thedre is a notorios street called Soi 6 in Pattaya and Nana Plaza in Bangkok. Both have a mix of natural born women, pre op and post op ladyboys. Great fun watching from the safety of the bar stool watching blokes take their professional girlfriend back to their hotel. Some are warned at reception that things are not what they seem. Others find out in the room, others when they wake up in the morning and the girlfriend needs a shave. Some never find out and others do not care.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:47 pm

Is it fair to assume that a large number of the ladyboys are young gay men doing it for the money or is there something else going on?
ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:14 am

stui magpie wrote:
Is it fair to assume that a large number of the ladyboys are young gay men doing it for the money or is there something else going on?

The ones on the game tend to be aggressive and yes in it for the money. Snatch gold necklaces and pick pocket because they either want the cut and tuck or Brendans ( Bolt ons). Or to pay for drugs.

They actually have ladyboy gogos here. They are not in the gay area.

One I knew who has since died of cancer was very feminine. But would tell people she was ladyboy before it got serious. She was barfined a lot and a lot of fun to talk to. She even shared my girlfriens flat for a while and when her grangma died reverted to a boy and pinched a shit load of my clothes I had left there and I never got them back. She made enough money to have the operation and apparently a lot of customers complained.

Others just get married or become live ins with Thais and foreigners. But the pressure to provide money for Mum and Dad gets a lot and they make a lot more working in bars than picking rice, From waht I have been hold a lot of the men in Boystown have wives and families and dance on stage and get drinks then go home. If the money is right they will go with a customer. The indochina countries, Phillipines, Hong Kong and parts of Indonesia are the same.

If you can get hold a book called Bangkok Warriors read it. It is one of the funniest I have read, lol stuff. Set during the Vietnam war it has sub plots all through it and is based in US conscripts working in Bangkok. The narrator is meant to be a Thai copper whose underling decides to leave the force and become a ladyboy because his sisters are ugly and he is prettier and he wants to buy Mama a new house. And they send him to a charm school to learn how to walk on high heels etc. I lent it to an ex Nasho and he denied it and I never got it back.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:48 am

Wow Ronrat. That’s fascinating. Sad too though... this is how I felt about Bali, and why I’m in no hurry to return, life, human or animal just seems to not matter enough.. I’m guessing there isn’t much of a pension scheme?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:49 pm

Woods wrote:
(NB. Peterson will be in Aust in Feb. Word I've heard is that an AFL club(s) is looking at getting him in to talk to players. He won't be got cheap though, I would think. Guys on a global roll.)

My guess is Carlton.

Apparently Chris Judd is a big fan of his.

K 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:58 pm

Talk about what? That's astonishing. Truly astonishing.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:13 pm

On the one hand, it's hard to imagine that controversy-averse, highly image-conscious AFL clubs would ever consider hiring someone like Peterson as a motivational speaker (and you'd have to think there'll be some sort of backlash if it gets publicly announced). On the other, he can't be that much worse than all of the other gurus and quacks that they usually turn to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13   

Jump to: