Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Women in sport

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:10 am
Post subject: Women in sportReply with quote

<split from "Transgender athletes" thread>

<snip>

AWFL is pathetic. Chicks just aren't meant to play it, it's a mans game. Now, soccer on the other hand... we've all seen these soft cocks rolling on the ground, faking shit... carrying on like girls basically. That's because, it's a girls sport Exclamation

Check out Sam Kerr, she is better than most blokes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=MvdHxt_hRhE

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

And boys/men should not be able to play netball as it is a female game Laughing Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:11 pm

I don't disagree that it's a pretty bad spectacle at the moment, but that's down to skills IMHO.

The women are really physical and have a real dip, that's not the problem. The problem is with most teams made up of a combination of imports from other sports and previous amateurs who played in local comps for shits and giggles, none of them having gone through a pathway playing the game through their teens to adult hood because one didn't exist until now.

The AFL went too early and is now paying for it. The talent pool of skilled female footballers just isn't there.The women are having a fair dinkum crack and getting belted on social media when it's not their fault.

The AFLW will take 3-5 years to really pick up. It's a chicken and egg scenario as to whether all the girls currently joining in the new pathways would be there if it wasn't for AFLW as a goal or whether the AFL should have put the pathways in place for a few years first.

On women's sport in general, I'm not a massive fan. I don't watch mens soccer, golf or Bball so I'm not going to watch the women playing. I've seen a little of thewomens cricket and I reckon there's a few there who could compete against the men, but it just doesn't hold the same attraction for me.

About the only time I'll deliberately watch women's sport is the Olympics.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:14 pm

Not many people express themselves that way. For you I will consider it.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:25 pm

I am a big fan of womens golf. That is now full of some cutie asian women is just a coincidence.

Went to the Thai LPGA a few years ago which is held about 10 km from me. A neighbour took me and his Thai wife who knew nothing about golf, We were watching outside a beer tent when a group including Michelle Wie came past and the Thai girl said to us "They let ladyboy play". Michelle heard and turned around and whilst my mate was trying to apologise she just laughed and said"Hear it all the time here. Some of them are good lookers". (the players stay at the Dusit which is very close to the Alcatraz Lady Boy cabaret which is next to very large shopping mall)

Peter Donegan commentates every year and I managed to have a chat to him about the Magpies as he is a Pies fan when he went to get some food. He stays at the Dusit as well and said he quite often chaperones the girls around at night if they want to leave the resort.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:39 pm

For AWFuL...

Maybe they should; reduce the size of the ground (125m long maximum), make the centre square smaller to suit. Get rid of the half forward and half back flankers, along with one midfielder (so 13 a side start on the ground) and have 10 on the bench (you've dropped 5 off the starting line up, so it's essentially a 5 man bench compared to today).

I really don't care, will never watch it.... unless Aria plays Wink.

Jokes aside, it is not a sport for girls to play, in its current format, simple really.

Just like I don't iron anything.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:42 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
And boys/men should not be able to play netball as it is a female game Laughing Laughing

All the golden boys, can play whatever they want to xxx

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:44 pm

i just cant watch soccer! dont care who is playing, it bores the crap out of me.ditto golf. Ive tried to watch the womens AFL but its just terrible! slow, low skills, lucky to see 2 marks in a row. And i know a couple of listed players and a few in the minor leagues! I still like to watch a good game of local top level Netball, Junior played in a cracker tonight, but the big time leaves me cold, too clinical.

Dont mind a bit of baseball or basketball but only the big games. or live in the US, but thats more about the atmosphere than the game. and mens not the womans!

Ill watch Serena Williams play every day of the week, but thats pretty much it for tennis, but then the mens ill only really watch the finals or Nadal play.

Ill watch our VFL team, but come footy season i could plonk on the couch for every single AFL game! not keen on geeeelong games, but i watch em if they are losing! mens AFL is the only sport i never say no too! i just love it!

and i just realized i have absolutely no idea what this thread is about! cheers

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:42 pm

Why don't they play 5 sets in tennis?
Why do they have a ladies T off point closer to the pin in golf?
Why is their shotput 4kg lighter
Why is their discus smaller and half the weight?
Why is their Javelin 25% lighter and shorter?
Why is the basketball they use, 10mm smaller in circumference?

They want equality... don't they Confused

A sensible approach to equality in sports would be to acknowledge differences between men and women.
Men are more interested in sports than women.
Men are better at sports than women.
We acknowledge the second reality through the very existence of women’s sports. We acknowledge the first reality in how we act.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:24 pm

You can’t generalise like that!

On the one hand you acknowledge men and women are different, and then You compare them! Make your mind up!

Different is not necessarily bad, worse, bettter, wrong, it’s just different.

Men’s real advantages are strength, the ability to move muscles in a different way, and comparative speed.

But you ain’t never giving birth! Or doing more than one thing at a time! Twisted Evil

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:56 pm

think positive wrote:
But you ain’t never giving birth! Or doing more than one thing at a time! Twisted Evil

Childbirth! De Goey just rolled his ankle and you want talk about childbirth! Get some perspective woman!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:31 pm

think positive wrote:

I had an abdominal ultrasound today. I asked the radiographer if she could tell the sex of the baby, she laughed and said neither of us were making money that way today.

She did find 2 small hernias though. I'll have to wait til I see the GP to know what that means.

As far as the myth that men can't multitask, I'm as capable as any woman of doing multiple things badly at once. In the evenings I can watch TV while using the PC with multiple browser tabs open, drink red wine, smoke cigarettes and fart.

Beat that for multitasking. Razz

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:16 pm

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/aflw-nicole-livingstone-looks-to-a-day-when-footy-is-genderless/news-story/37776affe545fa716daec5440f93a8f9?nk=ee17029581e25307a1ae65f87d1862a9-1550214920

AFLW: Nicole Livingstone looks to a day when footy is genderless

Fiona Bollen
Swoop editor
@FiBollen
12:00AM February 7, 2019
95 Comments

For Nicole Livingstone, the final destination for women’s AFL is for that word “women’s” to be discarded and to have footy genderless. The AFL’s head of women’s football wants people to watch their club and not be caught in debate about the male game versus the female game.

From another bumper opening weekend last week, a picture emerged that captured just that.

Young girls cheer wildly as a Geelong player stops during the game’s action, but the background also stood out for Livingstone.
Read Next

“If you take the time to look at that photo, the little girls are getting so excited … but if you look a row higher, there’s a dad in there and his face is absolutely lit up with pride and joy,” she said.

“Whether it’s pride and joy of his club guernsey running around with female players or whether it’s seeing the impact that it has on young girls, that for me sums it up.”

The season-openers last Saturday were both decided by one point and plenty of people were there to see them. Nearly 20,000 were at GMHBA Stadium for Geelong against Collingwood and 375,000 people tuned in on Channel 7. When Adelaide took on Western Bulldogs next, 256,000 were watching.

It was evidence AFLW is doing something right.

“I think AFLW is on a journey and I don’t think it is at its final destination,” Livingstone said.

“An opening weekend in season three like we’ve had gives us confidence that we’re on the right path.

“For me the final destination when it comes to football is that, yes, we have female players and we have male players but when we watch footy, we’re seeing footy. And we’re seeing athletes and we’re seeing players.”

Livingstone is not interested in trying to convince the naysayers to get on board with AFLW but is instead after the fathers, mothers, their daughters, even their sons. Anyone who could influence a young girl to pick up a Sherrin.

That thinking is behind the GenW campaign, which features people from all levels of football with a particular focus on grassroots where AFLW has had a huge impact, most noticeably in non-traditional states like NSW/ACT where club participation is up more than 40 per cent.

“With those girls and women going to footy clubs, it’s not just females who are getting involved but it’s males who are getting involved,” Livingstone said.

“That is GenW; it represented everybody that loves footy and everybody that loves women’s footy. That’s male, female, young, old or anything in between.”

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:44 pm

Bucks5 wrote:
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/aflw-nicole-livingstone-looks-to-a-day-when-footy-is-genderless/news-story/37776affe545fa716daec5440f93a8f9?nk=ee17029581e25307a1ae65f87d1862a9-1550214920

AFLW: Nicole Livingstone looks to a day when footy is genderless

Fiona Bollen
Swoop editor
@FiBollen
12:00AM February 7, 2019
95 Comments

For Nicole Livingstone, the final destination for women’s AFL is for that word “women’s” to be discarded and to have footy genderless. The AFL’s head of women’s football wants people to watch their club and not be caught in debate about the male game versus the female game.

From another bumper opening weekend last week, a picture emerged that captured just that.

Young girls cheer wildly as a Geelong player stops during the game’s action, but the background also stood out for Livingstone.
Read Next

“If you take the time to look at that photo, the little girls are getting so excited … but if you look a row higher, there’s a dad in there and his face is absolutely lit up with pride and joy,” she said.

“Whether it’s pride and joy of his club guernsey running around with female players or whether it’s seeing the impact that it has on young girls, that for me sums it up.”

The season-openers last Saturday were both decided by one point and plenty of people were there to see them. Nearly 20,000 were at GMHBA Stadium for Geelong against Collingwood and 375,000 people tuned in on Channel 7. When Adelaide took on Western Bulldogs next, 256,000 were watching.

It was evidence AFLW is doing something right.

“I think AFLW is on a journey and I don’t think it is at its final destination,” Livingstone said.

“An opening weekend in season three like we’ve had gives us confidence that we’re on the right path.

“For me the final destination when it comes to football is that, yes, we have female players and we have male players but when we watch footy, we’re seeing footy. And we’re seeing athletes and we’re seeing players.”

Livingstone is not interested in trying to convince the naysayers to get on board with AFLW but is instead after the fathers, mothers, their daughters, even their sons. Anyone who could influence a young girl to pick up a Sherrin.

That thinking is behind the GenW campaign, which features people from all levels of football with a particular focus on grassroots where AFLW has had a huge impact, most noticeably in non-traditional states like NSW/ACT where club participation is up more than 40 per cent.

“With those girls and women going to footy clubs, it’s not just females who are getting involved but it’s males who are getting involved,” Livingstone said.

“That is GenW; it represented everybody that loves footy and everybody that loves women’s footy. That’s male, female, young, old or anything in between.”

No, so wrong.

When we watch AFL, we see, supreme football players. If you watch awfl, and I watched 10 minutes of the Nth v GWS game today, you are watching something that resembles AFL as much as putt putt resembles the British Open... it is serious garbage!

The insistence to continue with this low grade crap is ridiculous.

The biggest gripe I have is that it clogs channel 504, a service I pay good money for! If they want to persist, fine, just put it elsewhere. It has no place on an AFL channel, not even close to being worthy.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Nicole should stick to swimming!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: