Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Possible positional changes in 2019

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:29 pm
Post subject: Re: Possible positional changes in 2019Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
You get the feeling that if we have a good run with injury and go into the early rounds with nearly a full list to choose from, we may see some re-deployment of key players into new positions. I guess the domino affect of one player moving has resultant changes on other players potential spots. Here are a few examples:

* Scott Pendlebury: with a September period inhibited by illness, I can't help but feel that it may be time to preserve and extend his career with a move to the half back flank. Similar to what Clarko did with Hodge and Mitchell in their latter premiership years. With Dayne Beams return and most likely a full time mid field berth, it may be best for Pendles to make the switch.

* Jordan DeGoey: if Jamie Elliott comes back (yes it's an if), it may pave the way to move Jordan to the midfield. Last season's Queens Birthday match was an exciting sample size of seeing what Jordan can when given an extensive run at it on then ball. 30+ possessions and 10 clearances saw him set up our win in the most dynamic fashion. Reckon a 70:30 split between mid and forward should be a great balance.

* Tim Broomhead: I have posted previously that I can visualise him providing excellent drive out of a back pocket role. With limited spots in the mid-field and forward available, 2019 is Tim's final chance to prove himself and avoid delisting. Like Chris Mayne whom lost 4-6 kg and re-invented himself on the wing in 2018, Tim needs to find a niche position that we are lacking success in and aim to cement himself there. He has good hands, feet and skills but as many have posted, lacks the physical presence and shoulder strength to absorb 100 minutes on the ball.

* Darcy Moore: not going out on a limb here, but hopefully the smaple size down back has solidified tht

Thoughts?
tTim Broomhead??? You are kidding I Hope???I wouldn’t have him within number 35 picked. That’s how bad we’d need to be going. I was hoping he’d be delisted and this argument would never happen again.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:33 am
Post subject: Re: Possible positional changes in 2019Reply with quote

mudlark wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
You get the feeling that if we have a good run with injury and go into the early rounds with nearly a full list to choose from, we may see some re-deployment of key players into new positions. I guess the domino affect of one player moving has resultant changes on other players potential spots. Here are a few examples:

* Scott Pendlebury: with a September period inhibited by illness, I can't help but feel that it may be time to preserve and extend his career with a move to the half back flank. Similar to what Clarko did with Hodge and Mitchell in their latter premiership years. With Dayne Beams return and most likely a full time mid field berth, it may be best for Pendles to make the switch.

* Jordan DeGoey: if Jamie Elliott comes back (yes it's an if), it may pave the way to move Jordan to the midfield. Last season's Queens Birthday match was an exciting sample size of seeing what Jordan can when given an extensive run at it on then ball. 30+ possessions and 10 clearances saw him set up our win in the most dynamic fashion. Reckon a 70:30 split between mid and forward should be a great balance.

* Tim Broomhead: I have posted previously that I can visualise him providing excellent drive out of a back pocket role. With limited spots in the mid-field and forward available, 2019 is Tim's final chance to prove himself and avoid delisting. Like Chris Mayne whom lost 4-6 kg and re-invented himself on the wing in 2018, Tim needs to find a niche position that we are lacking success in and aim to cement himself there. He has good hands, feet and skills but as many have posted, lacks the physical presence and shoulder strength to absorb 100 minutes on the ball.

* Darcy Moore: not going out on a limb here, but hopefully the smaple size down back has solidified tht

Thoughts?
tTim Broomhead??? You are kidding I Hope???I wouldn’t have him within number 35 picked. That’s how bad we’d need to be going. I was hoping he’d be delisted and this argument would never happen again.

sadly, i think he is being serious. He has two main problems. One, he doesn't have many ideas and secondly, those ideas are usually brickheaded....

E 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

MOD's should we shut down this lunacy? what a dumb thread.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
MOD's should we shut down this lunacy? what a dumb thread.

Concerned. You're not well Eric

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: