Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US election 2020

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you hope wins the US Election?
Trump
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Biden
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Don't Care
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, only the Australian flag is banned on here. Razz
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:34 pm

The Confederate Flag is too, well I got told to take it down anyway Laughing

https://babylonbee.com/news/coronavirus-polling-higher-than-all-dem-candidates?fbclid=IwAR3isl4Aq81cCAWACqh5fUoKQPBNOYx2o31o8Of2LBPEN17wty0HPi0eTVU
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:46 pm

I know I shouldn't care this much, but god I'm pumped for the Iowa caucus. They're voting on Monday, and results should be in around mid-Tuesday afternoon our time. Bring it home, Bernard.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:17 pm

What are the odds of him living until inauguration?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:22 pm

You thinking heart failure or sniper from a grassy knoll? Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:15 pm

Jesus, they’re getting desperate. This is one of the lamest smear attempts I’ve ever seen:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bernie-sanders-described-segregationist-george-wallace-as-sensitive-in-1972-article

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:57 pm

It's a confusing smear, he's saying that people vote for that guy because he listens to what they want and gives it to them. He's not saying that he himself is a segregationist, he's saying that the people who voted in the 60s-80s in Alabama were and this politician is listening to the desires of the people.

Seems pretty straight forward but yeah, I can hear the attempted dog whistle from here. The establishment still hasn't learned after Trump that these smear attempts just galvanize support, proving that it's candidate vs establishment.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:54 pm

^ Precisely! Every time Clinton (or someone else) has tried to stick the knife in, it's like it's just increased his support base. Seems like they haven't learned anything from 2016.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:02 pm

David wrote:
You thinking heart failure or sniper from a grassy knoll? Laughing

He's already had recent heart surgery and is 5 years older than Trump.

Trump gets the wisearse remarks bout senility and dementia, but ole weekend Bernie turns 80 next year. Trump will be 78 or 79 when his second term as POTUS runs out.

Do you really want an 80 year old running anything other than a mobility scooter?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:09 pm

Age is obviously a factor in this stuff – they're all old men – but cognitive decline is far from uniform. Trump and Biden are both obviously sundowning; Sanders still seems to have his faculties in good order. Watch them at debates and you'll see a clear difference (Biden stumbling over words and Trump going off on random tangents and losing his train of thought as opposed to Sanders' quick wit). I honestly don't know if Sanders can manage more than one term in office, but so long as he makes a good VP choice it won't matter (personally, I'm hoping he gives the nod to Rashida Tlaib: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfXd-NPfFDE).

Also, if we're talking physical health, have you seen Trump lately? His McDonald's-only diet is only going to take him so far, one suspects.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:15 pm

I think you've fallen for lefty memes about Trump losing it, watch him at a rally; he's very high energy.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:26 pm

Thank god that the Democrats are the party of the people and not just a party for the rich like the Republicans. Oh, wait, they've just changed the debate rules to accommodate a billionaire:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/us/politics/dnc-democratic-debate-rules.html

Remember kids, whether a politician is from the left or from the right, they'll all get on their knees for Wall St. cash.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:38 pm

On one level, it totally stinks; on another, I guess it makes sense to have all the major candidates on the stage. But yeah, some talk that Bloomberg is going to get the nod as their man to take down Sanders if Biden falls apart (most likely via a brokered convention).
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:41 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Thank god that the Democrats are the party of the people and not just a party for the rich like the Republicans. Oh, wait, they've just changed the debate rules to accommodate a billionaire:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/us/politics/dnc-democratic-debate-rules.html

Remember kids, whether a politician is from the left or from the right, they'll all get on their knees for Wall St. cash.

It is an interesting thought though, that by funding his own campaign and deliberately not asking for donations, he's not beholding to anyone. no carpet rash on the knees and no spillage on the blue dress.

David wrote:
Age is obviously a factor in this stuff – they're all old men – but cognitive decline is far from uniform. Trump and Biden are both obviously sundowning; Sanders still seems to have his faculties in good order. Watch them at debates and you'll see a clear difference (Biden stumbling over words and Trump going off on random tangents and losing his train of thought as opposed to Sanders' quick wit). I honestly don't know if Sanders can manage more than one term in office, but so long as he makes a good VP choice it won't matter (personally, I'm hoping he gives the nod to Rashida Tlaib: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfXd-NPfFDE).

Also, if we're talking physical health, have you seen Trump lately? His McDonald's-only diet is only going to take him so far, one suspects.

I tend to concur with Wokko, methinks you're getting a tad sucked into seeing what you want to see here.

Case in point, his supposed Maccas only diet.

https://theculturetrip.com/north-america/usa/articles/this-is-what-donald-trump-eats-in-a-day/

https://www.mashed.com/98969/president-eats/

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:53 pm

^ I read the first piece, and Jesus ... that's supposed to be good? Shocked I know I desperately need try to improve my diet, but even I eat better than that.

Speaking of Bloomberg not being beholden to anyone, guess who donated the maximum possible amount to the Democratic Party mere days before announcing his candidacy...

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z3bmjx/mike-bloomberg-gave-the-dnc-dollar300000-two-days-before-he-entered-the-race

Sanders, on the other hand, primarily takes small donations from individual voters, so I guess you could say he's beholden to them. What a notion!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 22 of 85   

Jump to: