Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US election 2020

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you hope wins the US Election?
Trump
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Biden
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Don't Care
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Little to disagree with there. I don’t know precisely how dodgy Biden’s son’s dealings in Ukraine were, but that he should never have had such a lucrative position in a foreign export company – as someone with no relevant work experience in the area and a family connection to a sitting US Vice-President – is obvious. Of course this sort of stuff happens all the time with kids of the rich and powerful, but it’s about time someone pointed out how shockingly corrupt it is.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:04 pm

Got to say, it’s a reminder of the weaknesses of a presidential system when a country’s entire hope for political progress rests on a 78-year-old’s heart holding up.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/bernie-sanders-suffered-a-heart-attack-campaign-reveals-20191005-p52xwa.html

Get well soon, Bernie! But hard to think his campaign can survive this.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:38 pm

I don't like Bernie's politics, but I wish him well in his recovery.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:33 pm

Communism isn't progress, still, get well soon Bernie.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:45 am

I respect Sanders and wish him well. This might strengthen Warren's hand, especially if she ends up with Bernie's blessing. Warren supported by Yang or Buttigieg would be a worthwhile ticket.

Here's still hoping Ukraine and Trump's dissociative narcissism do in both Trump and Biden.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:59 pm

David wrote:
Little to disagree with there. I don’t know precisely how dodgy Biden’s son’s dealings in Ukraine were, but that he should never have had such a lucrative position in a foreign export company – as someone with no relevant work experience in the area and a family connection to a sitting US Vice-President – is obvious. Of course this sort of stuff happens all the time with kids of the rich and powerful, but it’s about time someone pointed out how shockingly corrupt it is.

Firstly David everyone (apart from Trump apologists) agree that Hunter Biden has NO CASE to answer and continuing to suggest otherwise is partisan in the extreme! Goebbels talked about the BIG LIE and here you are adding to that miss-informed bullshit! You are complicit in spreading FAKE NEWS as is the lowest commentator on Breitbart or InfoWars!! ....

Anything to say on this blatant piece of nepotism from a sitting US President? https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/28/business/ivanka-trump-china-trademarks.html

Last edited by 3.14159 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:24 pm

I’m not even outraged about all these rich politicians’ kids getting plum deals, tbh. It’s just the way of the world. But sure, move along, nothing to see here... Rolling Eyes

BTW, here’s an article addressing your points from the far-right, Trump apologist newspaper The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/05/we-need-to-talk-about-hunter-biden

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:46 pm

The gist of that story is if history teaches anything it is that Trump will try every dirty trick in his arsenal to personally attack and destroy his political rivals! As Biden as has been targeted he best leave the race for Warren or Sanders! So what? I personally don't care who the Dems run but is Biden to lie down because he is the latest to be picked on by this amoral Orange bully/nutjob? If he does Warren is back in gunsights or Sanders, (though he can barely stand) or the next one etc etc! Or should he stand up for himself, "to be or not to be" ? This kind of grubby political process has no place in a Free Democracy and until we take up arms against this sea of B*ullshit can we do away with it!!!
btw That article addresses NONE of my of points and your observation that iyo all politicians kids are corrupt totally deflects from the point about the dissemination of false accusations!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:34 pm

Honestly, I think you care about this way more than I do. I think the US mainstream media’s rush to declare Hunter’s innocence is pretty gross, but not unexpected, and the whole backstory of his dealings in China and Ukraine is way too tangled and arcane for me to be overly emotionally invested in it. What stands out for me most is how normal all of this is in the realm of international business – rich guys’ sons mysteriously appearing on foreign company boards, making a few million and then disappearing somewhere else. Happens every day in every country; it’s just an example of the corrupt capitalist world we live in, where your family name is a winning tattslotto ticket in the game of life while the majority of us schlubs work hard all our lives just to get by (or not).

Anyway, before you go accusing me of being a fascist Trump apologist again, I do support the impeachment as a matter of principle, even though I think it’s mostly a waste of energy that has zero hope of succeeding.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:25 am

He will get impeached in the House and cleared in the Senate.
He then gets to portray this as an attempt by a few members of the deep state working with Schiff to take down a sitting President.

The Dems have another crushing beat down by Trump and his base will now walk through walls to vote.

Without something new there is no scenario Trump doesn't win.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:28 am

Also what they're accusing Trump of, Biden actually did. Used his influence and withholding of US funds to get an investigation into his son shut down and the prosecution fired. The narrative should be about Biden's corruption, not Trump wanting to get it looked into.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:17 pm

http://dlvr.it/RFfBt8
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:37 pm

So Hillary Clinton just played the "Russian Agent" card against Tulsi Gabbard, obviously internal polling has them worried. Gabbard responded calling Hillary Clinton the “the queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long."

Laughing
roar 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:55 pm

Ha, that's brilliant!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:34 pm

Clinton is such a loathsome person. Really wish she’d just go away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 9 of 85   

Jump to: