Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US election 2020

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you hope wins the US Election?
Trump
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Biden
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Don't Care
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Surely Trump throws all notions of precedent out the window, doesn’t he? I think he’s a 50/50 chance of winning again – incumbency is a big advantage – but I suspect it’ll be a close one regardless of whoever he’s up against.

Don't over estimate the anti Trumpers. They may be louder than normal, doesn't mean there's more than usual or that they have any impact

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:22 am

The way I see it, about 40–50% of Americans hate Trump. Another 40+% love him, or, at any rate, would never vote against him. In such a polarised landscape, it’s hard to imagine anything flipping the likely 50/50 outcome other than a really inept/unpopular Democratic candidate or one who is so immensely popular that they cut across traditional political divides and/or pulls in a lot of non-voters.

For me, Biden’s unlikely to fall into the latter category but at least somewhat of a chance to make the first category due to his declining mental state. Most of the others are unlikely to make either – which means, they very much could win, but it’s equally conceivable they don’t; it’s a 50–50 bet. Only Sanders, I think, can put together a new coalition of voters (ranging from the many who stayed home last time to centrists who just want to get rid of Trump) and win big. All of this is total speculation and nobody knows how any of this is going to pan out, really, but that’s how I see it.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:05 pm

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/08/support-for-biden-is-an-irresponsible-gamble-with-our-future

Quote:
It’s surely not a sign of Biden’s supposed “electability” that even those currently committed to him feel compelled to do so out of necessity rather than enthusiasm. It’s also yet another indication that the way mainstream pundits and strategists believe elections are won is fundamentally misguided. In 2000, 2004, and 2016 Democrats nominated elite-friendly candidates with middle of the road politics—supposedly the secret formula for electoral success —and lost entirely winnable elections. Yet the myth persists that “centrism” and “pragmatism” are synonymous, that there is something more appealing about having less ambitious politics. This was the case Jill Biden tried to make when she suggested that even if other candidates have better platforms than her husband, he remains the best option for fighting Trump.

The more we see of 2020 Biden, the less plausible that seems. In fact, it’s beginning to look like it would be a colossal struggle to push Joe over the finish line. Trump remains unpopular, but Biden looks like an incredibly risky gamble, a man who will find it impossible to stay on-message, who could flounder and forget his lines at critical moments, and who will be pushing an agenda very few Americans feel remotely enthusiastic about.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:57 pm

Joe Biden continues to fall apart before our eyes...

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/09/joe-biden-debate-answer.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/09/05/joe_bidens_eye_appears_to_fill_with_blood_during_cnn_climate_change_town_hall.html#!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dental-malfunction-concerns-over-bidens-teeth-as-he-struggles-to-answer-debate-question

They'll be wheeling him in Weekend at Bernie's style soon (no offence to the actual Bernie, who, despite his even more advanced age, still seems to have his basic faculties).

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:59 pm

David wrote:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/09/05/joe_bidens_eye_appears_to_fill_with_blood_during_cnn_climate_change_town_hall.html#!

They'll be wheeling him in Weekend at Bernie's style soon (no offence to the actual Bernie, who, despite his even more advanced age, still seems to have his basic faculties).

Is Joe Biden one of the lizard people? Laughing Shocked Laughing

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:14 pm

I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure that lizards still have a beating heart and functioning brain, so I doubt it!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogo3E9fTF48
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:39 am

You can see the election debate now: Trump in a straitjacket being sedated by psychiatrists, and Biden in a wheelchair with a rug over his lap.

The more mentally disturbed and senile the better, apparently.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:34 pm

No wonder so many don't bother to vote - does it ever stop? Seems the campaigning and associated carp starts almost immediately after they elect a President FFS Rolling Eyes
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:29 pm

^

Problem is, the Democarps, like the Federal Labor Party, don't seem to understand why they lost the last election and have learned nothing from it. They're in a river in Egypt and that means they're easy prey.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:35 pm

Morrigu wrote:
No wonder so many don't bother to vote - does it ever stop? Seems the campaigning and associated carp starts almost immediately after they elect a President FFS Rolling Eyes

Pretty much! And the midterm elections also swing around two years in, so it's a never-ending circus in the US now.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:09 pm

Tulsi's back!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/52178/tulsi-gabbard-qualifies-upcoming-presidential-molly-prince?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mattwalsh
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:26 pm

Good news! Look forward to her going after some of the empty vessels on stage like last time. The only downside is that rich opportunist Tom Steyer also making it. But maybe having six people each across two nights will make for some more interesting debates, because the last one was dull as dishwater.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:36 pm

Good to see her back in the fold.
Pies2020 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:01 pm

Dems fail to answer basic questions about corruption:
https://youtu.be/5nutIj0Lx5k

Biden camp trying to silence criticism:
https://youtu.be/QjT_haowahY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 8 of 85   

Jump to: