Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

New Years resolutions.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David,
If taking the baby I would recommend Fiji. Small kids don't travel that easy and it only 4 hours away. Places on the main island like the Naviti have incredible kids clubs. Basically do stuff like face painting, pool parties, kids meal times where they get pizza, ice cream , fish fingers and fruit and games rooms. We had a beer there once and one bloke said he hadn't seen any of his kids for days. They were up at 7, home by 8 and asleep 5 minutes later.The baby was being hand balled between the female Fijian ladies working around the bar. Babysitters are cheap (usually staff who get a few bucks and can watch TV ) while you can go out to dinner. Everyone speaks English and some good tours available. Not as cheap as Bali but certainly safer. And Bali is bogan city in Kuta. South East Asia is daunting for a baby as itis very hot and humid and outside of Singapore English is not always understood and traffic, except Laos, is chaotic.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:17 pm

luvdids wrote:
David wrote:
I have a list as long as my arm of basic stuff Im failing to do right now and that Id like to be doing. But the ultimate goal is to travel overseas at the end of the year. Its about time I finally ventured outside the country for the first time (going to Queensland doesnt officially count!)

Where would you want to go first? I often daydream about other places to go.
Can give you tips on NZ (both islands), Vietnam, Cambodia, Japan, London (been twice), Paris (been twice), parts of the US, Fiji, Italy, Dubai.

Now you've got me thinking about where to next! Maybe Singapore. Or Canada. Or Spain. Or the northern lights in Norway. Hmmm.

Europes definitely a big one! Anywhere Scandinavia (particularly Finland) and France are top of the list, but also the UK, Portugal, Germany, Switzerland, Greece and Ukraine. Beyond Europe, Id love to see places like Iran, Sri Lanka, South Korea, Armenia, Ethiopia, Greenland, Mexico and Chile and yes, even the USA! Smile

Realistically, I suspect my maiden trip overseas will either be to Auckland (where my sisters just moved) or Toronto (where Lolas parents are). Neither are the most exotic destinations, I guess, but Im sure either will be a big adventure in its own right. Will certainly take up your offer if I end up in NZ, thanks! Smile

Last edited by David on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:23 pm

^

Or Tonga for many of the same reasons.

I remember going there when I was 12 on a boat cruise with my parents, we got army trucks to a coral beach and the local late teens guide was fascinated with my (then) white blonde hair. She was a honey but luckily I was too young to do anything more than feel uncomfortable, as her parents probably would have put me in the Hangi.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:40 pm

Is it new year already?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:44 pm

^

Yep, again.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:02 pm

David wrote:
luvdids wrote:
David wrote:
I have a list as long as my arm of basic stuff Im failing to do right now and that Id like to be doing. But the ultimate goal is to travel overseas at the end of the year. Its about time I finally ventured outside the country for the first time (going to Queensland doesnt officially count!)

Where would you want to go first? I often daydream about other places to go.
Can give you tips on NZ (both islands), Vietnam, Cambodia, Japan, London (been twice), Paris (been twice), parts of the US, Fiji, Italy, Dubai.

Now you've got me thinking about where to next! Maybe Singapore. Or Canada. Or Spain. Or the northern lights in Norway. Hmmm.

Europes definitely a big one! Anywhere Scandinavia (particularly Finland) and France are top of the list, but also the UK, Portugal, Germany, Switzerland, Greece and Ukraine. Beyond Europe, Id love to see places like Iran, Sri Lanka, South Korea, Armenia, Ethiopia, Greenland, Mexico and Chile and yes, even the USA! Smile

Realistically, I suspect my maiden trip overseas will either be to Auckland (where my sisters just moved) or Toronto (where Lolas parents are). Neither are the most exotic destinations, I guess, but Im sure either will be a big adventure in its own right. Will certainly take up your offer if I end up in NZ, thanks! Smile

Some great choices there David I'm lucky enough to have visited many - not the USA though - pass ta!

If you are taking the young fella then Europe as a first travel experience is a great choice - trains are fantastic and not that expensive and they have a different approach - kids are included in outings and dining not tucked away in kids clubs. Portugal and Spain particularly the north are beautiful and the food num num! And the Slavic countries are fantastic as well - Croatia is lovely and Slovenia is a delight!

We spent 5 months starting in Morrocco wandering around on trains and ferries we went back a couple of times and drove around - I reckon the trains were better - especially through the Alps and we picked up heaps of tips talking to other travellers.

I reckon you would love Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos - but they are not as easy to get around especially with a young un unless you want to spend $$$ on air travel or tours

I wouldn't pick Africa for a first trip - I love love love Africa but the phrase " African time" is not a myth - it's a challenge unless you spend shiploads on a " safari" - boring!! Self drive is the way to have the best experience but takes some serious planning and fingers crossed hope Razz

In the end it doesn't mater where you go - make the most of the experience - it's all brilliant!!!
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:38 pm

Great to have a bucket list of places to see, something to strive for. And must agree with Morrigu - doesn't matter where you go, anywhere is a new adventure and memory maker.

I've also been to Germany & Switzerland but only for a few days (long enough in Switzerland to realise how expensive it is!)

Looking forward to the end of the year to see where you're off to Smile
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:34 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Yep, again.

Gosh! 2016 already!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:46 am

David wrote:

Parts of New Zealand look pretty amazing, depends what you mean by exotic. My eldest is in NZ. ATM, Ill get there one day, when long flights are too much for me! If you do go to Toronto you will be pleasantly surprised, its quite a bit like Australia, and a lot likethe US without the guns! Niagara falls is under 2 hours from Toronto. If you can afford it I highly recommend a drive up the ice fields parkway and back, from Calgary, its just so incredibly beautiful. Google lake Louise, Banff and Jasper, Lola would love it.

Im just starting on our trip, got to get an Aussie passport first! No idea where yet, starting with the Greek Islands probably, end up in England. Im not fussed about the usual stuff people see in Europe, I fancy hiring a car and driving up from the bottom of Italy.

Good luck what ever you decide, I can send you some links for hotel and car deals if you want. Its amazing how much you can save with a bit of google and a glass of red! Of course staying with relos is even cheaper!! Cheers

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:24 pm

David my eldest just sent me these links of where she is going tomorrow!

https://www.skyline.co.nz/en/rotorua/?fbclid=IwAR1JYo_w-l6-coLXMx1KJIt8qGo0Sgm5f7eAXQSvuMk8NYPVc0zZRWs_ouI

https://www.waiotapu.co.nz/?fbclid=IwAR0MANDRIFX6Xj-zbHuw5ot4SwtD91fKTZSVlcgNRUxc70-FPLIh-eZTnO8

and they are booked into see the glow worms on saturday! cheers

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:43 pm

think positive wrote:
David my eldest just sent me these links of where she is going tomorrow!

https://www.skyline.co.nz/en/rotorua/?fbclid=IwAR1JYo_w-l6-coLXMx1KJIt8qGo0Sgm5f7eAXQSvuMk8NYPVc0zZRWs_ouI

https://www.waiotapu.co.nz/?fbclid=IwAR0MANDRIFX6Xj-zbHuw5ot4SwtD91fKTZSVlcgNRUxc70-FPLIh-eZTnO8

and they are booked into see the glow worms on saturday! cheers

I initially thought you had a child you hadn't mentioned called David, I had to re-read it!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:35 am

Lol!

Actually I spend so much time with junior that peoplehave been shocked to see the eldest!

K 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:46 am

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
David my eldest ...

I initially thought you had a child you hadn't mentioned called David, I had to re-read it!!

TP has decided to adopt our David. (She cannot resist the thought of grandchildren.)
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:56 pm

Yeah nah no hurry there, happy borrowing some occasionally
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:04 am

To improve my golf game. Hasn't worked, I have gone backwards. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: