Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

School childrens strike supporting climate change

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we must applaud the outstanding generation coming through, amazing youth of today, just amazing...

https://allthatsinteresting.com/no-zero-policy-teacher-fired?utm_campaign=fbpdcfm&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR1gTh6mB7wfs9IL77QFqBfanzoTDEZAWZoP2mt8HU_UBtWyGyUzZERmfo4

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:30 am

Skids wrote:
Yes, we must applaud the outstanding generation coming through, amazing youth of today, just amazing...

https://allthatsinteresting.com/no-zero-policy-teacher-fired?utm_campaign=fbpdcfm&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR1gTh6mB7wfs9IL77QFqBfanzoTDEZAWZoP2mt8HU_UBtWyGyUzZERmfo4

Scarping the bottom of the barrel. Relevance to this thread?

( Tip - it's a round circular figure, it's 2 minus 2, it's the qulaity of this post in this thread)

Ty you're offended (again) thread, jokes thread or WTF thread.

Otherwise it was full of merit (or full of something)

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Skids wrote:

Id echo WPTs comments above who cares about some random school in a different country, and how does that relate to whats being discussed? but even getting that out of the way, why criticise children for a school policy that they have no control over?

The broader question of whether failing students is good for their educational and broader psychological development is probably best left to the experts. But obviously were a very long way from that realm here; trivial shock-horror stories like this one only exist to be email-forwarded to you by your right-wing uncle, whos more outraged by a kindergarten supposedly singing Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep than by the world being slowly destroyed by irresponsible climate policy. At least the kids seem to have their priorities in order.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:47 pm

David wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Look at these brave 4 year olds protesting about asylum seekers.
We should do what they say because 4 year olds are so wise and informed.
https://t.co/5BK02GMTFh

True story: at my sons daycare (for 3 and 4 year olds) earlier this year, they were teaching them about Anzac Day and what it represented. This is from the daycare centres daily newsletter:

Quote:
We continued to read our book of the month, "ANZAC Violin" and we finished reading the whole book today. We have learnt that ANZAC stands for Australian New Zealand Army Corp. Our soldiers went to Gallipoli to fight for our country and help keep us all safe. We discussed how the soldiers might feel when away from their families, we said sad, lonely and scared. We decided to draw beautiful pictures for our soldiers, so they will feel happy. We used various colours to draw nice pictures for the soldiers, along with a happy message. Our messages included "thank-you, for serving our country", "we hope you feel happy" and "thank-you for looking after our country". This experience supports children's knowledge development about world events that are significant to Australia, therefore this invites exploring what we celebrate and commemorate as a country.

I look forward to the outraged op-ed pieces in the Herald Sun about toddlers being politically indoctrinated.

In all seriousness, Im not a fan of the stuff in the link above using little kids as political props has always seemed a bit distasteful and exploitative to me. And Im not terribly comfortable with what my son was exposed to above either, but it seems like pretty much no-one else blinks an eye at this kind of patriotic rah-rah respect-the-troops stuff (and quite how they expect 3 and 4 year olds to grasp much of anything about war is beyond me). Clearly, we have some interesting cultural double standards about what constitutes acceptable political indoctrination and what doesnt.

Anyway, thats all a world away from upper primary and high school aged kids who have learmed the facts about climate change (which are not in contention or even really political outside of the Liberal Party/2GB bubble), are intelligent enough to realise its a pressing problem and are aware that our government is doing nothing about it. If youre sneering about that, I dare say youre part of the problem.

I think that teaching kids the very basics about ANZAC day in that way is quite good. If the lessons followed the newsletter, it didn't try to brainwash the kids, just explained what ANZAC day was then asked them to empathise with people far from home and family doing a job.

With the kids demonstration, I have no issue with the older kids who at least will have been able to learn something about the topic and decide for themselves, but the young kids are just brainwashed props.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:04 pm

David wrote:
Skids wrote:

Id echo WPTs comments above who cares about some random school in a different country, and how does that relatse to whats being discussed? but even getting that out of the way, why criticie children for a school policy that they have no control over?

The broader question of whether failing students is good for their educational and broader psychological development is probably best left to the experts. But obviously were a very long way from that realm here; trivial shock-horror stories like this one only exist to be email-forwarded to you by your right-wing uncle, whos more outraged by a kindergarten supposedly singing Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep than by the world being slowly destroyed by irresponsible climate policy. At least the kids seem to have their priorities in order.

Oh yeah.... you're kidding right?!

These precious little waggers... are thge first generation who have needed their classrooms air cond.... they want a TV in every room and their class has to have a computer for every student....

they spend all their time on their phones, playing on line games and watching netflix n foxtel.

They don't walk... or ride a bike to school... they travel there in caravans of fuel guzzling 4WD's that clog the roads at peak hour...

They devour fast food and throw the rubbish on the side of the road.

They're a *&^*(&%$% disgrace and their pathetic "Strike" is applauded by their pathetic parents who; insist on artificially promoting population growth through immigration which increases the need for - energy, manufacturing and transport.

The more humans... the more destruction!

You leftist peanuts are absolute nut jobs, honestly, it's not even worth arguing with you fuckwits, you're clueless!

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:09 am

Yeah, Australian teachers would never indoctrinate their studen... oh wait

Quote:
Teachers vow to turn kids off Libs

A public school teacher vowed to ensure that the next generation of voters in my classroom dont vote Liberal in a social media post she thought would never become public.

South Australian Treasurer Rob Lucas yesterday lashed Woodville High School teacher and union delegate Regina Wilson over her inflammatory post on the Australian Education Unions Facebook page, which he described as outrageous and unacceptable.

Ms Wilsons post said: I am going to try to ensure that the next generation of voters in my classroom dont vote Liberal, without being political of course, as I wont tell my students what to think, but I teach them how to be critical thinkers who question those in power and especially those who seek to keep the status quo for the rich, upper classes and refuse to acknowledge the rest of us.

Try and take away my rights as a teacher but you cant take away my voice. Increase my class size and it will just increase my chance to help MORE students become critical thinkers and help to get rid of those who treat them and me as worker bees, there to support their greed and corporate power.

The controversy will reignite debate about political interference in the classroom by union-affiliated teachers and comes amid escalating tension between the Australian Education Union and South Australias eight-month-old Liberal government over stalled enterprise bargaining negotiations.

Mr Lucas, who did not publicly name the teacher, said her grossly inappropriate behaviour was a breach of the Education Departments values and the public sectors code of ethics.

I will call out outrageous behaviour by union bosses and their lackeys within the union movement wherever and whenever I see it they (Ms Wilsons comments) are clearly an indication of a deliberate decision to introduce partisan politics into that particular teachers classroom with an intention to, as that teacher indicated, try to ensure that the next generation of voters in my classroom dont vote Liberal, Mr Lucas said.

Ms Wilson, 58, is a former Fair Work inspector who joined Woodville High, in safe Labor-held federal and state electorates in northwestern Adelaide, as a teacher in 2010. She is the schools international student program manager and teaches classes in Years 8, 9 and 11.

Ms Wilson yesterday told The Australian she was not legally allowed to do what she had posted. I am not legally allowed to; so what I posted was just a comment but I am not legally allowed to as a teacher speak to my students about anything political, she said. I just made a comment to my (Facebook) friends because I didnt think it would go public. I would never, ever do that and I have never, ever done that.

Even when students have asked me how I was going to vote, Ive never, ever done it; Ive always behaved professionally.

Ms Wilson insisted she had always acted appropriately in the classroom and never influenced them (students) in any way with politics, religion, sexual orientation or anything like that.

When I made the comments, I guess they would be public, (but) I wasnt thinking at the time that it would become public just because someone says it, doesnt mean they are going to do it, Ms Wilson said.

We have some debates about things in the classroom, because students are always interested in wanting to know what you think as a teacher, but I choose my words carefully. Ill never say nothing but Ill never say anything that will influence students to make choices or decisions because I believe every student has a right to make their choices and their decisions themselves its not for me to tell them what or how to think.

Ms Wilsons post was removed from Facebook last night, following The Australians inquiries.

An Education Department spokesman said last night: While we are not in a position to comment on individual employment matters, the public sector code of ethics requires impartiality and employees must be detached from political influence.

Ms Wilson, who said she was not a member of any political party, strongly supported proposed strike action by teachers next week.

Mr Lucas said he had raised Ms Wilsons Facebook post with union bosses last week but they had failed to counsel Ms Wilson or ask her to remove the post.

Mr Lucas had told parliament he wanted to raise the matter with AEU state president Howard Spreadbury to ensure that their union delegates dont do as this particular teacher has clearly indicated she intends to do; that is, to introduce partisan politics into the classroom to try to influence her students in the interests of supporting the industrial pursuits of her union bosses.

Someone needs to stand up on behalf of the taxpayers of South Australia, the students of South Australia and the overwhelming majority of teachers who are prepared to express their particular views in a lawful and appropriate way, Mr Lucas told parliament.

It is only that very small number of union bosses and their lackeys who behave inappropriately.

Mr Spreadbury said yesterday he had attempted to contact Ms Wilson but was unsuccessful.

I think teachers have to be very careful in relation to political statements, particularly in relation to students, he said.

Woodville High is in the state seat of Cheltenham, held by former Labor premier Jay Weatherill, and the federal seat of Port Adelaide, held by Labor frontbencher Mark Butler.

Mr Butler did not comment yesterday. South Australian Labors education spokeswoman, Susan Close, a former education minister, did not respond to a request for comment.

Woodville High School principal Meredith Edwards also did not comment.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:30 am

Skids wrote:
David wrote:
Skids wrote:

Id echo WPTs comments above who cares about some random school in a different country, and how does that relatse to whats being discussed? but even getting that out of the way, why criticie children for a school policy that they have no control over?

Oh yeah.... you're kidding right?!

These precious little waggers... are thge first generation who have needed their classrooms air cond.... they want a TV in every room and their class has to have a computer for every student....

they spend all their time on their phones, playing on line games and watching netflix n foxtel.

They don't walk... or ride a bike to school... they travel there in caravans of fuel guzzling 4WD's that clog the roads at peak hour...

They devour fast food and throw the rubbish on the side of the road.

They're a *&^*(&%$% disgrace and their pathetic "Strike" is applauded by their pathetic parents who; insist on artificially promoting population growth through immigration which increases the need for - energy, manufacturing and transport.

The more humans... the more destruction!

You leftist peanuts are absolute nut jobs, honestly, it's not even worth arguing with you fuckwits, you're clueless!

Skids, youre seriously starting to sound like this guy... Laughing

https://youtu.be/Zsae1i9vEwQ

Key difference is that Vernon was dealing with actual delinquents like Bender. Your beef, on the other hand, seems to be with the nations straight-a students and teachers pets. The problem is that people like you dont intimidate them, and they dont respect you. Theyll grow up and sweep your kind away, leaving you to grumble impotently about the good old days from the fringes.

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:06 am

Teachers creating little activists only really works on very young children, to be really effective you have to get them to commit to life altering changes at that age. Otherwise its about as effective as Nancy Regan and Just Say No
So heres what we do.

Reducing your carbon foot print essentially means in reality reducing the number of feet on the ground consuming resources, its a simple matter of numbers v resources. Equitable distribution just makes the problem worse in the long run, pragmatically speaking.

Yes.. Im talking about kids learning that there needs to be less of them in the future, this can be achieved in a number of ways.

Convincing them to self-sterilise by promoting transgenderism, thats right if your little boy has played with dolls or wore a fairy outfit get him down to the doctor real quick for gender reassignment surgery and hormone blockers, it would be child abuse if you didnt.

For the rest of them we can force them to buy a ticket to the guilt train, tell them about their privilege status and how they are oppressing those that have less and how voluntary sterilization at age 7 can save the world. With a multi-pronged approach of indoctrination from enlightened parents, government legislation combined with media and education we can stop climate change in one generation!

Then of course we can increase immigration from traditional patriarchal societies who are going to ignore all the bullsh!t and do their own thing. Now we cant tell them what to do because that would be politically incorrect, so we let them have their turn.
This solves the problem by allowing progressives to feel good about themselves and their virtuous conduct but wondering bitterly why everything went to sh!t because of it.

In the meantime; Im going back to work producing and designing products for automation and renewable energy.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:16 pm

I never knew there was an age limit on protesting. So if a priest molests a child that child should just keep quiet as they are not old enough to know about their rights.

I would rather live in a world where the children question what Adults to them rather than sit there and be quiet.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:18 pm

Would you follow your 13 year olds advice regards the household budget, the mortgage or what car to buy?
If not, then why would think they have anything informed to say about national policy?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:39 pm

There are a great many adults in Australia whom I would not trust with any of those subjects. 13-year-olds may have lack of experience and intellectual capacity to process certain issues fully, and I probably wouldn't support extending the voting franchise to them (16, maybe?), but they're not exactly blank slates, either there are a lot of very intelligent young teenagers out there who actually do have a moderately sophisticated understanding of various issues of interest and could easily out-debate many adults on them.

We should, of course, foster and encourage that kind of engagement, unless we're for some reason committed to keeping Australia as dumb and backward as possible.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:42 pm

I'm not sure if I am ready for that yet.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:06 pm

I can't help but feel your support for the child protests is due to the fact that they align with your political views.
Say that 5,000 catholic school students went on strike and protested in town against abortion rights.
Would you also consider them wonderful and wise or would you denounce them as a bunch or brainwashed fools?
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:18 pm

or westboro baptist church

children showing their deeply held moral convictions

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:24 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
I can't help but feel your support for the child protests is due to the fact that they align with your political views.
Say that 5,000 catholic school students went on strike and protested in town against abortion rights.
Would you also consider them wonderful and wise or would you denounce them as a bunch or brainwashed fools?

You see that with gun rights in the USA. Total morons like David Hogg get air time, exposure and plaudits because his views match the leftist agenda but intelligent guns rights activists like Kyle Kashuv get railroaded.

Maybe these kids would be better served learning the basics that Australia is now falling so far behind in rather than being willing political pawns for activist leftist teachers and parents.

What saddens me most about this is kids are now fighting FOR the mainstream, establishment agendas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: