Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood Father Son and NGA Radar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good God! A broken hand might be a good thing. It's true, but what does that say about the ridiculous contortion that we call "the rules". The start of all the stuffing around with the F/S rules was when we looked like getting Peter Moore's son with a second round pick. I have NO doubt there are pricks in suits in rooms trying to work a rule change that makes it impossible for us to get Daics2 & Son of Rowdy in one draft. If we do get Brown & both Daicoses (Daicos's?) There will certainly be more stupid rule changes.

But watch out, no one wants us getting both kids, although the idea of a Daicos playing for Essendon or Geelong is so horrific I can't even ponder it without feeling physically Ill! And several reports that I've read say that Josh is truly a chip off the Macedonian block, a goal thief with silky skills, stuff how tall he is! I haven't been able to see for certain, but my impression is that he might have inherited the short legs and low centre of Gravity that made his old man impossible to catch. Add to that the fact that he sleeps with a footy in his hand and has been wearing a Magpie jumper since he could stand up, and he becomes a must-have. Brown might possibly be better but most sides have a 'Brown', us included, so it would be less painful seeing him at another side than it would a 'Daicos'. The worry I have is that despite our history Collingwood doesn't like having brothers together, hence the trade of Saverio, Cloke 1 & 2, and several others. lets hope they don't have a problem recruiting Nick when his turn comes! Not many sides have had better brothers than Collingwood, and I'd cite the Colliers, Richardsons, Shaws, Pannams and more. Besides, there are a pair of kids called Aayce & Jett who will be on us very shortly, and despite wanting their dad replaced I definitely want the offspring at Collingwood!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:43 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Josh Daicos Broke his Hand and is out for at least 6
weeks

Rumour has it Bill shock his hand pre match wished him luck and the rest is history now
As a precaution they are going to amputate it at the shoulder before it gets worse
35forever 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:54 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Josh Daicos Broke his Hand and is out for at least 6
weeks

Rumour has it Bill shock his hand pre match wished him luck and the rest is history now
As a precaution they are going to amputate it at the shoulder before it gets worse

It's probably best. Really should look at taking brother Nick's arm as well before it starts!

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:48 pm

'Twill be quite interesting to see if Brown receives a higher bid than Daicos... Who gets 35?
35forever 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:41 am

Oooh! That IS a good question! The 35 goes to our first pick as a tribute to Presti & Daics... but mostly Daics if were being honest. If Josh comes to us how could he wear any other number? it's his birthright! Just as Moore has 30, and Cloke, well, Cameron Cloke, had 33...

Here's an idea, which the real purists will hate, but preserves the reverence due a great champion.

I've always thought retiring a jumper, while proper, was kinda strange because it meant that great number is never seen again.
So
How about if we put it back in play while retaining the reverence. Give 42 to our best recruit, and give 35 to Daicos (if we get him). I know it's radical, and I'm not even 100% sure about it myself, but it’s a thought.

Just a thought.

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
duke750 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:13 am

I think that idea has great merit. It would be a really significant honour for the recruit, and a meaningful introduction into the club and what it represents. I always felt that giving number 35 was a bit over the top. Presti was a good clubman, but...

I have never liked the idea of retiring a number.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:18 am

35forever wrote:
Oooh! That IS a good question! The 35 goes to our first pick as a tribute to Presti & Daics... but mostly Daics if were being honest. If Josh comes to us how could he wear any other number? it's his birthright! Just as Moore has 30, and Cloke, well, Cameron Cloke, had 33...

Here's an idea, which the real purists will hate, but preserves the reverence due a great champion.

I've always thought retiring a jumper, while proper, was kinda strange because it meant that great number is never seen again.
So
How about if we put it back in play while retaining the reverence. Give 42 to our best recruit, and give 35 to Daicos (if we get him). I know it's radical, and I'm not even 100% sure about it myself, but it’s a thought.

Just a thought.

I thought it was more For Presti's UnSelfishness for Backing out of the 2010 GF's when he was not Fit to play

themonk 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:56 am

Dave The Man wrote:
35forever wrote:

So

Just a thought.

I thought it was more For Presti's UnSelfishness for Backing out of the 2010 GF's when he was not Fit to play

Correct Dave, it's for Presti
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:04 am

Dave The Man wrote:
35forever wrote:

So

Just a thought.

Spot on Dave, Daicos had nothing to do with it.

That is just what people and then club tacked onto it when they realised that it was somewhat of an insult to one of our greatest ever players that the number wasn't done in his honour.

I do agree it should be scrapped and 42 used in this way instead.

loki04 Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:08 am

35forever wrote:
Good God! A broken hand might be a good thing. It's true, but what does that say about the ridiculous contortion that we call "the rules". The start of all the stuffing around with the F/S rules was when we looked like getting Peter Moore's son with a second round pick. I have NO doubt there are pricks in suits in rooms trying to work a rule change that makes it impossible for us to get Daics2 & Son of Rowdy in one draft. If we do get Brown & both Daicoses (Daicos's?) There will certainly be more stupid rule changes.

But watch out, no one wants us getting both kids, although the idea of a Daicos playing for Essendon or Geelong is so horrific I can't even ponder it without feeling physically Ill! And several reports that I've read say that Josh is truly a chip off the Macedonian block, a goal thief with silky skills, stuff how tall he is! I haven't been able to see for certain, but my impression is that he might have inherited the short legs and low centre of Gravity that made his old man impossible to catch. Add to that the fact that he sleeps with a footy in his hand and has been wearing a Magpie jumper since he could stand up, and he becomes a must-have. Brown might possibly be better but most sides have a 'Brown', us included, so it would be less painful seeing him at another side than it would a 'Daicos'. The worry I have is that despite our history Collingwood doesn't like having brothers together, hence the trade of Saverio, Cloke 1 & 2, and several others. lets hope they don't have a problem recruiting Nick when his turn comes! Not many sides have had better brothers than Collingwood, and I'd cite the Colliers, Richardsons, Shaws, Pannams and more. Besides, there are a pair of kids called Aayce & Jett who will be on us very shortly, and despite wanting their dad replaced I definitely want the offspring at Collingwood!

If Nick Daicos (the youngest Daicos) keeps tracking how he has been, there is no way known on this green earth that the club wont select him.

He has already been talked about as a future star and that came out a recruiters mouth.

loki04 Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:10 am

duke750 wrote:
I think that idea has great merit. It would be a really significant honour for the recruit, and a meaningful introduction into the club and what it represents. I always felt that giving number 35 was a bit over the top. Presti was a good clubman, but...

I have never liked the idea of retiring a number.

Agree with all points made here.

35forever 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:16 pm

Bloody hell!
I expected my idea to be shouted down amidst howls of abuse! If for no other reason than that it was MY idea!!!
Looks like it might have some itty bitty legs!

And I did hear Eddie say on TV that the idea was to honour BOTH Presti and Daics, although I agree Presti was probably the original inspiration. Still, it would be a treat to see a Daicos with the 35 on his back bouncing one through from the boundary! And yes, I too have heard that Nick, the younger Daicos, might be something very special. It's very often been the case that the younger brother has been the better player, obviously not always, as Clay Beams might attest! God it's an exciting thought though! Moore, Daicos, Brown, can we pinch Weideman & Craig Kelly's kid? I guarantee they would play better at Collingwood than anywhere else! Are there any young Gayfers? Monkhorsts? McGuane's?, Francis'? I wonder if Daz Millane's brother Sean had any kids? I used to play indoor cricket with him! He was a handy player (footy), but just didn’t quite get to the top level.

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:14 pm

It was so interesting by Eddie to declare No35 to be given over because of Presti's unselfishness to play the 2010 granny because he was injured. I seem to remember No 4 Alan Didak playing with an obviously injured shoulder and yet no reference to him at all.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:47 am

Keep the new 35 tradition going.

Loved Fas in the number. Loved Elliot in the number. Enjoyed Grundy in the number. Didn't get to see much of Scharenberg in it. And De Goey was fun to watch in the number.

Ask the players what it meant to them to have the number for a year. Its a great introduction into what it means to be a Collingwood player.

If we're lucky we'll see Daicos in it next year and then his younger brother in the future. And who knows maybe Prestis son too. (TBH, I half expect that if Daicos jnr gets it, they'll be plenty of people who will want him to keep it. But who knows, maybe he'll want a different number. Heater didn't get 22 as a Pie).

Alls I know is i LOVED Daicos when I was very, very, young. And I obviously LOVED Presti. Those two players are the foundation for my support of this great club. And that is why I love the presentation to our newest player every year. Others will obviously have a different idea to it. But I love it.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:14 am
Post subject: Daicos/Brown Father-SonReply with quote

If I am any judge I think there is generally some excitement at the thought of a Daicos and Brown running out for the Pies again. There was a short discussion on SEN last night about whether they could be drafted by the club if another club bid for them as first rounders as the club may have trouble matching any offer. This raises two issues:-

1. They are both listed as being under 180 cm's. The team is in dire need of a small crumblng goal kicking forward. There really hasn't been one since Leon. Does anyone know anything about their strengths and abilities or performance level at the moment?

2. If another team bid on one or both of them as a first rounder, and assuming we valued them that highly and wanted them, do the picks available this year and next provide enough points to obtain them ? I don't follow the intricacies of the drafting rules too closely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 20 of 39   

Jump to: