Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Federal Liberals and nationals steal from the Disabled

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:11 am
Post subject: Federal Liberals and nationals steal from the DisabledReply with quote

There's no other way to put it.

WTF does this scumbag goverment think they are doing? You couldn't make this stuff up.

Let me run the ALP campaign. This is like fishing from a barrel; they keep on giving. They are funding Drought relief directly from monies being put aisde for the NDIS (of which the latter is only going to grow)

"...Disability advocates have slammed Prime Minister Scott Morrison's decision to "repurpose" $3.9 billion originally set aside for the NDIS to pay for drought relief, but the plan has been cautiously welcomed by farmers..."

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/ndis-funds-to-be-repurposed-for-drought-relief-under-morrison-plan-20181026-p50c5k.html

The first step in drought releif is to cease all funding and water to cotton farmers. Wasteful, exceedingly water inensive and should never be grown in coutriles like Australia where drought is a way of life and only getting worse due to climate change.

F*cking thieves, stealing from the Disabled FFS

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Stealing from cripples. It doesn't get any worse than that.

As you know, I regard Morrison as the lowest of low scum, but I would not have expected even him to come up with a scheme as low and slimy as this one.

PS: actually, the FIRST step in drought relief is to stop making the problem worse: i.e., have and implement an actual climate policy. But after that, yes, sure, as you say.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:29 pm

What purpose do they serve if you cant steal from them?
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:03 pm

I thought they were not allocating the NDIS money on the disabled anyhow. Every week there is a story on how the recipients are worse off under this scheme.

But I will be pissed if they have to raise the Medicare levy again to recoup the cost to the scheme.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:14 pm

Is that North south pipline that was built to rob the Goulbern Valley of the water to grow food still in existence?

Maybe we can fire up the de-sal plant (get some use out of it), reverse the flow of the pumps in the pipeline and send some water north.

The Murray at Toc has a good flow happening, but the Hume Weir is just less than 50% capacity and the prices farmers are paying for water is ridiculous. And these aren't farmers trying to grow water hungry stuff like cotton or rice, just trying to grow some pasture for stock feed.

It's as dry as a witches tit up there

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:06 pm
Post subject: Re: Federal Liberals and nationals steal from the DisabledReply with quote

watt price tully wrote:

The first step in drought releif is to cease all funding and water to cotton farmers. Wasteful, exceedingly water inensive and should never be grown in coutriles like Australia where drought is a way of life and only getting worse due to climate change.

Really?

Cotton uses an average of 5.2 megalitres per hectare.

Sound a lot? You may want to re-think your diet. That Tofu you like comes from Soy beans yeah?

Soy Beans use 6-8 megalitres per hectare and the rice you have with it uses 10-14.

Pasture for grazing however uses about 4 megalitres.

So eat meat and wear cotton, it's good for the environment. Say NO to Tofu. Razz

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:21 pm

So you are the new king of Whateboutery are you, Stui?

Absurd and misleading fake statistics there.

You need to measure per amount of food produced.

Cotton: zero. Soy: lots. Meat: very little.

In any case, it is insane to grow water hungry crops like rice, cotton, and probably also soy in a dry place like Australia. We are very good at growing dry land crops like wheat. It makes far more sense to grow (e.g.) wheat in Australia and sell it, buying (e.g.) rice from wet places which are good at growing rice with the money.

Meanwhile, I see that you have neatly deflected discussion from the topic, which is Scummo robbing cripples.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Post subject: Re: Federal Liberals and nationals steal from the DisabledReply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Really?

Sound a lot? You may want to re-think your diet. That Tofu you like comes from Soy beans yeah?

Soy Beans use 6-8 megalitres per hectare and the rice you have with it uses 10-14.

So eat meat and wear cotton, it's good for the environment. Say NO to Tofu. Razz

I reminds me of the argument that Australians while being the highest per capaita grrenhouse gas emitters in the world shouldn't bother about grennhouse gas reductions as Australia emits about 1% of total world emissions.

Cotton growers have already been stealing water along the murray darling rivers. However lets not be distracted from the thread:

The story here is the f*cking cnuts and p*icks of the Morrison Liberal National goverment stealing from the NDIS to largely pay for the Drought assistance to farmers pre election stunt.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:45 pm

Laughing Laughing

Welcome back old son, I have missed you.

The NDIS will likely be an epic clustercluck whether scho mo diverts money from it or not. I'm far more concerned with farmers tbh.

I agree Rice should never be grown in Australia by irrigation, only where there's enough natural rainfall, and i love needling people who barrack for or against political parties like footy teams.

Up in the riverina, some farmers are paying $4000 per day for water, and they ain't growing cotton or rice. So some cotton farmers pinched water? Prosecute them.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:55 pm

I thought I'd address the "stealing from the disabled" headline for the crock of shit that it is.

reallocating funding set aside for the NDIS isn't the same as reducing the budget allocation. The money for the NDIS is still in the budget, this just means it will be sourced from a different bucket of money.

In relation to why I think the NDIS will be an epic clustercluck, the vultures have already gathered at the prospect of getting into government funding.
https://smallcaps.com.au/zenitas-healthcare-commercial-expansion-services-victoria-nsw/

When a for profit company buys out a not for profit, they aint expecting to lose money. Whether the pot of gold at the end of the NDIS rainbow ends up in better results for disabled people or just lines the pockets of companies remains to be seen, but I'm backing the latter.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I thought I'd address the "stealing from the disabled" headline for the crock of shit that it is.

reallocating funding set aside for the NDIS isn't the same as reducing the budget allocation. The money for the NDIS is still in the budget, this just means it will be sourced from a different bucket of money.

In relation to why I think the NDIS will be an epic clustercluck, the vultures have already gathered at the prospect of getting into government funding.
https://smallcaps.com.au/zenitas-healthcare-commercial-expansion-services-victoria-nsw/

When a for profit company buys out a not for profit, they aint expecting to lose money. Whether the pot of gold at the end of the NDIS rainbow ends up in better results for disabled people or just lines the pockets of companies remains to be seen, but I'm backing the latter.

How NDIS is being managed (or mismanaged) is not the issue here.

The issue is taking from monies for Disability and giving it to farmers. Why that bucjket of money? we have a surplus use that for the Farmers.

[i]If we have a surplus of funds in the budget right now to fund the NDIS, why are we dipping into the NDIS funding for the drought? he asked.

He said the NDIS clients, who had expressed concerns about delays and the scheme being overly complicated, wanted to ensure the service would be delivered as intended to the 500,000 eligible Australians.

And at the moment, its not, Tanti said.

The West Australian senator and Greens disability spokesman, Jordon Steele-John, said funding the NDIS out of consolidated revenue did not provide long-term certainty
.[/i]

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/oct/27/move-to-reassign-ndis-funds-for-drought-relief-upsets-disability-groups

With respect to your earlier comment re caring about farmers no one is arguing that the farmers don't need drought relief but they also need to ensure how it is managed & not use it to prop up unsustainable if not marginal farming practices.

Speaking of mis managing money try this one for size:

No work done after Nationals' treasurer got $850k water-saving grant

"...The Nationals' federal treasurer and candidate for the Victorian seat of Shepparton, Peter Schwarz, is accused of gouging much of the $850,000 he was paid by Australia's largest drought-proofing project.

Mr Schwarz is also accused of then calling in favours when pressed to account for the taxpayer cash.

As Prime Minister Scott Morrison launches his drought summit, leaked government files reveal that Mr Schwarz banked the taxpayer subsidies in November 2011 and then spent years resisting efforts from water officials to get him to either return the money or use it for its intended purpose - saving water
..."

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/no-work-done-after-nationals-treasurer-got-850k-water-saving-grant-20181025-p50bve.html

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:54 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Really?

Cotton sucking life out of Murray

"...A groundbreaking report on the Murray-Darling by the Australian Bureau of Statistics reveals cotton was "consistently the crop with the highest water consumption" from 2000-01 to 2005-06, followed by dairy farming, growing pasture for livestock and rice.

And in key districts such as the Gwydir River in northern NSW, cotton used a whopping 87 per cent of the agricultural water in 2006. The numbers from the Border Rivers catchment, covering southern Queensland, reveal a similar story, with cotton using more than 80 per cent of agricultural water from that system
..."

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/sustainability/cotton-sucking-life-out-of-murray-20080816-gdsqx6.html

Now tell me about cotton again? Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:31 pm

Enjoy that Tofu Razz Wink Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:18 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Enjoy that Tofu Razz Wink Laughing

I had a nice bowl of cereal this morning with soy products knowing that the soy also assited in harnessing nitrogen for the soil.

I trust you enjoyed your bowl of cotton fthis morning.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:29 pm

They only there to for Themselves and No One Else they care about
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: