Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Melbourne CBD Attack (November 2018)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
They should be Kicked out of Australia ASAP

https://twitter.com/DavidPalmer1985/status/1061524752647413762

Who is they DTM?

When they took his passport off him a few years ago as they thought he was going to join ISIS in Syria, I think they erred. Should have made it one way that is no return.

His Family saying he is not a Terrorist when is. They pretty much saying they Agreed what he did.

They should let these People Go but Ban them from ever Coming back to Australia Again

DTM, I suspect the family are in denial and disbelief that their son did this. I havent read that they supported his behaviour / actions. If you could post the link that would help me.

I did read that he stopped attending the Mosque in Werribee ages ago, that he was kicked out of home for his behavior and like a lot of people they thought if he got married (which he did) that would magically fix his problems. Police & ASIO were aware of drug and mental health issues.

I havent read it but Mrs WPT told me he attended the Preston Mosque ? That was a place where he came across others who assisted him to radicalize.

Not sure how to stop radicalization though with these lonewolf type of incidents.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Quote:
Not sure how to stop radicalization though with these lonewolf type of incidents.

We are lucky here in Australia that our only 2 Terriost Attacked been a Lonewolf Attacks and not a Organised Gang doing them.

It would be very hard to stop the very tiny numbers of Nutters that would actually go thru with the Attacks

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:15 pm

There's been 9 terrorist incidents in Aus in the past 4 years Dave.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Australia

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:51 pm

Rather than resurrect one of the other terrorist threads, I thought this could go here.

People can refer to the number of terrorist incidents in Australia as minimal and write them off. What they don't see is the work going on behind the scenes to prevent them. Like this.

https://outline.com/KapLVA

And in the Aged.

Quote:
An elaborate police sting involving thousands of intercepted phone calls and text messages led to the arrests of three men accused of plotting an Islamic State-inspired terror attack designed to kill as many people as possible in a crowded place in Melbourne.

Quote:
Police said they had to swoop on Tuesday after the group tried to obtain a .22 semi-automatic rifle in recent days.

"If we had not acted ... in preventing this attack, we allege the consequences could have been chilling," federal police assistant commissioner Ian McCartney said.

In court, prosecutor Aman Dhillon said investigators needed four months to compile the brief of evidence against the accused.

There were 17,000 telephone intercepts and 10,000 text messages to assess and 7800 hours of recordings captured on various listening devices to collate, Mr Dhillon said.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/they-re-not-wild-father-of-accused-melbourne-terror-plotters-denies-sons-were-radicalised-20181120-p50h4t.html

It must be true, even the Guardian managed to manage a report, even if pinched from AAP.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/nov/20/arrested-planning-terrorist-act-police-raid-houses-melbourne

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:12 pm

Well done vio pol and the Aussie CIA?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:

It must be true, even the Guardian managed to manage a report, even if pinched from AAP.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/nov/20/arrested-planning-terrorist-act-police-raid-houses-melbourne

You know something we don't?

The Guardian wrote "with AAP"

Pinched? This isn't the Daily Wire or Daily Mail or similar rubbish.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:23 pm

OK, so "pinched" is maybe not the correct term as it implies they stole it when AAP copy is available to all news outlets to use.

What I meant is that they effectively just used the copy from AAP rather than have any of their own writers write something that clearly conflicts with their values.

On a side note, I heard Peter Dutton on the radio this morning on the way to work. It was cutting in and out as I streaming it, but he provided a good explanation of why we cancel passports for people on terrorist watch lists, preventing them from leaving the country rather than letting them go.

In short, if they were born here (as the most recent 3 were) they have a constitutional right to come back. We can't prevent them from returning, unlike duel citizens.

So they prevent them from leaving which prevents them from getting first hand education in terror aspects such as bomb making and also prevents them being used as poster boys for the ISIS propaganda machine and therefore radicalising more young men and women.

Fairy nuff.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:01 pm

So they prevent them from leaving which prevents them from getting first hand education in terror aspects such as bomb making and also prevents them being used as poster boys for the ISIS propaganda machine and therefore radicalising more young men and women.
(quote)
I was involved years ago loaning surveillance equipment to the NSW police for watching suspected kiddy fiddler in rural western NSW. He had booked a ticket to Vietnam. He was a permanent resident but carried a Eastern european passport. When the plane took off they searched his property which had been booby trapped with explosives and he had shot his rottweilers. The Government cancelled his permanent residency and the AFP notified interplod who told the Vietnamese. Several days later they caught him trying to procure the services of a very young Viet girl and they banged him up. He contacted the Australian embassy who told him he was not their problem. Whenever he gets out he can never return to Australia.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:09 pm

stui magpie wrote:
On a side note, I heard Peter Dutton on the radio this morning on the way to work. It was cutting in and out as I streaming it, but he provided a good explanation of why we cancel passports for people on terrorist watch lists, preventing them from leaving the country rather than letting them go.

In short, if they were born here (as the most recent 3 were) they have a constitutional right to come back. We can't prevent them from returning, unlike duel citizens.

Fairy nuff.

I was sceptical of that policy and still am ultimately, what seems to have happened is a lot of foreign fighters come back from Syria and Iraq profoundly disillusioned (if they arent killed or captured along the way). You have to think of these young men (many of whom are barely adults) like the endless numbers of young men who signed up for World War 1 expecting adventure and the glory of dying for a greater cause (in their case, the British empire; in the current Islamic extremists case, the caliphate) and quickly finding that war is a lot of mud, shit, disease, barbed wire and poison gas. Many ISIS sign-ups are getting a similar reality check, I suspect, not least for the reason that ISIS is being slowly strangled on all fronts by Syrian, Iraqi, Kurdish, Russian, American, Saudi and rival Islamist forces, and that, in general, war is always a lot uglier and less glamorous than people imagine it to be.

On the other hand, those who are blocked from leaving probably are just as likely to remain radicalised and seek ways of serving their cause at home. All that pent-up testosterone and nowhere to direct it. So while Im not saying that they should have exactly been encouraged or permitted to go (one might well argue that we have an international responsibility to not allow Australians to contribute to the misery of Iraqi and Syrian civilians if we can help it), I do wonder how effective this policy focus was and whether it has led directly to some of the local lone-wolf attacks weve been seeing.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:17 pm

You let them go, with rights to come back, you're playing a lottery/

1. They may come back disillusioned as you say and be a positive. Unlikely but possible.

2. They may influence others back home while they're there. That's a risk

3. They may get killed. Positive but again, martyrdom in propaganda.

4. They come back more radicalised than ever, but now with skills and the profile to organise more radicals.

Overall, on balance of risk, keeping them here and monitoring them is the best option IMHO

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:12 am

stui magpie wrote:
You let them go, with rights to come back, you're playing a lottery/

1. They may come back disillusioned as you say and be a positive. Unlikely but possible.

2. They may influence others back home while they're there. That's a risk

3. They may get killed. Positive but again, martyrdom in propaganda.

4. They come back more radicalised than ever, but now with skills and the profile to organise more radicals.

Overall, on balance of risk, keeping them here and monitoring them is the best option IMHO

can we ship them to tasmania?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:13 am

100 in binary.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:16 am

some one should blow bots up
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:19 am

Some may one should blow bots up, but not all.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:20 am

just one is all i need
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: