Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Melbourne CBD Attack (November 2018)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/victoria/revealed-bourke-street-attacker-s-plan-and-why-it-failed-20181110-p50f8k.html

here is some more detail,

"He had planned when setting fire to his ute to ignite three gas bottles in the rear tray, which would create a deadly explosion/fireball that would spread shrapnel at least 100 metres."

That,s kind of not what would have happened, when in the rare event that gas bottles explode its generally the valve and the deliberately weakened bottom of the cylinder will generally give way. Most of the time the pressure valve will vent causing a bit of a flame out.

https://www.elgas.com.au/blog/365-busting-media-mythology-lpg-gas-bottles

I wish the news would do just a little bit of research.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:20 pm

I've met the bloke a few times over the years that is the man who was stabbed; the owner of Pelligrini's in the CBD. First when I was in late primary school taken by my older brother, later used to go there often as a late teenager and early 20's before and with Mrs WPT. Terribly sad.

Last edited by watt price tully on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:24 pm

Congratulations to the police and those who helped out out. I'm glad the pepetrator was shot by the police, friggin' oxygen thief. I hope the Police officer recovers well from the trauma.

How great to see that the alarm system worked in the CBD that is a siren and SMS's going out to peeople to avoid the area.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:24 pm

Pi wrote:

They more Worried being 1st with the News before Facts

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:26 pm

stui magpie wrote:
papers calling it a terrorist attack, IS claiming responsibility, the guys brother is already under arrest for allegedly planning a terrorist act last new years eve

Well then as I said before Id calmed down, go through his mates and make damn sure the dodgy ones get deported.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:28 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I've met the bloke a few times over the years that is the man who was stabbed; the owner of Pelligrini's in the CBD. First when I was in late primary school taken by my older brother, later used to go there often as a late teenager and early 20's before and with Mrs WPT. Terribly sad.

Commiserations Mate. And to Pies4shaw, and anyone else who had made his acquaintance. Just awful, offer help and die for it. Just $$%^%%$ wrong. May he RIP.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:30 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Congratulations to the police and those who helped out out. I'm glad the pepetrator was shot by the police, friggin' oxygen thief. I hope the Police officer recovers well from the trauma.

How great to see that the alarm system worked in the CBD that is a siren and SMS's going out to peeople to avoid the area.

Agree. Daughter got the text, it must be a radius thing, great idea, and the sirens.

Im still happily shocked how many jumped into help, the guy with the trolley, smart thinking. Bloody brave. And the bystanders protecting the injured and the guy who passed. Cheers

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:55 pm

Pi wrote:
https://www.watoday.com.au/national/victoria/revealed-bourke-street-attacker-s-plan-and-why-it-failed-20181110-p50f8k.html

here is some more detail,

"He had planned when setting fire to his ute to ignite three gas bottles in the rear tray, which would create a deadly explosion/fireball that would spread shrapnel at least 100 metres."

That,s kind of not what would have happened, when in the rare event that gas bottles explode its generally the valve and the deliberately weakened bottom of the cylinder will generally give way. Most of the time the pressure valve will vent causing a bit of a flame out.

https://www.elgas.com.au/blog/365-busting-media-mythology-lpg-gas-bottles

They most certainly can explode in a fire!

https://youtu.be/UGZ_jAyiky0

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:00 pm

What happens the rest of the time?
partypie 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:59 pm

Devastated to hear who the victim is. I spent a lot of time in Pelligrinis in the 70s and 80s and make a point of going there every time Im in Melbourne. Just shocking
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:48 pm

They should be Kicked out of Australia ASAP

https://twitter.com/DavidPalmer1985/status/1061524752647413762

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Who is they DTM?

When they took his passport off him a few years ago as they thought he was going to join ISIS in Syria, I think they erred. Should have made it one way that is no return.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:06 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Agree. Daughter got the text, it must be a radius thing, great idea, and the sirens.

Im still happily shocked how many jumped into help, the guy with the trolley, smart thinking. Bloody brave. And the bystanders protecting the injured and the guy who passed. Cheers

My kids were introduced to Pellegrinis when they were young. The youngest walked past a body covered in a white sheet which she assumes was the owner.

My oldest shares a flat with a friend from school who at 28 just finished her Police training a few months ago. Shes posted to the CBD and was rostered off day that day. She said she wouldnt know how shed respond: said probably call the Police!!!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:09 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Who is they DTM?

When they took his passport off him a few years ago as they thought he was going to join ISIS in Syria, I think they erred. Should have made it one way that is no return.

His Family saying he is not a Terrorist when is. They pretty much saying they Agreed what he did.

They should let these People Go but Ban them from ever Coming back to Australia Again

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:48 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Who is they DTM?

I agree, don't take the passport away, cancel it if he uses it to leave so he can't come back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: