Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Current Morrison Federal Government

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done to the Government on this one!

Sick refugees on Manus and Nauru to be sent to Christmas Island not mainland

Home affairs revelation comes as Nauru bans medical transfers based on telehealth assessments, threatening to derail new medevac laws

Sick people on Manus Island and Nauru will be sent to Christmas Island, not the mainland, under new medevac laws, the head of the home affairs department has revealed.

The Nauruan government has also passed laws banning medical transfers based on telehealth assessments, threatening to derail the system and potentially breaking international law, according to human rights lawyers.

The home affairs secretary, Michael Pezzullo, told Senate estimates late on Monday night it was “the policy of the government” that under the new legislation refugees and asylum seekers who are found to need a medical transfer will not be sent to mainland Australia, but will first go to Christmas Island.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/feb/19/sick-refugees-on-manus-and-nauru-to-be-sent-to-christmas-island-not-mainland

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:38 pm

Quote:
Julie Bishop to quit politics at the next election – politics live - Guardian 21.2.19

It looks like it's not just Mammon that has put the Liberals in the Friend Zone.

Pity really, unlike most of what Mungo Macallum calls "Identikit Liberals", she had some talent...
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:52 pm

Skids wrote:

Home affairs revelation comes as Nauru bans medical transfers based on telehealth assessments, threatening to derail new medevac laws

Sick people on Manus Island and Nauru will be sent to Christmas Island, not the mainland, under new medevac laws, the head of the home affairs department has revealed.

The Nauruan government has also passed laws banning medical transfers based on telehealth assessments, threatening to derail the system and potentially breaking international law, according to human rights lawyers.

The home affairs secretary, Michael Pezzullo, told Senate estimates late on Monday night it was “the policy of the government” that under the new legislation refugees and asylum seekers who are found to need a medical transfer will not be sent to mainland Australia, but will first go to Christmas Island.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/feb/19/sick-refugees-on-manus-and-nauru-to-be-sent-to-christmas-island-not-mainland

There’s truly no end to their bastardry, is there? Hopefully enough people will see this for the spiteful manoeuvre it is.

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:08 pm

Don't get upset with them Dave, the times are not theirs...better to sit back, relax and wait for the change of government. There's enough seats in Melbourne alone to turf this mob on their ear.

In other news, the Floogie Woogie Bugle Boy from 2GB is in deep trouble in Warringah, there is a strong chance that Zoe Steggel and Getup will do a Sophie Spoiled Greek Princess on Australia's favorite ex...
ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:56 pm

Do they seriously think the medical services on Christmas Island can handle that many "genuine" medical cases. And has enough quality accommodation for additional medical personnel because all the good spots will be taken up by Immigration officials. AFP, airline staff, media and immigration lawyers err ambulance chasers.

I know a bloke who was Sen SGT in the AFP and was sent to Christmas Island to get a heap of them off and send them to Leonora etc. The RAAF were otherwise engaged so he walked along all the airline counters (not that many) asking about flight availability or a chartered flight to Australia. Singapore Airlines came to the party and made 2 crews and a plane available to fly unscheduled to the mainland and back And keep going until they had been removed. He used a Commonwealth credit card to pay for it. SIA asked him about alcohol and food and he said no just a meal with rice and vegetable,fruit, water and soft drinks etc to avoid any religious issues. but alcohol in first and business class and seafood etc . Guess where the AFP dudes sat. Along with the relief crew. They then invited him to join Krisflyer and credited him with all the points.There were public servants and Ministers getting prosecuted and sacked for using frequent flyer points at the same as this fat mongrel and his wife and 3 kids were in Florida at Disney World having used the points for business class seats and 5 star hotels.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:45 am

^ They don’t seriously think anything, RR. This is pure politics; enough to make you disillusioned at the best of times, but when real people’s lives are being played with, it’s just kind of sickening.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:01 am

Honestly it's almost like the coalition doesn't realise they're dealing with HUMAN BEINGS and not just a name, number or statistic on a spread sheet that can be used for political point scoring.

Australia should be ashamed.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:04 am

Australia is my home.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:06 am

swoop42 wrote:
Honestly it's almost like the coalition doesn't realise they're dealing with HUMAN BEINGS and not just a name, number or statistic on a spread sheet that can be used for political point scoring.

Australia should be ashamed.
If you keep vision of them out of the news and run the spin that they are all rapists and murderers then the public will perceive that they are not humans.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:11 am

Yep. The banality of evil in action.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:12 am

That's interesting.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:17 pm

David wrote:
Skids wrote:

There’s truly no end to their bastardry, is there? Hopefully enough people will see this for the spiteful manoeuvre it is.

Ironically, Skids doesn't realize what he's posted Laughing

Pezzollo has in the last week or so told our paliment that Morrison and Dutton are full of shit and are scaremongering although Minister not in those words.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:20 pm

ronrat wrote:
Do they seriously think the medical services on Christmas Island can handle that many "genuine" medical cases. And has enough quality accommodation for additional medical personnel because all the good spots will be taken up by Immigration officials. AFP, airline staff, media and immigration lawyers err ambulance chasers.

They have a 6 bed hospital. Morrison is being easily exposed by their own departmental heads no less

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:24 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:
Don't get upset with them Dave, the times are not theirs...better to sit back, relax and wait for the change of government. There's enough seats in Melbourne alone to turf this mob on their ear.

In other news, the Floogie Woogie Bugle Boy from 2GB is in deep trouble in Warringah, there is a strong chance that Zoe Steggel and Getup will do a Sophie Spoiled Greek Princess on Australia's favorite ex...

What does her ethnicity have to do with anything? I can't stand Mirabella either but your characterization of Mirabella here is pathetic and should be withdrawn or moderated out.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:24 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/22/remember-being-shocked-by-tony-abbott-it-seems-like-a-picnic-now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: