Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Current Morrison Federal Government

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Federal LNP simply ignored the Vic State election results. Despite a fear campaign and the chicken little approach that the sky will fall in, the polls have gone the other way to the ALP. Keep preaching to the converted and the conservative commentators, that works. All we need now is Banaraby Joyce as Deputy PM again. The LNP clearly went with a delayed election as giving them a bigger chance to win. Instead it's going to lose them more seats. From my Liberal Party friend, many have hit the self preservation button.

I am staggered that NSW Labor lead in the polls, I think it will be a LNP Victory in NSW as Labor are screwing up on a daily basis. If Labor happen to win that will be another nail in the coffin for the ATM PM.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:35 pm

Wokko wrote:
They're floundering about too, can't decide on being conservative or centrist. They've been a visionless party since Turnbull came in and they still don't know what they stand for.

It's time to put them out of their misery, let them find themselves again and come back in a term or two once Labor has sunk the economy and opened the boat people floodgates again.

Agree with this 100%.

The Libs don't stand for anything anymore.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:01 am

They do stand for some things. In particular, the latest Newspoll suggests that about 15 of them are going to stand for ALP members who will take their seats.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/newspoll
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:59 am

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/high-risk-and-inflated-australia-s-contract-for-food-on-manus-island-20190313-p513rn.html

Another clear example that the best Fiscal Managers simply just don't check their bank statements.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:24 am

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/malcolm-turnbull-warns-idiocy-of-federal-colleagues-is-damaging-gladys-berejiklian-20190314-p5144r.html
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:42 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/malcolm-turnbull-warns-idiocy-of-federal-colleagues-is-damaging-gladys-berejiklian-20190314-p5144r.html
If the ALP win NSW it has to come back to the Federal LNP as the NSW ALP have tried everything to lose. I cannot believe they are ahead in the polls.
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:12 am

Remember back to the 81 Grand Final when that insufferable showpony, David Parkin said:

"just relax, they're losing it for us" ?

Quote:
NEWS NATIONAL New Daily
5:34am, Mar 26, 2019 Updated: 3h ago
Liberal Party’s Teena McQueen stuns Q&A audience with outrageous remarks

Quote:
Liberal Vice President Teena McQueen shocked the Q&A audience when she publicly defended Donald Trump, described Milo Yiannopoulos as an “entertainer” and claimed white supremacy is “not growing” in Australia.

The Liberal Party federal representative became the focus of criticism and mockery on Monday night’s program for her outrageous comments, which also included an accusation that Greens leader Richard di Natale spews hate speech.

Quote:
The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age have been told that Ms McQueen's media appearances have been of concern to Liberals for some time. SMH 26.3.19

"That, my Lord, is Morris Dancing."
"Yeees, I've been concerned about Morris for some time..."
from "I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again"

Last edited by regan is true fullback on Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:33 am

Also:

One Nation wanted millions from the NRA while planning to soften Australia's gun laws
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-26/secret...show...nra-donations/10936052
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:13 am

regan is true fullback wrote:
Also:

One Nation wanted millions from the NRA while planning to ... - ABC

I was reading about that. While I wouldn't put it past 1 nation to do something like that, apparently it's illegal for a party to accept foreign donations, a law bought in to stop exactly this, foreign lobby groups influencing Aus politics.

So, if this is true, how the hell did they expect to get away with it?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:56 am

^ Seriously can't believe so many right-wing minor parties are still flogging this dead horse and trying to manufacture a culture war that doesn't exist. Most Australians don't want guns, and aren't even interested in having this conversation.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:11 pm

^

Pretty much, and of the minority that do want guns, most of them are comfortable with the current laws. I'm one of them.

The key selling points the NRA use in the USA won't float here anyway.

1. We have no constitutional right

2. Self defence is not a valid reason to own a gun and our self defence laws are, in the main, fundamentally different from the USA

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:
regan is true fullback wrote:
Also:

One Nation wanted millions from the NRA while planning to ... - ABC

I was reading about that. While I wouldn't put it past 1 nation to do something like that, apparently it's illegal for a party to accept foreign donations, a law bought in to stop exactly this, foreign lobby groups influencing Aus politics.

So, if this is true, how the hell did they expect to get away with it?

Further info, apparently this happened a month or so before the government put in place the foreign donation rule. So, at the time it apparently occurred they could have got away with it, but that was quickly scuttled.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:25 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
They do stand for some things. In particular, the latest Newspoll suggests that about 15 of them are going to stand for ALP members who will take their seats.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/newspoll

Laughing Laughing

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:44 am

Geez, I hope our governments (National & State WA), don't blow this surge like they have previously.

Iron ore is surging and you can thank it for your tax cut

Australian iron ore exports hit the highest level on record in February. Along with gains in other key Australian commodity exports, this has helped to boost government revenues and is one factor why many Australian workers are about to receive income tax relief.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/iron-ore-price-china-2019-4

At current prices, the government stands to get around $50 billion more than they budgeted for this financial year.

And our xmas Chairmans Bonus will be massive Smile

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:52 am

More on Morrison’s Christmas Island debacle:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/03/we-paid-180m-for-scott-morrison-to-have-a-press-conference-on-christmas-island

Quote:
In early March the prime minister flew a media cohort to the facility, a 10,000km round trip from Canberra. He got what he wanted: footage of him inspecting gleaming palisade fences and scrolls of razor wire, and some soundbites from a vacuous press conference. Then everyone returned to Australia.

On budget night, the kicker: the centre will be closed by July. The flood of opportunistic refugees and their bleeding-heart lawyers never materialised. The government has torched more than $180m dollars ramping up security and services at the site, in anticipation of a deluge of people who only ever existed as a talking point to hurl at Labor and the crossbench.

One hundred and eighty million dollars. The figure didn’t feature in the treasurers’ budget night speech, and nor does it seem to exist anywhere in the excruciating “back in black” budget rebrand. The government is no doubt counting on the story to go under the wheels of tax cuts that nobody asked for and the jumble of an oncoming election campaign. They are banking on political amnesia to erase the short-term memory of what must count as the most costly press conference in history.

Christmas Islanders are furious, too:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/apr/04/very-negative-detention-centre-u-turn-angers-christmas-islanders

It’s almost as if cynical political decisions have real-life consequences.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: