Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Current Morrison Federal Government

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

regan is true fullback wrote:
If these rules were in 55 years ago, we would have been stuck with Arthur Calwell...

No Whitlam government, no forgiveness for conscientious objectors, conscription would have lasted until the next decade, we would still be administering PNG, no sanctions against South Africa, no Aboriginal rights and Australia would be up to it's earballs in Nixon's latest adventures in Cambodia and Laos.

Australia would be a very different place. I know that many in this place would rejoice, but the point about democracy, unless your name is Putin or Mugabe, is to give both sides of the fence a go.

As far as the contestants on Conservative Island goes, its time to go. There will be a next time.

Yep, the good point is that we do tend (at least in the past 40-50 years) to rotate between the 2 major parties reasonably frequently. No one gets to dominate for a generation,

I just wish we'd get some leaders who show leadership instead of spending their time trying to mollify their MP's with one eye on the next election. If you choose public service as your life, you should be trying to do the right thing first, depending on your values, and worry about being re-elected after. Instead, our politicians are all Groucho Marx disciples.

Those are my principles and, if you don't like them, well..........I have others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: