Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Vic State Election

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not endorsing that behaviour, but what a character. Laughing

I think thats a good point, sts. If its not boasting about shoplifting, making a racist joke on Facebook, writing something controversial for a student newspaper or whatever, there are not going to be many people with clean skins out there. Itll all be about whos best at hiding it. Thats a questionable metric for assessing suitability for political office.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:49 am

The best liars are the best Politicians.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:19 pm

I would like to thank for for the shopping tip.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:30 pm

I hope someone suses the shit out those "social media" billionaires and wins. And I mean sends them broke. Penniless. The ironic part is that the very antithesis of these people like the loony left and the muslim extremists use it to spread hate.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:52 pm

Now I know the pool of state politicians is basically drawn from people not good enough for Canberra but who exactly is this Matthew Guy people speak of?

He surely has the presence of Rebecca Judd at a chubby chasers swingers party.

Give me Dan and his fatty boomba earlobes as the best of an average lot.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:09 am

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/liberals-sending-out-postal-vote-forms-stirs-electoral-commission-ire-20181101-p50dgv.html

I got the same thing in the mail and as far as I am concerned it is morally illegal and should be illegal no matter who sends it out. Here we have Matthew Guy and co standing on a soapbox preaching morals and ethics yet head down this path. As always the LNP are the Do as I say not as I do Party.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:52 pm

I must admit i've been enjoying the quality of the political ads this campaign.

Both sides short on factual accuracy, long on pork barrelling promises and scare campaigns. High quality garbage.

Since the current government is flush with funds due to state taxes, I'd like to see them spend some of that cash funding extra health services (particularly mental health) rather than playing games and sooking that the feds are cutting funding.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:20 am

Everyone knows who they are voting for Stui. Estimated 40% are expected to vote before the election. I have had to laugh at the amount of candidates who have been exposed for various things. All parties. My thoughts are Guy and the LNP have nothing and that is why they are pushing the Law and Order line. Guy and Sco Mo do a media presentation at Pelegrini's was disgraceful. I know people don't like Shorten but he went there on Sunday without the media bandwagon or bus.

My main concern is splinter parties like the shooters getting in on 3 votes due to preference deals. They offer nothing for society.

Just when you thought the LNP couldn't get anymore desperate, Flat Screen TV's on offer. Laughing Laughing Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:51 am

I almost don't care what happens so long as the Liberals lose. The legislative council looks like it's going to be a mess, though.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:27 pm

I'll be voting every right wing minor party then holding my nose and preferencing the Liberals over Labor. The Libs won my seat (Ripon) by 600 votes last time, so it's nice to be in a swing seat and have the illusion at least that voting means anything. Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:53 pm

Culprit wrote:
One of the comments in the age is gold.
Quote:
All Schools will be provided with the latest Quills and my Government commits to one ink pot for every student.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

They have forgotten about their base.

Very funny. Laughing

They are desparate. Unfortunately law & order / fear works. One should always vote against any pollie of any political persuasion who uses law and order as a platform. It is simply shrill fear evoking nonsense.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:09 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
^ Not out of the question that they might hold the balance of power, nonetheless.

I'm advised that labour's internal polling shows that the Greens may well be holding the balance of power. While I like some / a lot of their policies I just don't trust them. Apart from the impotence of the pure I do see them as wreckers in many ways not as bad as having the Libs of course.

Andrews has done a mighty job in his 4 years.

However a few weeks is a long time in politics, I wouldn't be counting my Neo-nazis in the National party just yet.

If you can, ask any members of the executive where you work if they enjoy Dandrews micromanaging of public health. Off the record of course. Monthly scorecards against statistical measures determined by DoH, threats of punitive action against CEO's and boards for lack of achievement of targets etc.

Managing to statistics is* being driven from the very top down, with the potential casualty being quality of care

(* I say is, but admit I'm 18 months out of that loop. When I was in it, I could clearly see the pressure being applied and the unintended consequences)

I used to report to an excecutive many years ago. Now I'm no where near it. (through choice)

However Nurses have ratio's, the railway removals have been fantastic near me & elsewhere, the fear campaign of the elevated rail parts from Carnegie Staion on back fored with most redidents liking it. the new stations are great, the ambulance dispute was resolved quickly, bicyle lanes are developing & will be better along St Kilda Road, an end to puppy farming, More police, more PSO's ( a good idea by the Libs) more nurses, more money in renewable energy, the advent of dying with dignity, an end to fracking, better pay for nurses (next year I get a decent pay rise I think where I'm still underfunded for the work I do), more schools, what's not to like?

Still made mistakes but rationalizing the CFA is a great idea but clumsily done. They have been an unaccountable mob for ages and they need to be brought into the 21st century, with a coherent managment structure of one fire service with different aspects.

Voted yesterday. I'm in a Lib seat but the margin is narrowing

K 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:25 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I used to report to an excecutive many years ago. Now I'm no where near it. (through choice)

However Nurses have ratio's, ...

Ratios? What does this mean?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:28 pm

K wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

However Nurses have ratio's, ...

Ratios? What does this mean?

Hi K,

Ratios means nurse to patient ratio's: one nurse to four patients.

So if you have an inpatient medical or surgical bed and there are 24 patients then funding needs to be provided at the minimum of 1 nurse to four patients. In this scenario it would mean 6 nurses. In addition you need to have a nurse in charge (unit manager) a nurse educator for x many staff and a a shift leader per shift. There is also the consideration of what level of training does the nurse have?

For example: Registered nurse, enrolled nurse etc. In addition a unit (ward in the olden days) might need a nurse special that is 1:1 for high needs patients such as those with dementia / alcohol / behavioural issues and also for some mental health patients. This would be over and above the ratio's.

On night shift the levels change.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:00 pm

just registered for postal votes! i hate those $$%^%%$ polling stations!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22   

Jump to: