Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Players under the pump in 2019

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:14 pm
Post subject: Players under the pump in 2019Reply with quote

As our team continues to improve, those who have been on our list for 2-3 years, without securing regular senior games, must surely be under the pump to retain their spots on our list if they don't show significant improvement and force their way into our first's team in 2019. Therefore these players need to step up big time, or risk being delisted at the end of 2019:

Daicos
C. Brown
Appleby
McLarty
Lynch
Madgen
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:37 pm
Post subject: Re: Players under the pump in 2019Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
As our team continues to improve, those who have been on our list for 2-3 years, without securing regular senior games, must surely be under the pump to retain their spots on our list if they don't show significant improvement and force their way into our first's team in 2019. Therefore these players need to step up big time, or risk being delisted at the end of 2019:

Daicos
C. Brown
Appleby
McLarty
Lynch
Madgen

Until injury hit I thought that Appleby was looking promising. I don't know that many thought he would be playing senior footy in his first year, but he did.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:06 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Daicos
C. Brown
Appleby
McLarty
Lynch
Madgen

Until injury hit I thought that Appleby was looking promising. I don't know that many thought he would be playing senior footy in his first year, but he did.

And he's just signed a contract extension, so he's "under the pump" only in the same way that any other rookie is under the pump.
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Crocker, Wills and Reid can be added to the list as under the pump.

Reid maybe asked to retire unless he has a blinder in 2019 I.e. playing multiple games of footy

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:16 pm

Good point 5ftwod and P4S. I wasn't initially going to have Fynn on that list, but figured that with Dunn, Moore, Maynard, Howe, Langdon and possibly Murphy playing down back in 2019, he might struggle for senior game time.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:57 pm

i'd be really surprised if all of Blair, Smith, McLarty, Broomhead, Murray aren't gone and it wouldnt surprise me to see Greenwood disappear as well. I am right that none of them have contracts, correct?

I would also add, that there is zero chance that Wills, Wells, Reid and Crocker are with us in 2020. Goldsack would be lucky as well.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:00 pm

E wrote:
i'd be really surprised if all of Blair, Wills, Smith, McLarty, Broomhead arent gone and it wouldnt surprise me to see Greenwood disappear as well. I am right that none of them have contracts, correct?

I would also add, that there is zero chance that Wells, Reid and Crocker are with us in 2020. Goldsack would be lucky as well.

Too right. I guess I was concentrating more on the younger players, yet to cement spots, rather than the ageing players at the end of their careers.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:04 pm

E wrote:
i'd be really surprised if all of Blair, Smith, McLarty, Broomhead, Murray aren't gone and it wouldnt surprise me to see Greenwood disappear as well. I am right that none of them have contracts, correct?

I would also add, that there is zero chance that Wills, Wells, Reid and Crocker are with us in 2020. Goldsack would be lucky as well.

Broomhead has recently signed a one year contract and been guaranteed a rookie list spot.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:52 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Daicos
C. Brown
Appleby
McLarty
Lynch
Madgen

Reid and Elliot IF they don't come good with Injuries and Even Schranberg but he might get another Year coming off his 3rd ACL's

Lynch and McLarty looks Promising so hopefully both can take big Steps next year.

Daicos and C Brown are Interesting One's as Shown Promise but not Cemented in Best 22 yet but both could.

Forgot Crocker as he be on top of the List as Possible De-Listings at Seasons End at the Moment

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:14 pm

If Daicos and Brown were called Jones and Smith they would have both been delisted by now.

Theyd wanna show something in 2019 or theyre done with.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:23 pm

Here is "last year's" thread:
http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=83341

It can now be revealed that the elephant said: "Go to the mountain."
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:33 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
If Daicos and Brown were called Jones and Smith they would have both been delisted by now.

Unfortunately I have to agree, their bodies are too small - it would be different if they had showed more skill but neither have and I can't see either of them forcing their way back into the side bar several injuries.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:01 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:

Unfortunately I have to agree, their bodies are too small - it would be different if they had showed more skill but neither have and I can't see either of them forcing their way back into the side bar several injuries.

I think you are being a bit harsh on a couple of kids who have only played a handful of games.

I've seen plenty in both to indicate they'll be big improvers next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81JT6dph1SI

Last edited by Skids on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:15 pm

Skids wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:

I think you are being a bit harsh on a couple of kids who have only played a handful of games.

Correct weight in my view for Daicos however Brown needs to step up more. We need to be patient. They can develop well in the VFL. Sicily I thought spent a while in the Hawks VFL team before stepping up. I think its too early to make that call on them but Brown has got to kick the ball more than 30 metres.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:20 pm

Skids wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:

Im with Skids on this one. Most people think we will have the best mid field in the comp in 2019 ( and likely beyond )
These two would both be capable of regular games in weaker teams next year. Part of the challenge will be adding more strings to their bows to help with their versatility.
I wouldnt be writing either of them off just yet but its up to them how they respond when the opportunity presents itself.

I think we will be still looking to move on older and injury prone players at the end of 2019 before the club starts putting a line through these two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: