Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our delisting—when and how many

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:41 am
Post subject: Our delisting—when and how manyReply with quote

Seeing lots of the club,s delisting but not a lot appears to be starting yet at Holden Center
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, it's the first time that we haven't announced them pre-trade week. Hope McLarty survives the cut.
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:36 am

I expect they are waiting on the B sample before they can delist Murray.

Smith and Blair are certainties.
Oxley is a rookie and won't stay

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:27 am

That’s interesting—the delay I mean

Don’t think McLarty has been offered a contract yet ❓

Bit on AFL that club was exploring options for Blair

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:33 am

Pebbles Rocks wrote:

How long does this take Rolling Eyes

Should be almost instant.

Results management

We can store samples in our deep freeze facility for up to ten years, and retrospectively analyse the samples to detect prohibited substances and methods, and enforce sanctions against athletes.

If we are advised by a WADA-accredited laboratory that an athlete's ‘A’ sample has recorded an adverse analytical finding, which is the presence of a prohibited substance or its metabolites or markers, or evidence of use of a prohibited method on the WADA Prohibited List, the athlete will be notified.

If the athlete's ‘A’ sample, whether urine or blood (where an ‘A’ and ‘B’ sample were collected) returns an adverse analytical finding, the athlete will have the right to have the ‘B’ sample analysed to confirm the result.

If the athlete's ‘A’ sample returns an adverse analytical finding and the athlete has waive their right to have the ‘B’ sample analysed, ASADA can elect to test the ‘B’ sample.

ASADA also collects urine and blood samples in accordance with WADA’s Athlete Biological Passport Guidelines. If following the review of an athlete’s profile ASADA considers further investigations are required, we may contact the athlete for more information.

https://www.asada.gov.au/anti-doping-programmes/testing

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:43 am

Yeah, cmon Pies, put us and them out of their misery.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:08 pm

The probable delists are:

Blair
Oxley
Smith
Kirby
Murray (assuming he is found guilty before the cut off date)

Then possible delists are:

McLarty
Lynch

It's a shame we couldn't delist Wells as I don't expect we'll ever get any value from him, but he is entitled to see out the final year of his contract.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:25 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

It's a shame we couldn't delist Wells as I don't expect we'll ever get any value from him, but he is entitled to see out the final year of his contract.

I'd pay him out and delist him anyway, the spot on our list is more valuable then any 'foreseeable' contribution he might provide.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:44 pm

Skids wrote:
Pebbles Rocks wrote:

How long does this take Rolling Eyes

Should be almost instant.

Results management

We can store samples in our deep freeze facility for up to ten years, and retrospectively analyse the samples to detect prohibited substances and methods, and enforce sanctions against athletes.

If we are advised by a WADA-accredited laboratory that an athlete's ‘A’ sample has recorded an adverse analytical finding, which is the presence of a prohibited substance or its metabolites or markers, or evidence of use of a prohibited method on the WADA Prohibited List, the athlete will be notified.

If the athlete's ‘A’ sample, whether urine or blood (where an ‘A’ and ‘B’ sample were collected) returns an adverse analytical finding, the athlete will have the right to have the ‘B’ sample analysed to confirm the result.

If the athlete's ‘A’ sample returns an adverse analytical finding and the athlete has waive their right to have the ‘B’ sample analysed, ASADA can elect to test the ‘B’ sample.

ASADA also collects urine and blood samples in accordance with WADA’s Athlete Biological Passport Guidelines. If following the review of an athlete’s profile ASADA considers further investigations are required, we may contact the athlete for more information.

https://www.asada.gov.au/anti-doping-programmes/testing

They can store and test later but they won't. If you search out the BBC documentary "The Race" online you will see what happened when many years later they started testing what were previously clean samples from the medal winners from the LA Olympics. Positive, positive, positive, positive, positive, ooops we better close this down.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:19 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I'd pay him out and delist him anyway, the spot on our list is more valuable then any 'foreseeable' contribution he might provide.

I believe that's what the club wanted, but he is entitled to enforce his contract, and play out his final year.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:25 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I believe that's what the club wanted, but he is entitled to enforce his contract, and play out his final year.

Sorta pointless if you're not ever going to pick him - he's just not worth the risk.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:36 pm

im thinking the other way around. If we get dozen games out of him especially around finals time then its worth it.

Imagine Wells in our already stacked up midfield !!

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:51 pm

magpieazza wrote:
im thinking the other way around. If we get dozen games out of him especially around finals time then its worth it.

How old is he? Again its not worth the risk, the guy is injury prone and if you go down a player in a game most games you're likely to lose.

The question has to be, is trying to squeeze 12 games out of an 'old injury prone' midfielder worth the gamble of maybe losing you the four point every times he plays worth it?

I suspect the answer is a clear no.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:04 pm

The problem is, the club may well agree with your assessment, but Wells is legally entitled to play out his final year - rather than accept a payout. We are therefore locked into honouring the final year of his contract, whether we want to or not.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:19 pm

magpieazza wrote:

How old is he? Again its not worth the risk, the guy is injury prone and if you go down a player in a game most games you're likely to lose.

The question has to be, is trying to squeeze 12 games out of an 'old injury prone' midfielder worth the gamble of maybe losing you the four point every times he plays worth it?

I suspect the answer is a clear no.

You make good points but he could come good.
The problem is that we have to pay him either way.

If it was up to me I would have given him a two year contract but who knows what the inner workings are of the club. Maybe we had to spend the money on someone to fit our cap....

Anyway we are both entitled to our opinions and I know Wells is a game changer when fit. There are many examples of injury prone players coming good, when all seemed improbable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: